General

2017 wishlist

Posted by giorgio on 06 Jan 2017, 13:28

I know this is not a subject of interest for many of you, but I noticed the nearly lack of modern Near East military (post WW2, from 1960 onward, egyptians, iraqi, iranians, syrians, north africans, pakistani...) or generic russian weapons equipped military (africans, indians...), or militians or western weapons equipped contractors/mercenary. Just Orion and Caesar made something. But not enough for me. I think they would be joker sets, useful in really many contexts for half a century!
giorgio  Italy

Posted by Kekso on 06 Jan 2017, 13:32

I don't have special wishlist. I just want to buy some sets that are already on the market. But I like this topic very much. I hope to see many replies.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by zirrian on 06 Jan 2017, 14:07

My wish list is:
Ancients:
- Gallic cavalry with a decent number of poses, both heavy and light cavalry
- Gallic ranged troops - javelinners, archers, slingers

Medievals:
- mounted sergeants for the Hundred Years War and the Third Crusade
- infantry and knights for the Third Crusade (or if not a new set, some Strelets reissues)
- French and Scottish troops from Strelets
- Samurais from RedBox (lots of ashigaru, but no samurai?), both foot and mounted

Horse&Musket:
- HaT to release some AWI miniatures

Napoleonics:
- HaT to FINALLY release their Peninsular Dragoons, also Spanish artillery and cavalry
- decent and available mounted Chasseurs (can't find either the Italeri or HaT ones >:( )

WW1:
- some bloody late war British footsloggers - only ones on the market are the Emhar ones with not nearly enough poses (and some of them are either weird or crap - why is one pose two heads shorter than another?)
- late war German infantry that are NOT stormtroopers
- affordable and wargame-friendly tanks

WW2:
- some assault Commandos...I'd love them
- good Hungarians with support weapons
- PSC to release anything that's not WW2 Germans - where are the bloody British heavy weapons?
- HaT to make standard infantry (I guess they hate doing normal infantry stuff, lots of support and heavy weapon boxes, but nothing for the PBI) - either this or the PSC wish :P

Cold War:
- British infantry with SLRs and helmets
- Argentinians
- Mujahideen support weapons from Ultima Ratio (pretty please?)
- a box of North Vietnamese and a box of Viet-Cong
- Aussies in Vietnam

Modern:
- Iraqi insurgent support weapons (recoilless rifles, DhSK machine guns, something like these)
- a modern US box that has enough bloody M249s for a platoon, and NOT in prone position (looking at you Caesar, looking at you angrily)
- generally boxes that follow the official TO&E with some extras (organic assets like machine gun teams and anti-tank/anti-air teams)

Other than that...some scifi figures would be nice :D
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by Wiking on 06 Jan 2017, 14:29

2017 wishlist
Nice idea giorgio.

I have a dream ...

Civil:
A: Civil people for the 1930/40 period, refugees in wither cloths. The lonely Preiser set makes no long track.
B: Kids playing in the street for this period in summer cloth.

Military:
WWII
D: French early war soldier, tanker
E: US tankers
F: Indian soldier
G: Polish soldier ,tanker early war
H: British tanker, dessert
I: Japanese soldier
K: Fleeing soldier all kind of.

And please all in non combat poses !!!
Except K.
I wish pose like: Brush the teeth, eat an apple, clean his glasses, do the toilet, try to catch an animal (duck or pig for example ) clean his nose, drunken walking. Here is your idea. Soldier as civil people.
In worn out and lazy wear clothes.
For A-K a photo etched set with glasses.

And on top all in hard plastic and multipose in good quality please.

:wave:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Peter on 06 Jan 2017, 14:53

The Hat colonial wagons! That they finally come on the market! ;-)

@Erik: where is "C"? Special wish maybe???? :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Wiking on 06 Jan 2017, 14:59

C: causality, all of them.
:oops:
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 06 Jan 2017, 15:01

@Tamas, that is one "modest" wishlist. And Wiking isn't far form that too :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Chariobaude on 06 Jan 2017, 15:05

what a great idea, Giorgio! :yeah:

Concerning my wishes, they are obviously all about late roman era, if possible during Vth century, when roman/barbarian armies where not so different :mrgreen:

- a roman command set, with high rank officers (believe it or not, no manufacturer made it!!)

- palatina cavalry, heavy and very fancy cavalry (come on Italeri, we're still waiting !)

- foederati : barbarians in roman service. Barbarians who are NOT half-naked or with clothes in fashion...Two centuries before. Franks, Alamani... the existing sets from Hät are just horrible.

- Bacaudae/circellions : Roman rebels. Strong rebellions occurred in Gaul, Spain (Bacaudae) or Africa (Circellions), pretty similar to later french "jacqueries" : peasants broken, escaped slaves, deserters, tax avoiders, thiefs merged in "guerrillas" sometimes so dangerous that the army had to be sent against, with real battles. A gothic general in roman service, Saurus, has even been ransomed with its army by bacaudae passing the alps !

