Tutorials

Oyumaru Mould

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Sep 2015, 18:13

Thank you hI630,nice to receive your comment. I often trade with companies based in China. Which is a good way of helping in a small way to create Jobs. :thumbup: Thank`s Again. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 May 2016, 12:27

Needing always to expand in ways of making props. This Topic has been reactivated and hopefuly the results of using my black stuff again will be rewarding in producing castings for free,there being no need to make permanent moulds just for doorways and window lintels.

This fact is a big saving,and only a few penny`s worth of Plaster of Paris is used in the casting up process.

The little period piece; the 1970`s Indian canoe is just right for holding tiny metal parts.

A fare result on the first casting this one produced,and although I will find use for it another Pattern has been made simply by blu tac-ing the cheap junk jewelry onto a styrene strip again.

It is a bit wider and two or more castings will make the higher expanse of an entrance to a building yet to be conceived in my imagination. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 08 May 2016, 13:03

Nice one again Paul! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 19 May 2016, 13:15

Wife called, she misses her earrings :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Cryns on 20 Jun 2016, 13:44

Dear Beano Boy,

Thanks for answering some of my questions directed at Kostis.
Of course I have been reading your molding tutorials before and recently again.
I want to thank you for sharing your experiences in this topic and other ones.

Did you ever mold and cast 1:72 figures?
After you casted some barrels, gabians and pretty massive figures, what do you think can be recommended for making a mold in the tiny figures scale?
Remember my living room is my only working area so I must not poison mrs. Cryns.
And what resin would you recommend? The Paris Plaster you used will not be strong enough for the thinnest parts like limbs and poles I think.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Apr 2017, 19:52

IN THE REALMS OF FANTASY & SCI FI , IT REMINDS ME OF A TRIFFID SEEDLING __

__ or a sci-fi use for bottle tops? Well these little things are so underrated.
:mrgreen: " They most certainly are."

In cultivating such a thing one must always follow the planting instructions. :sst: " that bb,lost."

Do not wonder 2 much 4 I reasoned it out,but even I was surprised on how quick it grew twisting its way upwards,and I wanting no stinging dangerous Triffid rooting about the house I saw fit to plunk it into toughened Plaster Of Paris. That`s where the bottle top came into play. However during that first night while I was busy typing I heard the darn thing man-holing its self across my work table .
:mrgreen: " It got free of that sticky blu tac,and off it went dragging its bottom butt about." :cowboy: " It sure scared me,and I headed further west putting the Red River between it and me."

4 This part of a something i used blu tac, as i used up all that reusable black stuff on a certain something else.

I started work on this oddity three days ago just to confuse the shaking heads who are saying to themselves what on earth is it ?

Now it looks like a Magic Mushroom! :mrgreen: " They make you see Pink Bunnies!"

At first it was right side up,but now it is upside down. :eh: " EH!"
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Apr 2017, 11:02

As I rammed the thing upside down into whatever it is, it screamed out "EERT EZIS LAMROF."
:mrgreen: " It must be Triffid Lingo?" :eh: "EH!"
Yes head first fast fixed it was."
:sst: " and still it struggled to increase in size,but managed to do so."

I believe the thing whatever it is ,is still growing and it being up side down will soon be rooting about again on my table top covered in glass.
:mrgreen: "I think bb,has created a something that cannot be controlled."

:cowboy: " That`s Scarry enough Pards to make the ears stand upright stiff on all those Pink Bunnies!"

Image "EKKKKKKK!"

:sst: " if you see them perhaps you might have eaten magic mushrooms too?"

BOTTLE TOPS & STRAWBERRY-LIKE BEGINNINGS

To add a story line of fun to a topic plain and simple that might be boring in vast degrees I made it up side down whereas others of its kind will be made right way standing up like a formal rank of the Queens own personal Cold Stream Guard.

So above one can view the prison that held tight the Triffid! A two part mould for my needs for I have long pondered this way or another,on how best to make them. Of course there is a bright reason for making them,but as I trimmed off the black bottom edge I wondered how these large strawberry like things might turn out ?
I guess we will have to wait and see. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Apr 2017, 09:35

The Two Part Mould System applied here, has been dealt with many times on this topsy turvy topic so has not been shown here. Scooting back along the long topsy turvy roadway will show those details elsewhere and fully explain them. It is also shown to a greater degree on The Rubber Mould, topic.

Unable to buy more period piece toy tree`s I decided to make my version of them for my own use.

Sun Shade added to benefit the viewers eyes.

The tiny tree`s for the canal diorama are 6 cm X 3 cm,and will be placed in ( 3`s,5`,s and 7`s ) between houses in formal gardens, work on bases and trunks is ongoing at this present time,but nothing to fancy because it is the panoramic scene to be viewed in total not just any individual tree or its base.

The impression made by a classic toy tree in the Thomas The Tank Engine Collection.

Our tree centre ,with a Rainbow over Fiddle Wood
These tree`s remind me of our Yew Tree in our own garden. They could also be BUXUS Tree`s that we pronounce as simple BOX!

Placing odd numbers will really work , as in any real garden setting.

To show the HO OO Scale,an illustration Only. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Apr 2017, 10:52

Work from the black mould has now finished and only the bottom root detail has to be added today to the bases. Above is only an example like placing Chess Pieces out upon the formal board. Here the the odd numbers of three,s, fives, sevens and nines come into play and break up the formal straight lines along the edges. As you can see the same principle applies with the three buildings shown as examples only.
As for all the tree`s they will be dipped on mass along with others of differing kinds. Last year I made the river and working canal, now I continue onwards to create lots of tree`s,so I am quite enjoying this part of scratch building in my hobby. See you interested guys a little later. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jun 2017, 12:56

Most sorry I deleted some pictures. Silly me, a most awful mistake to make,
but at least some were spared the time used by not looking at them. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous page

Return to Tutorials