Visited Events

CRISIS 2016 Antwerp Nov 05th!

Posted by Cryns on 06 Nov 2016, 18:50

November 4th Mr. Bos and Mr. Cryns arrived in Antwerp in a crammed, fully stuffed car to build up the Batavian Revolt 69-70 AD DBMM game.

Four hours later, in a cold, windy and almost empty harbour building (only commercial traders were building up at this moment) we were still trying to get our landscape and scenery in shape. We destroyed dozens of needles that did not want to pierce our glue and paint hardened tablecloth and underlying materials.

Next morning the first familiar looking face was Dad who deliverd some promotion material for FIGZ 2017. Now it felt like we were real Benno's Figures Forum promoting gamers.

Soon after, Dykio and Peter appeared, followed by Wolfgang Meyer and Fredericus Rex. Someone I did not expect was Konrad who was in company of his charming Miss Konrad. Now you guys must know Mr. Bos and Konrad share the same fascination: painting as much Strelets Romans as possible. So they started to discuss the color of Roman tunica's right away:

45 minutes later they were still discussing the color of Roman tunica's, which surprised me because for all spectators it will be clear both of them prefer exactly the same colors :eh:

By high noon it was pretty crowded around us all the time:

This is what the spectators preferred to photograph:
An ancient German village guarded by some Roman Limes towers:

The scratch build Roman camp and iron wire&paper tents by Mr. Bos:

A Roman fortress that I build in 1986, occupied by Roman-Batavian deserters and supplied by captured riverboats:

Roman siege artillery by Mr. Bos trying to get the Batavians out of that fortress:

Some of his excellent painted Roman commanders and bodyguards:

An old hillfort occupied by German allied tribes:

The Roman bagage train run over by German cavalry:

And very popular by the female visitors of Crisis was the German Wagon Camp with lots of Wild West civilians converted to Ancient Germanic families:

Suddenly MABO showed up together with an old young friend of ours: MABO Junior. When MABO went shopping, MABO Junior joined us to help me beating the Romans. Mr. Bos explained him some of the basic rules:

One hour later:
MABO Junior: 'I just lost 16 Germans in a fight.'
Mr.Bos: 'Don't worry, there will allways be plenty of Germans everywhere.' :mrgreen:

Every time MABO came back to our table, MABO junior asked him to go shopping again.

Another hour later:
MABO: 'And now we realy must go home, junior.'
Mr. Bos: 'There is still 550 Romans left on the table.'
MABO Junior: 'In the past two hours I routed 48 of them. How much time to route the rest?'
MABO: :mad: :neutral:

Thats it for this moment concerning the Batavian Revolt. There was so much more to see.

Next to our table was Militia Brabantia, some old friends of mine. They had a great game depicting Samnites luring Republican Romans in an ambush and some converted figures throwing rocks down on them, all in 25mm.

This Roman guy grabbing his head was not the only one losing all his money in one day:

A group called Heavy Brigade from Flandres were another neighbour of us so that felt like an Ancients Colony at Crisis. They had great masses of 20mm Eburones, commanded by Ambiorix, luring another Roman legion into an ambush. I don't have to tell you guys what companies these figures are from.

But apart from these well known figures, they had made some remarkable scratch build specials, like this ballista:

This giant stonethrower:

and this Celtic fire wagon melting the Esci's plastic Romans.

Finally a picture from Alde Garde, two gentlemen from Venlo. Every year they show up with completely new armies and sceneries, always depicting research based historic events in the Netherlands. This time early Renaissance battle between Habsburg and Gelre taking place in Northern Limburg around 1510.

Well I had a great day. I want to thank all members of Benno's Forum visiting our table for their nice company. And most of all thank Tin Soldiers of Antwerp for organising this great event.

I hope some more of you made some pictures to post here.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 06 Nov 2016, 20:50

Both tables are impressive!
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Dad's Army on 06 Nov 2016, 21:37

Nice report Mr. Cryns, the fun part of Konrad vs Mr. Bos and Mabo vs Soehnke made me laugh a lot.
I admire your work of landscaping as well as the Roman figures of mr. Bos.
It was nice to meet you both.

I was lucky to meet other members as well: Konrad (and wife), Mabo (Jan) and Soehnke, Peter, Markus, Wolfgang, Dykio and Pietje Puk. It was the first time to meet Pietje Puck (Pieter) and the second time to meet Poky (can't remember the first time, I am really getting old). Also seen our friends from Fredericus Rex (Conny and Petra), Michael Cremerius and Schilling as well, cool to see you all!!!!

I didn't buy much, 3 bottles of paint, a brush and a cool figure of Lucky Luke with his dog Rataplan.
Of course got the Crisis special figure as well, so didn't came home empty handed.

Also had a nice chat with Berthold Tacke about Lingen, must see to get some forum members to make a BFF/FIGZ promotion stand there, the biggest problem is the 2 day fair in may....

It was a nice day and long day, looking forward to crisis 2017!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Alex on 06 Nov 2016, 22:12

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Excellent show "We, in Russia this is not, unfortunately.
And your exposure just beautiful. :yeah: :yeah:
Also nice to see your face. It is remarkable that Jan brought his son, or some gray heads will soon be in our hobby. :( :(
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by MABO on 06 Nov 2016, 22:19

As you can imagine, it was a great day for Söhnke and me as well. I had prepared my visit well and got some great sets. And I also completed a big deal with Peter - we both collecting 2€ coins and he has some great ones for me. Söhnke was very lucky because Conny (Fredericus Rex) was so gentil to give him a phantastic set for free an his father bought him a set of Gostbusters (he has seen the movie just one week before).

from crooked dice

It was great to see friends and traders. Michael Cremerius and Jörg Schilling had some time to chat as well for example. For me it was the best Crisis so far, I think. The only one missing was my wife, but she has a good and quiet time as well in the city of Antwerp. AndI have found this figure of a blond hair woman - from crooked dice as well - that reminds me of her.

And finally I also got my 25pdr.gun from the growdfunding project from Plastic Soldier Company. Also very friendly guys - like all the british traders (e.g. Sgt's Mess and Early War Miniatures)

EWM presented some very fine conversion sets for the Armourfast range and at Sgt's Mess I have bought some parts of their http://www.sgtsmess.co.uk/modifications/goodies-for-mechanicals.html?limit=30&mode=grid Goodies For Mechanicals range to make my vehicles look more alive.

As Remco said: I am looking forward to the next Crisis in 2017 :yeah:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Dad's Army on 06 Nov 2016, 22:22

Alex, I didn't bring my son...
are you angry now :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Alex on 06 Nov 2016, 22:26

Yes, a pity that Benno was absent. But he had a good reason, I think ..
I have nowhere else in the room could not see the elevation (the platform) to the throne, so he could take their rightful place. :-D
Alex  Russia

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Nov 2016, 09:01

Sounds like it was great fun! Great report and very nice pics Mr. Cryns!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Cryns on 07 Nov 2016, 10:45

Dad's Army wrote:Poky

Dad, was Poky there too? Its a pity I did not meet him. :( I wanted to meet him.
This means I have to drive to Zwolle soon.

Alex wrote:Also nice to see your face.

Alex I am sorry but that is not me, that's a jolly Englishmen drinking his first Belgian beer. I was behind the camera all the time. But I will send you my real face soon.

MABO wrote:I have found this figure of a blond hair woman - from crooked dice as well - that reminds me of her.

Your wife looks much better than this crooked lady. ;-)
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 07 Nov 2016, 20:04

I was happy to meet a lot of members again at this meeting! And to see some new faces to! Pity I didn't meet Dykio and Poky!

Members I've met:
- Remco
- Jan
- Söhnke
- Konrad (and his lovely lady!)
- Conny and Petra
- Michael and his (another!) lovely lady
- Jorg and Ulrike
- Wolfgang
- Markus
- Mr Cryns
- Mr Bos
- Pieter (it was nice meeting you for the first time)

I hope I didn't forget someone!

I also bought some things, most of it figures in the right scale, but that will be for another time and another section. ;-)

It was a great day! And I did a lot of talking and shopping! ;-) :-D

PS: I moved a lot of posts to this topic in the visited events section! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 07 Nov 2016, 21:06

Looks like I made some pictures:

Members that can be seen on the pictures: Remco, Konrad and his lady, Jan and Söhnke, Mr Cryns, Wolfgang and Conny! ;-)

What are those two men with white hair thinking here? :eh:

Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Nov 2016, 08:40

Great pics! I really don't know if I want to know what they think!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Cryns on 08 Nov 2016, 11:24

Peter thanks for your pictures. Now the one still missing in the pics is you.
Who photographed Peter? :camera:
And I am sorry for messing up this item by posting the report in the 'coming up events' section. :oops: :oops: :oops:
It was correct to move it all to 'visited events' but now we lost some likes and its clear you (or another driven moderator) did his best to replace them. Thanks for that. :yeah:
Cryns  Netherlands

Posted by Wolfgang Meyer on 08 Nov 2016, 20:49

It also made me very happy to see you all. There were good conversations with you.

Maybe we have the opportunity and make the FIGZ in our diorama museum in Hann. Münden, Germany. :mrgreen:

Best regards,

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Meyer  Germany

Posted by Dad's Army on 09 Nov 2016, 07:06

Mr. Cryns wrote:Dad, was Poky there too? Its a pity I did not meet him. :( I wanted to meet him.
This means I have to drive to Zwolle soon.

No my mistake, it was Dykio :oops:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 10 Nov 2016, 16:18

was a fantastic event. I always enjoy going to Crisis.
Fotos are on my blog.
http://dicewarrior.blogspot.de/
with more fotos duringthe naext days
The DBMM table was fantastic. Did not know that ways you otherwise I would have said hello....!!
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 11 Nov 2016, 17:42

Mr. Cryns wrote:Peter thanks for your pictures. Now the one still missing in the pics is you.
Who photographed Peter? :camera:

You had your chance, but you didn't take it! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Dad's Army on 12 Nov 2016, 10:52

I took one photo of you guys :mrgreen:
Peter meets Mr. Cryns and on the left Mr. Bos and even on the right there is Dykio!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 12 Nov 2016, 20:15

So that was Dykio! Pity we didn't have a chat! :(

Next time! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Konrad on 13 Nov 2016, 10:47

Dykio.I missed him again.
I wished to thank him for all the kind words the last years.

But i met Mr.Bos.I really enjoyd our conversation.
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Next page

Return to Visited Events