Work in Progress

Modern - Dingo 1 (Construction of the base) - DE

Posted by Hellboy on 12 Mar 2016, 20:03

Allschutz-Transport-Fahrzeug 'Dingo 1'

Some pictures of a recent project - construction of a Dingo 1 of Revell (no. 03142) and the design of the base by means of foam board (Kapa).

Reference images see Tankograd 'Militärfahrzeug Spezial Nr. 5036 (DE) - Dingo 1'.

Enjoy the pictures!

Your Hellboy

Link-Note: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_Dingo

Keywords: 1/72, Deutschland, Modern, Dingo 1, Allschutz-Transport-Fahrzeug (ATF) Dingo, Bundeswehr, Schaumkarton, Modellbau, Frank Krueger, 03/2016, Canon PowerShot G7 X, Corel Paint Shop Pro X

More libraries: http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/FKrueger/library/
Last edited by Peter on 03 Jan 2018, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed PB Links!
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Peter on 14 Mar 2016, 16:45

Interesting to see how you made the scenery! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Hellboy on 15 Mar 2016, 13:03

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your comment. You write always something to my publication, which makes me very happy!

But it looks as if my publications are not so popular here in the forum. Is it because of my poor English, the pictures or the descriptive text?

An example: In the diorama, I worked for the first time with foam board. I was hoping that someone has ideas on how I can make it better next time. However, nothing!?!?!?

Or someone has annoyed about me? I have no idea!?!?! :(

So again a thanks to you !!!

Best regards
Hellboy
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by mickey mouse on 15 Mar 2016, 13:17

Hellboy, Maybe you can add a roughpaste to the wall to create more realism to the wall, as the front looks very flatt to me. or mill/sand the part for the bricks a little bit and scribble the bricks on it to give it more depth.

To give you an example:

photo is not mine and 1:35 scale.
mickey mouse  Netherlands
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 15 Mar 2016, 14:33

Hellboy wrote:But it looks as if my publications are not so popular here in the forum. Is it because of my poor English, the pictures or the descriptive text? Or someone has annoyed about me? I have no idea!?!?!

Hi Hellboy,
Don't worry, nobody is annoyed by you or your work and your English is very good.

1.) This is forum about figures but you're more than welcome to post your vehicles as well. But having that in mind, most members are here to see figures and that might be the reason for lacking of comments.

2.) You got 5 likes and 2 comments (you can consider 1 like = 1 comment). I think that isn't too bad. With so many members our painting duels get barely 25 votes.

3.) You haven't asked for help how to work with foam board. So, most members won't give you that comment. They think you did a good job.

All in all, you did a good job and don't worry. Just keep posting your work so "silent" forum members can enjoy it :thumbup:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 15 Mar 2016, 18:24

Frank, Keep on posting mate. the likes and comments proofs that there are people interested in what you do! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Hellboy on 18 Mar 2016, 10:13

Thank you for the comments and advice.

mickey mouse, next weekend I start a new trial and I'll consider your tips. I am looking forward to this work. :-D

Thanks for the help!
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Hellboy on 22 Jan 2017, 19:28

After a very long break, a small update follows for this project. The base as well as the figure was primed with Primer by Vallejo.

https://www.dersockelshop.de/grundierungsspray-vallejo-primer-premium-grey-400ml_vallejo_va28011.html

The first colors were then applied with the airbrush. Now follow the painting with the brush.

Vehicle was 'contaminated' with sprinkler technology. A first attempt. Hope you like the result.

Have fun. :-D

Hellboy

Link-Note :

Information about the vehicle

http://www.kmweg.com/home/wheeled-vehicles/dingo-family-part-2/dingo-1/product-information.html (EN)

http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/bw_atf_2_dingo_1-a.htm (DE)

Information about the model

http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/RevellAG/AlMagnus_Revell_Dingo.htm (EN)

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Revell/Rev_ATF_Dingo/Rev_ATF_Dingo1.html (DE)

Information about the figure

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1392

Keywords for search engines: 1/72, Deutschland, Germany, Modern, Allschutz-Transport-Fahrzeug Dingo 1, Bundeswehr, German Army, Modellbau, Modelling, Revell 03142, Caesar H062 Modern German Army, Frank Krueger, 01/2017, photos were shot with Canon PowerShot G7 X, images were edit with Corel Paint Shop Pro X, picture hosted by Photobucket.com

More libraries:

http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/FKrueger/library/
Last edited by Peter on 03 Jan 2018, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 22 Jan 2017, 19:51

Hellboy wrote:
But it looks as if my publications are not so popular here in the forum. Is it because of my poor English, the pictures or the descriptive text?

