Miniatures News

New Caesar Miniatures

Posted by KenzoSato on 17 Jul 2017, 12:40

The new six boxes of Caesar Miniatures.

https://websoldiersitaly.blogspot.it/20 ... chive.html
KenzoSato  Italy

Posted by Wiking on 17 Jul 2017, 14:44

Thank you for this info.
The paratroopers with the Leichtgeschütz are intersting.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by MikeRC97 on 18 Jul 2017, 12:34

Thanks for the link.

I really hope the German winter unit with Pak36 is as well sculpted as the old Caesar Germans in winter uniforms as that is one of their best sets imho and this new set will work great with that one for weapon crews and filling out units. I have been disappointed with the sculpting on many of the newer Caesar sets but the pics on these look good, will have to wait for the PSR pics to know for sure.
MikeRC97  

Posted by Wiking on 18 Jul 2017, 14:36

MikeRC97 wrote:
I really hope the German winter unit with Pak36 is as well sculpted ...

I am me pretty sure that the Pak36 is from S-Models and in a high quality as the VW, Kettenkrad ...
Wiking  Germany

Posted by MABO on 18 Jul 2017, 19:59

Thanks for the info. I am also interested in some closer looks on the figures without any scenery.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by MikeRC97 on 19 Jul 2017, 12:21

Wiking wrote:MikeRC97 wrote:

I am me pretty sure that the Pak36 is from S-Models and in a high quality as the VW, Kettenkrad ...

I meant the figures, the last few sets from Caesar have been poor when it comes to the figures, there seems to be a consistent problem with the anatomy (long gorilla like arms in particular)
MikeRC97  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wiking on 19 Jul 2017, 15:09

Mike Rc97 wrote:

Wiking wrote:
MikeRC97 wrote:

I meant the figures, the last few sets from Caesar have been poor when it comes to the figures, there seems to be a consistent problem with the anatomy (long gorilla like arms in particular)

Thank you for clarifying the miss understanding. :-D
Yes, you are right, I stay with your opinion about the quality of the last Cäsar figure sets.
I too hope that they improve the quality of the figure like they do in the past.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Arkoudaki on 22 Jul 2017, 09:45

I too have been disappointed by the sculpting on some of Caesar's more recent sets. Moreover, the molding done by MiniKnight was just awful...so glad they stopped doing that. One question about Caesar that constantly bugs me is why don't they make better looking weapons??? That is the weakest point of their figures, poor quality and inaccurate looking weapons. I love their faces and such but the weapon is key, so they really need to get this right.

Does anyone know whether the earlier announced Dutch-Belgian WW2 set (H039) will ever see the light of day???

And now Caesar is doing 1914 WW1 will we see more? I really like the Zvezda WW1 sets but sadly there is just two of them: Germans and Russians.

On that note, not to hijack this thread on Caesar Minis (one of my favs) but is there any chance of Zvezda getting back into the 1/72 plastic figures again??? If anyone has inside info, please do share! ;)
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Posted by KenzoSato on 24 Jul 2017, 09:59

Hello, there are boxes in which the Caesar figurines are not successful, or, they do not have well carved armies. For example, the modern US soldier in action HB11 is the only product of the battlefield series. The whole series will concern Germans wwII. Hopes for product improvement.
KenzoSato  Italy

Posted by Xantippos on 12 Aug 2017, 12:28

I applaud the new chinese soldiers, at last something a bit new on the market. There is so much yet to produce. At least I see them perfectly well sculpted, personally I don't search anatomic perfection but rather the depiction of many armies (particularly ancient at this time, previous to gunpowder) not yet seen in 1/72 form.
Xantippos  

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 06 Sep 2017, 15:22

The 6 new Caesar sets are finally available from a wide variety of european shops now.
They're listed at Linear A and Hobby Terra since this week for example.

Will definitely order several boxes of the early WWI French Infantry.
From what I can see, they seem to be much better than the respective Hät ballerinas.

Also one or two boxes each of the WWII German sets:
- The Fallschirmjäger are a must for everyone seriously interested into these troops. No other major WWII topic endured more setbacks in 1/72 and its just a recent development that there are useable figures available in this scale.
- The Kettenkrad set seems to contain a 5cm Granatwerfer 36 with crew among other heavy weapons. A rather rare sighting in 1/72 in contrast to its wide spread use during the first half of the war. Why we see it here in combination with a Kettenkrad and a late war 8,8 cm Raketenwerfer 43 is a mystery to me.
- Panzer crews, one of those things one can never have enough of... . ;-)
- Nice looking late war "winter" infantry. Why the early war 3,7cm PaK 36 is included? Never mind, the figures still look good enough.

Although not exactly my area of interest, the Chinese Shang & Zhou Dynasty Troopers look very good as well.

I also hope for the long announced WWII Dutch/Belgian, but also Babylonians, Byzantines, Russo-Japanese War and hopefully further WWII sets (Japanese, Chinese, Finns, Greeks, Yugoslavian, Hungarian & Romanian, ...). :thumbup:
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by MikeRC97 on 26 Sep 2017, 13:43

PSR has pics of some of the new sets in the awaiting review section

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/AwaitingReview.aspx

They look good - none of the anatomy issues we've seen in some of their recent sets
MikeRC97  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 26 Sep 2017, 16:54

The proportions look good, but the weapons are not optimal.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Sep 2017, 02:02

From ,`Plastic Soldier Review', the toy soldiers Jan asked to see.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FatFather on 27 Sep 2017, 20:03

MikeRC97 thx for this links, cause being often on PSR, never found this place.
In my Ceasar box with panzer crew, one panzerman hadn't head, and second hadn't arm - are to mount to two figures. Of course, polish seller said: this fault of producer. Maybe some of you will find bonus head and right arm - have fun. I will have with looking spare parts from other sets :D.
FatFather  Poland

Posted by mickey mouse on 27 Sep 2017, 20:45

FatFather wrote:MikeRC97 thx for this links, cause being often on PSR, never found this place.
In my Ceasar box with panzer crew, one panzerman hadn't head, and second hadn't arm - are to mount to two figures. Of course, polish seller said: this fault of producer. Maybe some of you will find bonus head and right arm - have fun. I will have with looking spare parts from other sets :D.

Try to get one of the Preiser tank crew set. They often have spare heads and arms.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Sep 2017, 15:54

BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Sep 2017, 16:01

BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Arkoudaki on 28 Sep 2017, 21:25

I bought them all direct...and they do look good. I especially like the officer fig from the WW1 French set, as he has a lot of character. Some of the German sets are filled with past releases, essentially padding out the set. However, I am please thus far with them all.
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Posted by marc zijp on 29 Sep 2017, 01:03

@ Arkoudi: since psr haven't placed pictures of the fallschrimjäger yet, can you tell me what the content is of that set? In some pictures I see that little fieldmortar and some normal stahlhelmets instead of the Fallschirmjäger helmet. How many light gun crew does it contain?
Thanks.
marc zijp  

Next page

Return to Miniatures News