Visited Events

Dioramica 2016

Posted by Koppi on 23 Nov 2016, 21:59

Last weekend there was a great show in Germany. A special 1/72 Diorama weekend with lot of presentations.
See the fantastic dioramas and gaming tables and have fun with the pictures.
Text in german an english.

http://thrifles.blogspot.de/2016/11/dio ... h-die.html

Koppi  

Posted by Kekso on 24 Nov 2016, 08:51

There is already topic with the same name. To me this looks like advertising of your blog :(
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 24 Nov 2016, 17:19

Kekso wrote:There is already topic with the same name. To me this looks like advertising of your blog :(

In this case I understand it Dalibor! There are 160 photos on his blog post. Worth a look as I may say! ;-)

What we can do is past this post in the other topic. Koppi do you agree?
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Cryns on 24 Nov 2016, 19:17

Please Kekso and Peter treat Koppi well.
Until now he was the only one showing some free publicity for FIGZ and Benno's Forum (zoom in to the left bottom of this picture.) :xd:

Koppi thank you so much for posting so many pictures of the two tables for which my wife and I needed 13 hours to build up and 6 to break them down again. :drool:
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Koppi on 24 Nov 2016, 23:42

Hi Kekso,

no problem with that.
But very interesting: Different modalities in different countries. Here in Germany it is often called highjacking of the original post, if you post a link of your own writings in another topic.
Here the moderators don't like that.
Because of that I always open a new topic in the forums.
In all relevant forums, the same style.
In this special case Thomas Mischak is a collectors friend and we know us personally. ;-)
So there is no problem. Not for me, and not for Thomas.
If here at Benno's forum it is better to post a link in a discussion - see my article to Crisis, there is also another existing post that I detected later - and not in a separate thread I will do it in the future.
Advertsising for my BLOG??? Maybe. :-D But until today, I have thought that some readers are interested in my writings and pictures.
If I have disturbed the forums rules, than sorry about that.
Koppi  

Posted by Koppi on 24 Nov 2016, 23:47

Hi Mr. Cryns,

thanks about your replies. It's terrible that we don't met at Crisis and not in Hann.-Münden.
Your Dios are sooooooooooooo outstanding. I really like them.
And yes, I know your feelings: It was so sad last year to destroy our mass diorama in the Bomann Museum in Celle. Terrible.
Koppi  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 25 Nov 2016, 09:39

As a moderator I have nothing against links to blogs in any way. So feel free to do it in the future as well. My point is that if every member that visited Dioramica starts new topic about it it would be a mess. Starting new topic with pictures and impressions of Dioramica while one already exists is pointless in my opinion.

I have nothing against Dioramica as well (if someone might think like that). I think it is great event and I thank ALL of you who posted comments, links and pictures about it.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by GumSmith on 25 Nov 2016, 10:01

Hi Koppi,
what we do in another modelling forum is we have the rule of five to ten pics and some words about event for e.g. (it`s just paste and copy) and then you can link.
It`s "state of the art" for many user even in Forum galleries just to show one or two pics, often without any text and a link.
Something like "This is my new diorama/Figure/kit", one picture and "Many more pics and info you find on my blog/hp". This tastes like advertising.
That is not what i think a forum gallery is made for (and the same with event pics, wip etc.).
A forum is a place to talk about what you see, to her what others think about my work, exchange ideas, ask questions about things shown. And it is quite unlucky to talk about pictures here, when they are shown elsewhere.
A Forum is not only an advertising panel, ist`s a place to meet, change thoughts and opinions.

Cheers Oke
GumSmith  Germany

Posted by Cryns on 25 Nov 2016, 13:06

GumSmith, I would agree with you if Koppi was posting a link with only his own work in it. But Koppi is not showing his own work. He is showing our common work. It involves many of us. Its not a Koppi ego trip at all. What he shows is not only his own fascination, its also a social contribution.

Kekso wrote:My point is that if every member that visited Dioramica starts new topic about it it would be a mess.

