Renaissance
WW2 (mid & late war: Europe)
ACW
Zulu Wars

You?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bramble15 on 07 Jan 2017, 00:40

I prefer Nappies and WWII but will try anything that seems cool.
Bramble15  United States of America

Posted by Wiking on 07 Jan 2017, 06:02

Bramble15 ask:
What periods do you do?

My focus in modelling is around the 20 to the middle of 40ies.
WWI (Only a few panes and the last one done fare more over ten years back.)
SCW (Only one Dio till now.)
WWII

In this time frame you can build people, house, vehicle with the most option of manufacturers.
The rise of mechanic, technique.
A time where people start in a Zeppelin fly across the ocean (DO-X) landing by jet power and see the start of the first rocket.

And a scifi Dio is in my longtime plan.
An due to the high quality amount of Napoleonic modelling in this Forum I start thinking to do one too.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 07 Jan 2017, 06:54

Oh, not Bramble ask. It was Ochion. :oops:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 07 Jan 2017, 13:42

Most of my collection is Napoleonic but I have few boxes of other periods.
I have almost none of ww2 or medieval figures.

EDIT: Now I saw that it is in wargaming section :oops: ... sorry. I'm not wargamer but collector and painter.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Jan 2017, 14:40

Kekso wrote:Most of my collection is Napoleonic but I have few boxes of other periods.
I have almost none of ww2 or medieval figures.

EDIT: Now I saw that it is in wargaming section :oops: ... sorry. I'm not wargamer but collector and painter.

well, I meant it as a wargaming question but I don't think it's a problem if dio makers/figure painters respond.

Always interesting to hear what people are doing.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ochoin on 14 Jan 2017, 05:23

My favourite period........and why.

I must admit my favourite period changes according to what I'm working on. At the moment it's Bronze Age/Biblical/Chariot Wars (call it what you will).

I like the period because of the history. It's about as Ancient as you can get. The pyramids. Mycenae & Troy. The Catastrophe that nearly wiped out civilisation.

Finding figures. No manufacturer makes everything so there's the joy of tracking down potential figures & of converting. I use several plastic manufacturers & three metal.

The rules we use (Field of Glory) are very tactical & you can gain much enjoyment from working out Cunning Plans to win (in my case, usually ending in failure & rout).

And chariots are just cool.

An earlier game. I plan to be better & bigger.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by sprinkles on 13 Feb 2017, 22:37

Im pretty much just a medieval and fantasy gamer but prefer a human setting and use history for inspiration. I also like the realism of historic rules as a base to work from and add fantastical elements too because it means the basic troops still act like their historic counterparts.
sprinkles  United Kingdom

Posted by Emperor on 13 Feb 2017, 22:59

I begun with Napoleonic figures. I changed periods multiple times. WW1, Medieval, XIX century, so now I decided that I am going to make dioramas without any complicated base and terrain just something symbolic since I am tired of Styrofoam and cutting it, next what I am going to buy are some Italeri Romans and put them on nice flat surface over which I will put some static grass and after that maybe I do some Revell WW1 Western front 1 35 scale figures...
Emperor  

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 22 Apr 2017, 13:02

So what do I do?? Mainly Nappies and WWII at the moment. From time to time I paint ACW (Black Powder) and Ancients (DBA).
At the moment I do work on new stuff for my Wild West City.
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by deon on 04 Jun 2017, 18:19

I am very poor at focusing my efforts. It would be easier to say which periods i do not wargame. I have something of almost everything from Devonian sea-life to near future and sci-fi.
Currently I am focusing on naval fleets -( Modern , WW2 , Russo-Japanese, Sino-Japanese, ACW, Napoleonic, South American Wars of Liberation and Punic Wars) In 20mm I am doing fictional Napoleonics and WW2 French African Goumiers. Variety is the spice of life but now i have indigestion :)
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by Xantippos on 05 Sep 2017, 20:09

I'll reply with the only I don't; XVI and XVII century, basically when there was pike formations and arquebusiers,between medieval and napoleonic, roughly 1450-1650. The period of the 30 years and all this.

But now I am growing attracted to it, and someday I will fall to it.Basically because I am at the point of exhausting interesting soldiers of other eras. Now I am deep into ancient-medieval, everything before 1450, and I have few interesting sets that I don't have yet.

I both collect, wargame and paint.
Xantippos  

Return to General Wargaming