Gallery

BB`s Toy Figures

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jan 2017, 16:32

Clamity Jane and Anny Oakley comes to mind as being the theme behind these high-rise figures. Wild Bill Hickok , and Buffalo Bill Codey, of course knew both Jane and Anny, but were never lawmen. So if the lawman is either of them,along with the other gals,the meaning of Toy applies here and not model figures.

It would probably be the case that the old Italian toy company Atlantic,made large Masters then downsized to produce two further sizes ,they being in fact the 1/32 and 1/72 scale steel moulds. However that is my opinion based upon my engineering background,but would seem logical as Britains toy company did likewise,and AIRFIX acquired under licence the rights to produce smaller 1/76 scale figures of 1970`s style Britains British Infantry, which I reviewed on the Forum a few years back.

As for the Lawman & Outlaws Set, It would be excellent to have all three sizes in the collection, but as the American Eagle fly`s from the Wild-West,with highly greedy mailing costs, that quest is not that important, so having not to many Italian toy figures, it is no big deal. My focus is toward the East were I can get Free-Postage on bygone items of yesteryear. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Feb 2017, 23:25

Here is a sparkle of difference to bounce upon the toy figure page.

1960`s Astronaughts 2" figures possible copy`s down sized toys.

Much larger Original MOON BASE,Figures were produced at 14.5cms in height, (5-3/4 inches.) By LOUIS MARX.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Mar 2017, 14:48

ASTERIX FIGURES

It does seem that the amazing Asterix Figures,in that Collection grows a little with each years passing.
The highly prized Roman figures are below. All bear the trademark of excellence, `dargaud ',in tiny purple letters.

Although having many full sets,and odd seconds living in the 8 sided tower that Henry No 8,had built and which is guarded day and night by an Alien Guard on the battlements,theres always room a plenty there for the extra plastic figure collecting hobby. So it was today that saw dry figures standing in Mrs B,` kitchen after being washed in soapsuds yesterday and left overnight to get used to their new home.

These will look super when painted and there are many an adventure in store for them.A Job Lot bought from Amsterdam,a buyer that was reluctant to give combined postage,but after three friendly E Mails,he dotted off £5.00 from the £16.00 he wanted to charge me for shipping.

Why the roaming around trademark?
This mark travels about on these figures and is seen here on the back of the neck,other figures have it on the inner side of the shield, or elsewhere. One has it on his fish! :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 12 Mar 2017, 15:58

Paul, it is obvious that you are skilled scratchbuilder. Let's make some Gaul's village... I mean you :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Mar 2017, 17:53

Dalibor,here`s a little something with the bubble gum figures.

This is my version of a double sided Asterix ,style house. My design based upon the comics.Turn it around and there is another house front. So a two into one scratch build. A three story building designed to save space. Why? because up is free, instead of twee. Never got around to building the comic style chimney.

I am rather busy at present turning the wheel of enterprise. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 12 Mar 2017, 22:36

They look fantastic again Paul, and a little jealous I am reading this post and watch the fantastic house!!!
But don't buy them all from the Dutch market, hahahaha
I know there is a Dutchman hunting as well :)
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Mar 2017, 00:16

Mrs B.told me that they were purple not grey like in E Bay picture I first placed.
and upon inspection they were found to be original atoy specimens.
Yes Remco, Romans from Amsterdam,but I leave all the tulips for you my friend. :mrgreen:

Another story hangs upon the balance of my scratch building houses,and involves an ancient Roman Scam not ever reported upon the question of so called toy town history.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Mar 2017, 15:59

I like to treat myself to rare metal figures at least once a year,but I like to buy them cheap.

I am really excited about obtaining these Lead J HILL CO, SOLDIERS BANDSMEN,and other Soldiers.
For a restoration project. Well in the truer sense of the world not really,because the paint job seen was plastered on and so left the famous foundry as seen. So my aim is to restore any broken piece of lead by brasing iron,and give these Brits a sparkling paint job deserving of their place and rank in Toy Town History. As you see they are Farm Fresh,and sure do look it. Until they arrive I cannot date them. If they are pre WWII,i have lucked in Big Time,because most were melted down for the war effort to recycle and make lead bullets. Are they collectable? To me they sure are. They are certainly pre 1956, because joHillCo, went over to produce plastic figures in that year. So they are over 60 years old.
:mrgreen: " They even have antique dust and cobwebs on e`m!"
:sst: " and long ago even before your Fathers time perhaps children played with these", implied the little button
:cowboy: " BB,where are the Cowboys? " Asked the insecure Cowboy who always sleeps in his boots.
:coffee: " Well I might have a few following real soon.