:yeah: I think everybody agrees with you Kekso. (no irony today!) Different topics with similar names and subjects create confusion in which we can't find specific reply's back anymore and this also makes us miss other reply's that might be even more interesting to us. So please please no parallel topics anymore.

And this also counts for Wolfgang Meyers contribution from last night too: Review Dioramica. Thats no. 4 :xd:

Dear moderators, please bring all of these topics together in one thread (also the upcoming events topic, starting to be VISITED EVENT with Roland Kupski and Stenfalk reviewing the event after being there and all that comes after it) so we get a complete online 'book' including all links to other websites about this unique, legendary gathering called Dioramica 2016.
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by GumSmith on 25 Nov 2016, 14:44

Hi Mr.Cryns,
looks like a kind of misunderstanding. I`m not talking about Koppis ego - i can`t do it at all, because i don`t know him. At all, i don`t think he is doing this for his ego.
I´m talking about forums - a forum is a place to communicate. And threads like this get`s common more and more in several forums within the last 2 - 3 years. And i`m talking about that threads like this stop communication.

cheers Oke
GumSmith  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 25 Nov 2016, 16:17

Gumsmith wrote:
It`s "state of the art" for many user even in Forum galleries just to show one or two pics, often without any text and a link.

You touch an interesting point.
I am a member now over one year in these friendly Forum. I show several Dio in the beginning with text.
The feedback was lower for my text. More to the pic.

I learned give a good amount of pic.

(Gumsmith wrote: ...of five to ten pics ... .
I stay with you!)
And wait for the commend of the member. If there is a question I try to answer it as good as possible with my English.
Sometimes people see, described things in a different way as I expected. :yeah:

Sorry it is a bit off topic to Dioramica. :oops:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Peter on 25 Nov 2016, 19:47

Mr. Cryns wrote:Dear moderators, please bring all of these topics together in one thread (also the upcoming events topic, starting to be VISITED EVENT with Roland Kupski and Stenfalk reviewing the event after being there and all that comes after it) so we get a complete online 'book' including all links to other websites about this unique, legendary gathering called Dioramica 2016.

As written in one of the other topics of Dioramica, it would become a mess because all the comments will appear on the date and time they were posted! They will mix up to say it simple!

I would like to say about the bloggers on this forum, like myself. On our blog we can post a lot of pictures in one go, no need of brackets and so on. When we have posted our pictures there we can copy the codes of the pictures and post the here one by one. That's why I always post a couple of pictures here and give a link to the blog post so you see the other ones to. It's free to do that, and no obligation.
In this case, 160 pictures, it would take Koppi a whole lot of time to copy them and place them here. As said before I can understand and live with it. Just go and have look at that blog post and you will also understand what I mean. And no I'm not advertising his blog! I have my own! Oeps I almost posted a link to it! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 25 Nov 2016, 21:28

This will be among 5 top priorities to visit next year...
Emperor  

Posted by Koppi on 25 Nov 2016, 23:36

Hi,

I've crashed the forum. ;-)))))))) :drool:
First of all: Feel free to combine my post with others. No problem, if you want.
Second: At the moment I write different articles about museums, shows, history etc. Here, at Benno's figures, I only show my articles, which - in my opinion - could be interesting for the members. So I try to focus on special points.
Third: The reply on discussions in this forum is difficult for me. Normally I use my tablet (Android) for surfing (90% usage). I CANNOT use the reply function!!! Here at my computer, there is no problem. But it isn't possible on my tablet.
Normally I'm only a reader, despite the fact, that I'm in the forum since 2010.
So I'm not angry, if you delete in the future topics, that do not correspondend with the forum rules.
But I hope, that the majority of you like my pictures, maybe also my articles.

Cheers

Koppi
Koppi  

Posted by Kekso on 26 Nov 2016, 07:18

Koppi. You didn't broke any forum rules.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Cryns on 26 Nov 2016, 09:44

Hey man, don't worry Koppi, no problem.
Cryns  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Visited Events