General

Have a look at some controversal ...

Posted by Frankzett on 29 Oct 2016, 20:36

Have a look at this thread on "planetfigure". You remember we had nearly the same discussion here at the forum two week ago ... (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19626)

Here an interesting discussion on "planetfigure" :
http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/cry ... -35.70392/

Greetings
Frank
Frankzett  

Posted by Cryns on 30 Oct 2016, 11:44

Thanks for sharing this link with us Frankzett.

I have to confess the pictures and subject are a little bit shocking to me.
At the same time it is very interesting subject because of several reasons:

1) This is an actual conflict, still going on today, so there is always a political factor. I think this is propaganda sculpture. Politics are not supposed to be discussed at Benno's Forum (reading the forum rules) so thats getting interesting too when such sculptures will be posted here at Benno's: Will such propaganda-sculpting be accepted at this forum and if so, will we be allowed to discuss it because according to the forum rules we are not.

2) These victims are real people, still alive today and can be confronted with these models so we could say with this sculpture their personal privacy is harmed. In the Netherlands we try to protect the privacy of victims and convicts by blurring their faces and making them inrecognizable in the media. I wonder if that is any different in Ukraine and Russia. And if a war situation will change that. And if a war in Western European countries will change that. It probably will.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Alex on 30 Oct 2016, 12:09

The artist (sculptor) should be integrated measure to work on the verge emotsianalno, plot tension and does not slip into vulgarity in "horror" If it does not, we get this. Such examples are many. I believe that in this case, the composition is a pamphlet. This can make the "Diwali patriot", for the same boys - masturbators.
Personally, my experience makes do in the sculpture that is exactly what I've seen in my life.
It's my personal opinion .
Dear Mr.Cryns , for political debate have a great cesspool - TMP Forum
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Cryns on 02 Nov 2016, 12:49

Alex wrote:Dear Mr.Cryns , for political debate have a great cesspool - TMP Forum

Alex to be honest I am glad we don't do political debates here at Benno's. I do understand the reason. :thumbup: To me it feels very nice and comfortable to know we can just share and discuss our work, humor, feelings and ideas, no matter what political tensions or discussions there are between the different countries we come from. Thats also why I love this Forum so much. :-D
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Return to General