- romano-brittons. Strangely, it is largely covered in 28mm scale, but not in 1/72.

civilians of any kind are more than welcome. roman clothing is very different from previous centuries...

And, as said by Wiking, not only combat poses !

PS : i know that none of this will ever be made, just let me dream ! :-)
Chariobaude  France

Posted by zirrian on 06 Jan 2017, 16:43

Kekso wrote:@Tamas, that is one "modest" wishlist. And Wiking isn't far form that too :xd:

Well, to achieve one's goals, one need to realize what's missing to reach them.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by PDA on 07 Jan 2017, 05:07

Hasn't changed much: http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19810
Except, maybe now I'd add on some decent Boer War sets, both sides, and some decent Mexican Revolution/Civil War sets, all sides.
PDA  England

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jan 2017, 05:51

A couple of companies are releasing some Napoleonics that are right down my street so, happy there for a while.

My most wanted for new sets also hasn't changed from the last wish list thread:

More figures for the Jacobite rebellion. British Dragoons and Royal Artillery and rag tag Jacobite cavalry and artillery.

Then there's always more Napoleonics that can be made. British limbers, RN boats crews with boats. More Spaniards, Portugese, Ottomans maybe.

To finish some of the projects that have been sitting in front of me for TOO long (yes I know there's an obvious solution to this one)

To type this post, submit it to the forum and NOT find out that my wireless internet connection has dropped out.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Ray.Caruana on 07 Jan 2017, 11:07

Being from Malta, I wish to see some late period Order of St. John knights and civilians (from the same period) offered, without always having to turn to converting conquistadors and/or English civil war figures.

I also wish to see some hundred years war figures in metal and resin, not only in plastic.
Ray.Caruana  Malta

Posted by guilhem on 07 Jan 2017, 13:04

if you want civilian: retrokit France produce 2 set of civilian
if you want french 1940 soldiers I produce one
for the tanker also
if you want modern arab soldiers : I produce 2 set for the 1970-2003 years
and for the 2012-2016 years
guilhem  France

Posted by Zed1 on 07 Jan 2017, 13:21

giorgio wrote:I know this is not a subject of interest for many of you, but I noticed the nearly lack of modern Near East military (post WW2, from 1960 onward, egyptians, iraqi, iranians, syrians, north africans, pakistani...) or generic russian weapons equipped military (africans, indians...), or militians or western weapons equipped contractors/mercenary. Just Orion and Caesar made something. But not enough for me. I think they would be joker sets, useful in really many contexts for half a century!

If you look for modern Russian troops, civilian-related stuff or Arab militias, you should have a look at Alex' range of figures. Not cheap, but worth it's price and certainly top-class stuff. http://www.alexminiatures.com/production
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Zed1 on 07 Jan 2017, 13:32

As a Napoleonics fan, I would like to see more alternative poses that go away from the classic March-Fireline-Command-concept. Might be a great deal for the usual day-to-day business on big dioramas and wargamer tables, but it gets boring for those who want to paint and show all the other aspects - the 'little war', so to say.

For example more sneaking poses for light infantry or especially riflemen/jager troops.
Infantry in house-to-house battle, bashing against doors, shooting up- or downward.
Infantry in close-hand-battle, fighting with bajonet, slashing their muskets, using their sabres.
Dragoons firing their firearms, mounted or dismounted. Dragoons on foot performing fire support or close-hand-battle.
Hussars in skirmishing or scouting poses.

Cavalry on the march! Most cavalry sets contain figures that are either in full charge or just standing. If you want to create a larger formation of cavalry that is simply on the move from A to B in low speed, it's hard to find suitable figures, especially in plastic.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 07 Jan 2017, 13:36

Zed1 wrote: Hussars in skirmishing or scouting poses.

Splendid idea. I would like to see/have those too :drool:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jan 2017, 14:30

Zed1 wrote: more sneaking poses for light infantry or especially riflemen/jager troops.

Another splendid idea, even for dioramas and wargame skirmish stands.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Ray.Caruana on 07 Jan 2017, 14:43

...and yes, I forgot to mention, a set of spare/replacement naked heads (preferably metal and/or resin) with different facial expressions. Does anybody do them? Because I never came across any except helmets.
Ray.Caruana  Malta

Posted by Wiking on 07 Jan 2017, 15:51

Zed1 wrote:
As a Napoleonics fan, I would like to see more alternative poses that go away from the classic March-Fireline-Command-concept.

Well described Zed1.
:thumbup:
As similar I do some posts above about WW II soldier.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by tom s on 07 Jan 2017, 16:43

6th century goths and lombards,especially cavalry.
would also fill in nicely for riders of rohan.
tom s  United States of America

Next page

Return to General