Gallery

Ancient temple - 1/72 building

Posted by Phersu on 14 Mar 2017, 22:17

A quick update... after the small figures to use as statues I recently made, a took few days pause from other works, and I finally made the frame decoration at the edges of the roof... and after one year from the project the building is finally complete!

I made a small base just with basic terrain, hopefully this will be just temporary, as I would like to make a bigger diorama... the problem is to find the time to do it, with all the other works on schedule... including some figures left to do to complete this temple scenery... well, one thing a time a bit at time! :-D

Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Posted by sberry on 15 Mar 2017, 07:53

This is really a beautiful and masterly work! I fully understand the problems of finding the necessary time ... in particular since you are working also on a fantastic Chinese series (which I have discovered only recently).
sberry  Germany

Posted by Peter on 01 May 2017, 20:23

Excellent work Leo! :shock: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Phersu on 21 May 2017, 19:47

Another little update... another couple of gods statues, Hermes and Neptune deserved their 1/72 version too, and a bit at time some others will arrive!

Hermes - Mercury

Poseidon - Neptune
Last edited by Peter on 23 Nov 2017, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PB pictures fixed.
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Posted by Cryns on 23 May 2017, 11:46

Lovely! Very lovely.

Are those heel wings resin-casted in one piece with the figure or separate pieces glued upon them?
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Phersu on 11 Jun 2017, 09:10

Mr. Cryns wrote:Lovely! Very lovely.

Are those heel wings resin-casted in one piece with the figure or separate pieces glued upon them?

Thank you!!! ;-)

Only the frontal (right side) wings are casted within the figure... the other are casted separately and to assemble, the sottosquadrta was too deep and otherwise would make the casting very difficult, and the soft mold would be too weak in that part... :eh:

while instead it worked on the same 18 mm figure, just a difference of 25% in the reduced size and wings two millimeters shorter allowed the casting almost without no scraps, and the release from the mold too. ;-)

Last edited by Peter on 23 Nov 2017, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: PB pictures fixed.
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Cryns on 13 Jun 2017, 09:46

Thank you so much for your explanation Phersu :thumbup:
How do you reduce the size?
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Phersu on 14 Jun 2017, 08:57

Mr. Cryns wrote:Thank you so much for your explanation Phersu :thumbup:
How do you reduce the size?

You welcome!
Actually there's not size reduction, it's just similar figures sculpted in two different scales. ;-)
I know there is a "shrinking resin", which seem to work fine for little reductions, and apparently also even for higher percent resizing repeating the process several times... I have in mind to try it since I discovered it long ago, but I never find the time yet.
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Previous page

Return to Gallery