Work in Progress

Animals

Posted by stenfalk on 23 Jul 2017, 10:44

Paul wrote:!! The bulls !! :shock: The poor Things. Not much bigger than Dogs and forced to pull a heavy plough over the tops of the trees!! :mad: :mad:

Paul, you're funny. The bulls had to be so small at that time, otherwise they would never have gotten into the tree crowns... :-D
stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Jul 2017, 14:18

Well said Paul. :mrgreen:
Perhaps carefree halfway point inflatable animals clouding themselves along the top of the canopy. Or just two skinny's being encouraged whip-like along the gradual slope of the fertile richness of the productive land.
I guess some had skinny to thin domestic oxen, and others larger ones that where most fearsome creatures capable of dragging a poor Egyptian fellow with Wife running and fast seeding in tow right into next weeks episode.
As some pages in The Beano comic often ended. :-D
:sst:" and them most correctly having no sandles. no not a one."

You all have good day.:-D
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by stenfalk on 31 Jul 2017, 13:08

First the good news. I am currently packing new sets of figures, the casts are done: Wolfhounds, "Canes Pugnaces" and Highland Cattle. So it will not be long before these sets are available. Hooray! :-D

Another pleasant information: It's also planned to carry out the beginning of the wild boar production this year. For this, the early boars was upgraded. After about a year and a half in which i had a lot of modeling experiences, i was no longer satisfied with the results of the early days. All wild boars are now improved - they got eyes, hairy ears, nostrils, more characterful and individual heads. How they looks now you can see here:

And last but not least the improvements. I've completely reworked the Podolica bull once again. The reason for this has been described above in a post. I think now he looks a bit more brawny...

stenfalk  Germany

Posted by huib on 31 Jul 2017, 14:54

Beautiful sculpting on the wild boars and the bull, Stenfalk. Really excellent!
huib  Netherlands

Posted by Wiking on 31 Jul 2017, 16:09

:mrgreen:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Graeme on 01 Aug 2017, 04:01

stenfalk wrote: Wolfhounds, "Canes Pugnaces" and Highland Cattle. So it will not be long before these sets are available. Hooray! :-D

Excellent news!

Lord George approves.

Graeme  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by DickerThomas on 01 Aug 2017, 07:46

Great work .. hhmmm .. maybe some Asian Water Buffalos ... :oops: :oops:

Maybe a "Hängebauchschwein" ... :-D :-D
DickerThomas  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Aug 2017, 23:30

I love the look of those Wild Porkers! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Cryns on 02 Aug 2017, 11:16

stenfalk wrote:last but not least the improvements. I've completely reworked the Podolica bull once again.

Well done. Looks very good Stenfalk.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by stenfalk on 06 Aug 2017, 11:41

For a long time i have fought with myself on how to proceed with the publication of figures prospective. But i had to make a decision and now she's done. I'm pleased to announce today the delivery of the first packages with the contents of "Highland Cattle" and large dogs.

The sets are filled as shown in the photos.

However, the cattle must get fitted up with seperately horns made of tin castings, which are included as a small extra cast part. In the photos you can see the resin horns, but they were too sensitive. The cattle have pre-drilled holes at the exit points of the horns, so mounting should be quite simple. The material for the horns was selected with the intention to allow a careful, individual bending after assembly with a higher strength at the same time.
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by The Talking Horse on 06 Aug 2017, 14:27

I don't suppose I am the only one wishing to give you some money.
Please advise how to buy these wonderful creatures.
Regards Douglas.
The Talking Horse  United Kingdom

Posted by Graeme on 06 Aug 2017, 15:12

I just placed an order here:

http://germania-figuren.com/gx2/1-72-Resinfiguren/1-72-Munich-kits/Der-Erste-Weltkrieg-424/?XTCsid=r55gi2sen90ls0o243dm6pgdt2

Click on 1/72 resinfiguren at the top left and tiere stenfalk on the popup menu.

I didn't see them listed on the other site that sells Stenfalk's German Shepherds, Fredericus Rex, My apologies to them if I missed it.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Taipeh on 06 Aug 2017, 15:21

Hi,

will be shipped tomorrow to Australia to you

You could click in the running banner at the start side, brings you edirectly to "STENFALK"

Ciao Michael

http://www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by Graeme on 06 Aug 2017, 15:25

Great service Michael . Thanks.

So, some things I need to do now:

Pick a figure to represent Breadalbane or Glenlyon so he can take delivery of a fold of shaggy coos.

Start painting a MacGregor raiding party to steal them from him.

And finally get Boudicca's chariot sorted out so she can keep up with those very fit looking war hounds. :-D
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 07 Aug 2017, 08:14

Torsten, I wish to you great success. :love1: :thumbup: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Ray.Caruana on 08 Aug 2017, 08:09

Congratulations Stenfalk! And good luck :thumbup:
Ray.Caruana  Malta

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Cryns on 10 Aug 2017, 08:51

Dear Stenfalk,

I think you made some good and wise decisions.
Very small sets of a single breed each.
Clever to present them in both German and English language.

stenfalk wrote:the cattle must get fitted up with seperately horns made of tin castings, which are included as a small extra cast part. In the photos you can see the resin horns, but they were too sensitive. The cattle have pre-drilled holes at the exit points of the horns, so mounting should be quite simple.

Do not worry about this: your customers will be ambitious modelers anyhow. Most important is you give them the opportunity to buy and build Highland cattle with great horns.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Aug 2017, 09:34

I am probably the only one waiting for your boxers :-D , but I realize that I have great need of your mastiffs and wolfhounds so sometime in the future I'll contact Michael and place an order. It would be nice to be able to buy some of Leo's cats at the same time, but they just seem to be available directly from Leo at the moment.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Ray.Caruana on 10 Aug 2017, 09:41

I am very much tempted to do a Highland cattle scene in the near future :-) . But first of all we need to get rid of the high temperatures and heat waves we are experiencing this summer :( The paint is drying in my wet pallette! :-x
Ray.Caruana  Malta

Posted by stenfalk on 10 Aug 2017, 20:22

Ray.Caruana wrote:But first of all we need to get rid of the high temperatures and heat waves we are experiencing this summer :( The paint is drying in my wet pallette! :-x

Oh, Ray, now i know where our summer has been in this year! :-D Ok, a few hours we had it, but afterwards mostly always came a lot of water from the sky. :(

But i hope you'll be fine, despite the heat. And i thank you and all those who expressed themselves so kindly and appreciably in their feedback. It may sound a bit exaggerated but i'm always happy in a special way when my figures can inspire some of you in the design of dioramas or vignettes. :oops: :oops: :oops:
stenfalk  Germany

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress