Tutorials

Fastest method on removing paint from 1 72 scale figure

Posted by Emperor on 02 Jan 2017, 22:17

Removing paint from 1 72 scale figures have been a subject of many debates both here on forum and on internet modelar community. What is the best method to remove paint? What is the fastest? Well look no further because here is the answer to all your problems. The fastest, cleanest method to remove paint just in mater of seconds. The best method to remove the paint from figures is this http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vMwAAOSwg ... s-l300.jpg
The absolute champion in removing paint from one or more figures. All you have to do is take a peace of yellow part, or blue one (yellow is better because is sticky) press it onto figure and pull the yellow part. The paint will stick for the yellow and peal off in seconds. In just 5 to 10 seconds you can remove entire paint without waiting and the figure is exactly it was before painting. :-D
Emperor  

Posted by Wiking on 02 Jan 2017, 23:05

Empreror wrote:
In just 5 to 10 seconds you can remove entire paint without waiting and the figure is exactly it was before painting. :-D

Thank you for these info.

A fountain of youth for 1/72 figures.
Do you know a formula for 1:1 scale?
Wiking  Germany

Posted by FredG on 02 Jan 2017, 23:36

Wiking wrote:A fountain of youth for 1/72 figures.
Do you know a formula for 1:1 scale?

Perhaps we could crowdfund a formulae, only €1000.00 a wrinkle.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Emperor on 03 Jan 2017, 11:53

@Wiking- Yes I do know. Do what makes you happy and don't do anything that makes you unhappy. In our case buy lots of figures and other stuff. This way my great grandmother lived up to her 99 since she was born in 1913 and she would be a alive even today if she didn't broke her hip by accident. (She didn't painted figures)
Emperor  

Posted by Peter on 03 Jan 2017, 13:36

Wiking wrote:Do you know a formula for 1:1 scale?

Do you have a special hobby where we don't know about? I would like to see some pictures from these 1:1 scale figures! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 03 Jan 2017, 16:18

Now I didn't looked that way Peter that Wiking has another hobby and that he is suggesting us something. I thought it was more of a joke, but I am curious also. If he has some real size soldier statue that I would like to see.
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wiking on 03 Jan 2017, 18:56

Peter wrote:
Do you have a special hobby where we don't know about?
I would like to see some pictures from these 1:1 scale figures! :-D

I get both pre -paint.
The material is : Very high flexible
and the red white one now 1/3 bigger managed to turn my Christmas tree by 90°. :mad:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Peter on 03 Jan 2017, 23:07

I see the one on the left is still in a basecoat! When are you gonna paint it? :mrgreen:

A Christmas tree destroyer? You should give that lovely cat some toy soldiers. It will never happen again! :-D :joker:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by FredG on 04 Jan 2017, 00:36

If the black one paints a cross on your path it's not lucky
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Emperor on 04 Jan 2017, 17:52

Wiking- I have one digimon too, and one pokemon too as well. :-D Image
The dog is outside and he can do what he wants, since we have no fence and some guys sabotaging us in building it, but ,,the cat is in the house'' and he likes to give us job of cleaning his mess. He also likes to ,,play with Christmas tree'' so we have cut off branches of the fake Christmas tree and we fixed it to wall. He has very elegant fur and the little guy was decided to be our pet cat when he came so he found his way into the house by night. He also was in life danger once in 2014 but we saved him. Since than he is enjoying himself but some times at night he wants to go out.
Emperor  

Posted by Emperor on 04 Jan 2017, 18:00

@FredG- In my case black cats are good luck and chimney sweaper is a bad luck. I met one chimney sweaper in 2012 and at end of that year it was really bad luck. But when last year in 2016 I had this pain in jaw for a week, and one day a black cat cross my road and my jaw pain was gone. Than every time I had to go to dentist to fix teeth I had black cat cross my road and the fixing of teeth was pain free. Also in Japan black cat is a good sighn.
Emperor  

Posted by Wiking on 04 Jan 2017, 18:36

Hi Emperor,
Unexpected but very nice comment from you due to the title.
Lovely animals. Cat and dog side by side!

