Work in Progress

Germania ZULU war British infantry

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 05 Mar 2017, 22:31

Image Germania`s soon to be released second set of Zulu war British infantry, work in progress, Michael very kindly sent me the figures from the mould test to look at, they are stunning, the best Zulu war British for detail and character that I have had my hands on, a joy to paint, and cannot recommend them enough to any one interested in the period. The rest of the work on the diorama should take another week or so, more photo`s when finished.
zulu`s 1000`s of em  United Kingdom

Posted by Graeme on 06 Mar 2017, 12:07

Those are really good looking figures and the painting is terrific. I like the sun bleached dusty look of the tunics and the chaps with the grizzled beard and mutton chops. They look like real old sweats.

Great little camp scene in the making.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by N.Amstrad on 06 Mar 2017, 17:54

Thanks for showing and sharing with us Zulu's, they look top notch! Can't wait to see them for real! I hope Germania continue with the casual poses for this range as well as expanding to the opposition.
N.Amstrad  Canada

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 07 Mar 2017, 21:17

I am confident the range will expand, they are all so far terrific figures and quite unlike anything else available, there are lots of scope within the Zulu war, you only have to look at how William Britains 1/32 range has continued to grow to see the popularity of this little war. I am not short of idea`s either :-) , for other figures to expand the range for both the British and Zulu forces.

Posted by Taipeh on 10 Mar 2017, 11:03

Sorry for the delay of my answer.
In 2017 there will be a greater Project in Zulu War. Alan send me this drawing:
See this and make the decision to start the drawing as 3D Modell Project was a decision of some minutes. But it Needs time. So up to the end of the Year nearly all figure of the drawing will come in sets of 6 figure. But there will also come other figure to this conflict. Set number 3 is in the Moment in Progress, British Soldier filling and handling sand bags for building a fortification.
I hold you informed

Ciao Michael

www.germania-figuren.com
Taipeh  Germany

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 10 Mar 2017, 13:11

A bit of background to the painting , the artist Alphonse de Neuvelle, was a Victorian era artist, he spoke to as many of B company 24th foot as he could find including most of those who won their Victoria crosses at Rorkes drift, before starting the painting. The above painting is considered to be the most accurate painting of events even done. While not everything depicted happened simultaneously, everything depicted did happen, and the soldiers are portrayed in what they were wearing etc at the battle. For anyone interested in the Zulu war in general or the battle of Rorkes drift in particular the proposed sets are a dream come true, and if done with the same great detail and quality of the sets so far done by Germania we are going to be truly blessed , and I for one cannot thank Michael enough.

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by N.Amstrad on 12 Mar 2017, 17:20

Michael,
that is an interesting project and look forward to your progress. It will be great to see the wounded and their helpers along with ammunition distributors. You make 1st class figures! Bravo.
N.Amstrad  Canada

Posted by zulu`s 1000`s of em on 19 Mar 2017, 19:22

I have seen the masters for set three in this series , they look very good indeed. I however have slowly been painting set one, and will update with a photo when finished.

Posted by Peter on 25 Mar 2017, 22:45

They look fantastic! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Work in Progress