50%

Total votes : 28

Posted by FredG on 30 Jun 2017, 22:26

Seened like fun to me too
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jul 2017, 16:17

There you go guys the snaps are fixed. :-D
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 01 Jul 2017, 21:37

I had a feeling when I saw this June Duel that someone was going to get tartan-shamed by one of the button-counters on this forum. Sure enough, FredG did not disappoint! He obviously lives for such moments. Well done.

Although Sho's entry gets some colors wrong, too, I did like his photograph better. But my favorite part is that he has managed to paint the mouth and the bagpipe in such a clever way that it conveys a man piping away with all his heart. Bravo, sir.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by FredG on 02 Jul 2017, 12:00

Lol @ button counter. It's half the uniform and the defining half at that.
How Trumpesque, I hadn't realised 'The Donald' was a forum member.

Here's another bit of information regarding the Black Watch

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Ben90 on 02 Jul 2017, 17:15

Ok guys, let´s stop this discussion.

What I wanted to say with my first post is, that I have no Idea how a Black Watch Piper has to look like, I didn´t even read the tiltles of the two works. It is nice that some people know that much about these pipers and it is right to mention inaccuracies if they are discovered by someone. We all can learn from that! And this is what the forum is abuot, next to the fun of the community: Learning and getting better (at least in my eyes).

But besides the inaccuracies I love the fact, that there are enough painters here, willing to duel with each other, so we can enjoy these monthly duels and the nice (paint-)work there. And the 14 people who did vote for the wrong-colored piper (including me), may just have looked at the paintjob and judged by that. It is impossible to know everything, and that included for 14 people the knowledge of the correct uniform of the black-watch-piper. So thanks again to FredG to tell us the historical facts, that is really important!

And regarding me and the other 13 voters: we just gave our votes in this duel. We don´t wanted to blame anybody by not doing internet researches for the correct look of the uniform. I think it is better this way than having only the voices of people who know the correct historical facts about the duellers works. These duels will be boring because of the small amount of voices.

So I hope the discussion finds an (happy)end now...
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Kekso on 02 Jul 2017, 17:27

Ben90 wrote:Ok guys, let´s stop this discussion.

Exactly... and to ensure that I've locked this topic... :mad:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to The Duelling Field