Miniatures Talk

Are the Italeri Spetsnaz 6169 reissue SSM?

Posted by Combat_Jack on 20 May 2017, 07:02

Hi, just wondered if there's anyone out there who has the recent Italeri reissue of the Esci set and could confirm whether or not they are made out of the SSM plastic? I don't see it specifed on the box so am guessing they aren't. I like the SSM sets for conversions. Thanks, Justin
Combat_Jack  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 May 2017, 07:07

I don't have the reissue set of the Spetsnatz, just the original ESCI one. Sorry I could not be of more help. Out of curiosity, why is the SSM plastic preferable for conversions? Is it because you can bend the parts and they stay in the new position?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Combat_Jack on 21 May 2017, 09:50

Thanks. Yes I've got a few of the old Esci sets myself. I've been trying to mate a few top halves to sitting figures to go on the back of a BMD. I've got the Vietnam reissues and British WW2 Paras on SSM and just find the plastic easier to carve with a knife and also glue together. I should have made a search before posting, as I see others have been talking about SSM and it appears only certain sets were done, and not these unfortunately.
Combat_Jack  

Posted by Wiking on 21 May 2017, 11:11

Combat _Jack wrote:
I've been trying to mate a few top halves to sitting figures to go on the back of a BMD.

Modelcollect show on there FB page some sitting figure. They will produce in the future. Maybe they fit in timeline to your project.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Jesse on 31 May 2017, 05:13

I have the italeri reissue and it is not SSM. Yes SSM was easy to cut and glue, but too fragile for my taste. Thin parts such as rifle barrels, swords and spears was quite easy to brake. Maybe they didn't continue with the plastic for this reason.
Jesse  Sweden

Return to Miniatures Talk