Friendly comments are always welcome on this open ended topic. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 19 Mar 2017, 18:57

BRITAINS HERALD 1960`s

More for visual impact is much better than less with little interest. EPIC ! :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Mar 2017, 19:31

In my eyes these figures were always looked upon as real beauties, and I being most fortunate indeed, and because I love these toys,i managed to buy out the complete stock of these 1960`s BRITAINS Greek & Trojen Archers. One is a BRITAINS HERALD FIGURE, the only difference is the colour of the base. My own reward for being most diligent in two projects.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Apr 2017, 00:49

This is the place to show this double sided Leaflet from 1964 showing the old English money price. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Apr 2017, 07:28

I bought a job lot and until it arrives and i sort it out i do not know actually what i have just bought.
Peter will recognize this rough tuff one from W Germany. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Apr 2017, 18:14

This fellow has an imposable shield arm pose, and he is a toy figure not a model from the early 1970`s however that is one huge mistake to make. On the bright side he will in fact help make up a full set of Knight figures when added to those I already have.

I had shown the first figures from this rare set nearly two years ago here within this topic. Those pictures feature the mounted knights. These are all original figures,and they are marked W GERMANY on the bases. The weapons were made short by design and none are broken so the knights lance is as when it was sold. A few have paint on them but that is not unusual as they were sold with that intention in mind. They are of course JEAN HOEFFLER, plastic toys. These are not valuable, but interestingly modern day re-casts come boxed and very expensive from the USA,which is further beefed up by huge shipping fees. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Apr 2017, 11:56

BRITAINS GREEKS & TROGANS EARLY 1970`s

After having many an adventure throughout thier playful years, these eventually came my way. I most certainly saved these from being split up and sold in smaller lots and so I present them here, a place long ago reserved entirely for toy figures.

One must remember the embossed shields bear no resemblance to those of antiquity, which is ok because they are bight eyed toys.

The classic archer pose I greatly admire.

These BRITAINS Toys made from the same 1958 mould used by BRITAINS & HARALD, have a peg on base. So I am very pleased to have both toy periods in the toy collection.
They are most welcome too. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Apr 2017, 23:20

:cowboy: "YA_HOO!"

IT`s WILD WEST TIME

:sst: " as you have never seen it before."

EPISODE 1

DOWN TO WATER : A LONG GALLOP FOR THIRSTY PLAYMOBIL TONGUES TO MAKE

Clear water at last .

When sorting out my collection I had forgotten how large it was.
This is a tester before I go upon my way.
So get popcorn and think big,because there is plenty more to come in EPISODE 2 . :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Apr 2017, 13:13

Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 19 Apr 2017, 21:13

I recognized the figures Paul! Good purchase! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by PhilC on 22 Apr 2017, 09:23

Hi Paul (and everyone :)) !

I love your post related to toy soldiers, it brings back good memories and it is always an occasion to learn new things.

Beano Boy wrote:Image

This fellow has an imposable shield arm pose, and he is a toy figure not a model from the early 1970`s however that is one huge mistake to make. On the bright side he will in fact help make up a full set of Knight figures when added to those I already have.

I had shown the first figures from this rare set nearly two years ago here within this topic. Those pictures feature the mounted knights. These are all original figures,and they are marked W GERMANY on the bases. The weapons were made short by design and none are broken so the knights lance is as when it was sold. A few have paint on them but that is not unusual as they were sold with that intention in mind. They are of course JEAN HOEFFLER, plastic toys. These are not valuable, but interestingly modern day re-casts come boxed and very expensive from the USA,which is further beefed up by huge shipping fees. BB

I particularly appreciated your post displaying Jean Höfler figures, because I knew the figures very well, but not the manufacturer! A few days after your post, I visited my mother in Orleans (Easter family feast), and I could excavate my own collection, and take pictures I would like to share today.

The lot: my brother and I began to paint them with enamel colors, the figures are as they were

A closer look, on the best painted figure

the horse knights

the foot knights and men-at-arms

Hope you like them :)

And I just added a post on my blog related to that subject: https://philotepsfigures.blogspot.fr/2017/04/a-small-trip-in-land-of-giants-episode.html
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 Apr 2017, 10:32

That is a fantastic toy figure collection, and well coupled up with your fond memories of long ago play.Thank you PhilC,for taking interest enough to comment, and add your own photographs. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 26 Apr 2017, 09:49

Beano Boy wrote:Image

This is the place to show this double sided Leaflet from 1964 showing the old English money price. BB

Oooh, how I drooled over pages like this early 70s! Had a few of the figures too. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery