Officers Mess

Photobucket fix!

Posted by Paul on 05 Jul 2017, 21:26

Original None third linked pic (from viewtopic.php?f=169&t=20084&p=224983#p224983) He asked nicely so I did one of his first

same but with added extra--muhaha Muhaha!!

Now what did I say? Oh yeh, that was it
Paul wrote:
If they don´t, then some sort of solution to the downed links will have to be found but calls to Change the way the Forum is run/set up won´t help.
Paul  China

Posted by C M Dodson on 05 Jul 2017, 21:58

Hello Paul.

Does this mean that there is a fix for this problem and if so will it be allowed by Photobucket?

I would like my pictures to work and was looking into having to re do the whole lot on a different provider and then repost the lot.

I am not a great tech person so any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 06 Jul 2017, 07:33

I am also curious how it works. No need to fix my old pics, but I plan to post more. I had thoughts about making a youtube video showing what I've done, but if there is a better solution I'll stick with that.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jul 2017, 12:49

Thank you Paul,for pulling this one out of your magical hat. :thumbup:
The, "how to do it", would be way beyond my unimportant head of reasoning.

That idea of yours Gunnar,is a good one.

You Tube, awaits you my friend.
All that's needed is Movie Maker on your PC,to be sifted through and figured out.
In my case,i asked a small child! :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 06 Jul 2017, 15:47

Sorry that I didn´t explain
This is the Code with the Picture not 3rd Party linked
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75 ... crqzxl.jpg
and this is with the fix
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75 ... g~original
The same Code but with ~original added between jpg and the IMG
Paul  China

Posted by FredG on 06 Jul 2017, 16:12

Absolutely brilliant Paul.

Go to the top of the class
FredG  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MikeRC97 on 06 Jul 2017, 16:40

Paul you sir are a genius. I just tried it over on another forum that allows old posts to be edited and it totally worked.

However it doesn't solve the other issue with these message boards that we can't edit our existing threads which means reposting all of the previously posted images. Granted this is minor compared to having to set up a new photo hosting account and transferring over all old pics but still an annoyance. I don't get why we can't edit our old posts here.
MikeRC97  

Posted by C M Dodson on 06 Jul 2017, 16:53

Posted by C M Dodson on 06 Jul 2017, 16:55

Hi Paul.

Thank you very much indeed for this brilliant fix.

I do not know if our Photobucket friends will appreciate this but I certainly do.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted by Paul on 06 Jul 2017, 16:57

FredG wrote:Absolutely brilliant Paul.

Go to the top of the class

As I got the trick from elsewhere I´d probably get thrown out of class for plagiarism :mrgreen:

MikeRC97 wrote:I don't get why we can't edit our old posts here.

Pre this Forum set up (the old style Version) everyone could edit thier Posts.
As they did this the admin (not Moderators) could see an edit had taken place and then look and see what had been done. However, some used this to mess about so the ability to edit Posts was reduced when the new style Forum was set up.

Granted, some other Forums allow editing for all members, either for every post made by a member on the entire Forum or on limited Forum sections. Generally such Forums have a larger Team with Editor capabilities so there´s more Chance of Messing about being picked up on.

Here, if unlimited editing for all was possible It would be possible for someone to join the Forum, make a few Hobby related Posts then go to sleep as it were, wait until the Posts they made have dropped into the history of the Forum and come back and edit them to contain offensive material, links etc. Such editing may get overlooked.

The Problem with PB wasn´t foreseen when the limited editing was brought in. Hopefully, with time we mods can go about and Change the links ....a lot of work but unless PB changes from thier money demands the only solution.

At the Moment it might be best to leave the present links as they are, it´s possible PB will back down from thier Money grabbing idea and allow third Party Hosting. What that would do to links with the ~original added I don´t know.
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 06 Jul 2017, 16:59

C M Dodson wrote:Hi Paul.

Thank you very much indeed for this brilliant fix.

I do not know if our Photobucket friends will appreciate this but I certainly do.

Best wishes,

Chris

:oops: Glad to finally be of some help as a mod instead of dealing with Spammers etc.
I don´t know if PB has cottoned onto this trick and then block it or if they can block it at all..I hope not
Paul  China

Posted by MikeRC97 on 06 Jul 2017, 17:08

Thanks for taking the time to explain that Paul.

On a side note this is one of the friendliest msg boards I have ever had the pleasure to frequent (I think of it as the anti-TMP).

I doubt pb will reverse course, I will probably switch regardless, the site had become practically unusable with all the pop-ups and freezing up, this was the last straw. But for some of my old post I might want to just update from pb
MikeRC97  

Posted by Paul on 06 Jul 2017, 17:20

As they (PB) have been Messing about with users accounts for a Long time a Switch from PB would be sensible.
I can suggest a Google account but as nothing online is safe I wouldn´t guarantee aynthing. They, PB, may or may not back off from thier present stance but with their past record it´s a virtual (Pun intended) given they will do something similar again in the future.
Paul  China

Posted by FredG on 06 Jul 2017, 17:23

Paul wrote:
As I got the trick from elsewhere I´d probably get thrown out of class for plagiarism :mrgreen:

If you hadn't posted it I wouldn't now be able to plagiarise it :mrgreen:

You're still at the top of the class.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jul 2017, 19:16

Postimage,is up and running again. Free Posting, and no need to open an account either. Just use it.
Click on the Photo it will take you there. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Jul 2017, 05:50

First Chit Chat

Yesterday was terrific with a large storm front moving through it. The thounder sounding like several battery`s of 105mm Guns,and it continued for hours on end. I have always enjoyed a good storm and most certainly East Anglia sure got months of water all in a few hours.Lightning was ace cool and well conducted to earth.

To Topic

All Jans photograghs are restored.
If you helped out doing this I thank you Paul.
However if you did not I still thank you, and whom ever it was. Perhaps Jan?

Second Chit Chat

Please guys could you be so kind to note the time of this post. I`ve been up all night writing a few pages of my latest book. So I still have a little to gain in way of royalty`s next year and later. So I ain`t that old to be a loser in spite of resent written opinion.
A pen name is my identity protection, and its simply worked for over 23 years.
I am sure some of you guys know where I`m coming from. However nobody gets rich on kindle books. Thanks Amazon. ;-)

Back to Topic

I managed to check my older posts before writing these notes. My model buildings placed here as i arrived upon this Forum,and my Photobucket pictures are mostly there so I am happy,but the work ain`t that important as time has pressed on and I believe I have not quite improved any. :-D

Hang Loose BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Jul 2017, 09:58

Beano Boy wrote:Image

Postimage,is up and running again. Free Posting, and no need to open an account either. Just use it.
Click on the Photo it will take you there. :-D BB

I did and a Russian girl wanted to go out with me :shock: Joking aside, I have a google account I can try

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6-92 ... GZweF9QUWM

Okay, no pic. Just a link. :( Alrighty. There is plenty of time before I post anything again. Got to go pick all those chanterells in the forest so I won't have time to paint for a while. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Jul 2017, 10:11

:mrgreen: Are you talking magic mushrooms Gunnar? BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Jul 2017, 12:10

Nope, just got some odd adverts. But I saw your picture too! :-)
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by FredG on 07 Jul 2017, 20:31

People who weren't previously affected are now losing their images.
FredG  United Kingdom

Next page

Return to Officers Mess