Emperor wrote:
... and he likes to give us job of cleaning his mess.

Why, oh why these words sound so common to me?

Emperor wrote:
He also was in life danger once in 2014 but we saved him.

:love1:

@FredG
There was several color options but I want as Peter mentioned the base colored one.
I read your comment for :-D .
And instead of my red white hose lion she do her job and catch the mouses!
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 04 Jan 2017, 18:40

Please replace mice for the wrong - mouses. sorry.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Jan 2017, 22:14

Some of my figures are made of that green stuff,and It is not cheap to buy.
I guess I am the only one ever to get blisters combining the two parts together.
It is a good idea for removing paint especially on period piece plastic figures no longer available on the market place.
I collect toy figures from bygone years,as most know on the Forum,and I wonder if it will remove paint from hollow metal ( lead ) soldiers from post WWI period.That 95 yearold paint has been impossible to remove I guess because of lead content in the makeup of it. I usually over paint it in the restoration process in toy soldier style.
Green stuff, might pull a leg, or an arm or a head off,so its a bit risky to use it.

A good idea. Emperor. :thumbup:
By the way I cannot open your e-mail you sent.
I`m glad your cat survived its ordeal.BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Jan 2017, 22:16

I love your dog. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by FredG on 04 Jan 2017, 22:20

Our first cat was a base undercoat grey. She trained me very very well to catch mice. I still got the impression she thought I could do better as she kept bringing the live ones in.
FredG  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Emperor on 04 Jan 2017, 23:38

@Beano Boy- You do? That's nice...I also forgot to mention that this cat is probably British, we first tought it is French race Cartreux, but that we changed our mind since he is like Teddy Bear has soft fur just like British short haired cat. And he acts as sedative in our family. And he made discipline. Before he showed up, my dad and mom had nasty habit of putting their coats and jacket over chair of desk in living room. Then this little guy shows up and force them to stop putting jackets and coats over chairs. Not to mention his healing skills when he comes in room of my parents and sits on stomach of my mom who than had stomach pains. Also he warmed my legs during April of 2015 when some lymph nods under my arm got larger. I thought I was goner that they are going to connect me again on bottle of red, but this guy came to me every night and was lying near me and I soon recovered. Now about the dog, he is 10 years old, he is a great dog, he didn't liked cats but made friends with the cat. And they like to play around the house. The dog is brave and tough only he had a nasty habit of chasing female dogs and there is so many children he had I can not even count anymore. One was special but he passed away during flood crisis in May 2014. I was sad than but cat mad me happy. They both were under same circumstance, both in good health and then both times I had to go to doctor and when I came back both were ill. Only cat survived but pup didn't. Also I don't even know what things dog does when I am not at home. He once went with some kids during snow and he liked to slide from hill on the snow. He did that with us also.
Emperor  

Posted by Emperor on 05 Jan 2017, 00:27

I forgot to mention that we all cried when cat was ill and we stood up all night to give him infusion. He was lying in his little bed not moving, but in the morning he was all better.
Emperor  

Posted by Peter on 05 Jan 2017, 18:05

I see we all love our pets! We have a cat. White with black dots! I was a bit lazy when I was painting her! ;-) :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 05 Jan 2017, 18:30

The cats name is Lee short for Lilington, we first thought he was a girl cat so we first called him Lilly. The dogs name is Teki short for Tequila. I liked that Italian TV show about detective Bonetti and his dog Tequila and it was airing in 2005, and since my mom is inspector in police I named him Tequila. Lee got his name from The Liningtons since my sister like them and she found him (he stuck with his claws to her jeans and would not let go). Lee is also afraid of little kids. When he hears them he hides under the bed.
Emperor  

Next page

Return to Tutorials