I really don`t think so negative about your work or your English.
In my opinion there are a lot of people who watch this forum without be a member.
I like your pic, description and work.

I thought the same as you Hellboy about my Dio in comparison to several presented figures.

Kesko wrote:
1.) This is forum about figures but you're more than welcome to post your vehicles as well. But having that in mind, most members are here to see figures and that might be the reason for lacking of comments.

I think Kesko hit the nail. After a while I get to exactly the same solution.
And I think the feedback to all your Dio is above as just a welcome so far I saw.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 22 Jan 2017, 21:49

Wiking wrote:I really don`t think so negative about your work or your English.
In my opinion there are a lot of people who watch this forum without be a member.
I like your pic, description and work.

Me too! :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Carlos on 22 Jan 2017, 22:02

Excellent job and in the hig quality that hellboy use to work.
well, I dont think that a post with 994 views is not popular.
And I think the hellboy's album is very visted too.
Think that there ae many lurkers (till few time ago myself I was one) and people who visit the page and not only the hellboy works but all, may be dont wrote cause like hellboy (or myself) they think their english is not so good for comments.
This forum is international and if you make a search for almost anithing in 1/72 the bennos forum will be allways in the search, people came here to see for sure, but people dont write, that's all.
Think is no to feel sad or disapointed.
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Hellboy on 23 Jan 2017, 13:06

First of all many thanks for the Likes and the very nice comments from you! :-D I am glad you like the project. It's always a big multivitute for me!

The project 'Dingo 1' is now running again. For a while I was not convinced of it. I had on the topic temporarily not so really no desire. Almost a year break. Now the fun is back. Everything needs it's time! ;-)

My comment from 15.05.2016 was stupid in retrospect. :oops: However, I was really uncertain at the time, if my work liked anybody at all. Please remember that I had only worked for myself. To whom should I show the dioramas? Now I presented my works to an international audience. I call it 'stage fright'. A year later I see the already relaxed ... 8)

I hope it will not take another year until I can show you the next pictures. ;-)
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 24 Jan 2017, 18:55

That Dingo got some mud... I like it
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 25 Jan 2017, 01:46

Well I have never worked with that hard foam-board.
So this will be most interesting to see it all take shape.
What we usually get placed here is an end result, which is OK!
But some of use like to see the rough become the smooth,
and eventually the project at its close.
So Hellboy.you keep posting.
Than we can all share in having fun!
Your English, is A OK! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Hellboy on 08 Feb 2017, 20:53

And again a small update. The base is now painted. Some small details like foliage, grass, glass bottles, a drink crate and so on were attached. I hope you like it.

Now I am painting the figure. The skin parts were already painted with oil colors. Now I have to be patient. The oil colors must first dry thoroughly. Then it goes with acrylic colors to the clothes. Lets see how it goes....

Hellboy

Last edited by Peter on 03 Jan 2018, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Carlos on 08 Feb 2017, 22:55

Excellent work, very reallistic!!! and nice for the eyes.

How do you made these electric wires be suspended???
Carlos  Argentina

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Hellboy on 09 Feb 2017, 06:52

Carlos wrote:Excellent work, very reallistic!!! and nice for the eyes.

Carlos, thank you very much for your very friendly comment. I'm glad you liked the base. :-D

Carlos wrote:How do you made these electric wires be suspended???

The electrical wiring was made from 'waste' from Fuchs EloKa / ABC.

https://www.revell.de/produkte/modellbau/militaer-und-figuren/fahrzeuge-modern/id/03139.html

The material for the antennas is great. :yeah: The wire can be bent very well. But is stiff enough to hang so freely. Was really not planned. Was a test. Find it now very beautiful ....
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Peter on 13 Feb 2017, 18:37

Looks fantastic Frank! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 15 Feb 2017, 20:55

Yes, indeed!
MABO  Europe

Posted by Hellboy on 02 Apr 2017, 22:51

A final update follows for this project. The figure is painted. The name plate was attached to the wooden base. As a last step the vehicle as well as the figure were glued on. Finished!

Here is the link to the publication in the Gallery:
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20414

In the last picture you can see the individual work steps again. I hope you enjoyed the project.

Hellboy

Last edited by Peter on 03 Jan 2018, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Hellboy  Germany

Return to Work in Progress