General

Alternatives to Photobucket

Posted by Bramble15 on 30 Aug 2017, 12:46

Good morning,

I am sorry if this is a rehash of what transpired a month or so ago with respect to Photobucket but I wanted to get opinions on the following. Looking for a free site that can do what photobucket did in the past. Host photos and allow me to link to Bennos.

Flickr
Shutterfly
Google Drive

Please note that the use of any alternative would be solely used for photos of my miniatures. My wife has another system of sorts for family photos etc.
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 30 Aug 2017, 15:02

photoimage,is what i`ve been using since November 2016 using, `chrome', server!
Quite a few guys on the Forum now use it too. One can use it without even Signing Up,or Loging In.
If remaining invisible is ones aim. Free Posting is what one gets,and it is very quick and without irritating Adverts. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 30 Aug 2017, 15:04

I have pictures at google drive, but I have no idea how to show them as pictures here. Tried and all that came up was links. Seems to be something called Imgur that some here use. Haven't tried that yet.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Graeme on 31 Aug 2017, 00:31

Imgur works much better for me than Tinypic ever did, and it's free. You do have to sign up for it though.

If you use Chrome or Firefox browsers see Fred G's post in this thread, there are patches that will allow you to see photobucket images that have already been posted (like your avatar).

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20819&view=unread#unread
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Sep 2017, 20:08

My first photograph freely placed using, `imgur',
Easy Registration using my Face Book Account.
I joined to give me another back up option for free posting,
and because Gunnar made mention of it. :thumbup: Thanks Gunnar.
Give it a try guys,it is very quick to paste,copy and post. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bramble15 on 03 Sep 2017, 13:39

Thanks a ton fellas! Just signed up for Imgur. I will hopefully try and test a few photos in a bit.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bramble15 on 03 Sep 2017, 14:02

test

Posted by Xantippos on 03 Sep 2017, 20:21

My recommendation is Google photos. I have used in the past Imageshack, Minus, collector's sites uploaders, and some others, all have disappeared leaving me with my link images are broken. Don't let any promises blind you; all web hosting sites will disappear eventually leaving your work thrown to the rubbish.

So,considering highly unlikely that Google disappears (I think it is more likely that some small countries disappear rather than Google) Google photos is the best option.The only downside is that it is a bit slow to get the code link to paste it on forums.

What I recommend is; open an account with Blogger, create your blog, and then attach there your images the article, post it, and then copy the image url from there. This is what I now do for all my images. It also has the good extra that it will always be there,even if there is some problem with the forum where you post it.
Xantippos  

Posted by FredG on 09 Sep 2017, 11:27

I've tried Google Photos as it has unlimited storage. It's a little of a fiddle to get the url to post but hey! it's free.
We like free. :-D :yeah: :-D :yeah: :-D :yeah: :-D :yeah:

Google Photo

Flickr
FredG  United Kingdom

Return to General