Gallery

Warwickshire Yeomanry Cavalry (Perry Miniatures)

Posted by Marvin on 26 Aug 2016, 19:02

Hello BFFs (Benno's Figures Forum-ers)

Thought I'd showcase some Perry Miniatures British Light Dragoons figures that I painted earlier this year as Warwickshire Yeomanry Cavalry, c.1794. Yeomanry cavalry were mostly made up of landowning volunteers and were first raised in response to the threat of Britain's invasion by Napoleon. Terms of service in the yeomanry meant that they were never expected to serve abroad, or much beyond their county.

I'm pleased to announce that the excellent Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum in Warwick has now taken my figures on permanent loan and they are being displayed in the same case as other yeomanry artefacts from the period of 1794 (sabres, tarleton helmet, etc). :mrgreen:

And finally a hasty pic of them in the museum, placed in a temporary case. They'll be moved to the appropriate display case soon as it takes a few men to move the cabinet front!

More about the museum and the figures on the blog.
https://suburbanmilitarism.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/wonderful-news/

My best,

Marvin :-D
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 27 Aug 2016, 10:01

Hi Marvin, glad to see you're posting again after summer break.
Recently I painted my first 28mm horses also from Perry (French Dragoons). I thought mine are good but then I saw yours. Besides painting skills you really make it special with that Daler Rowney matte varnish. One more reminder to get it. :thumbup:

Marvin wrote:Hello BFFs (Benno's Figures Forum-ers)

I'm glad you also explained what BFF means. Remco used BFF recently here on forum but without explanation, and BFF could mean lots of (nasty) things :xd: :xd: :xd:

Marvin wrote:I'm pleased to announce that the excellent Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum in Warwick has now taken my figures on permanent loan and they are being displayed in the same case as other yeomanry artefacts from the period of 1794 (sabres, tarleton helmet, etc).

If that's not acknowledgement of your master painting skills I don't know what is. I must admit I'm a bit jealous but also proud of you at the same time ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Konrad on 27 Aug 2016, 10:13

A museum is a worthy place for these wonderful figs .
My compliment.
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Marvin on 27 Aug 2016, 23:59

Thanks fellas. Coming from two great painters as yourselves, I'm very humbled. :thumbup:

Goodness knows where I've been this summer. I'd say that I was very busy - but lazy is probably a better word!

Hey, Kekso - it's all in the Daler Rowney magic! ;-) :mrgreen:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Zed1 on 28 Aug 2016, 06:39

Congrats, man. Not many of us will get the chance to have their work being diplayed in a museum.
Excellent paintjob, indeed - and a rather unusual subject as well.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by MABO on 28 Aug 2016, 12:48

Congrats and I think your work is displayed very well. Maybe other museums will get interested so put your hands on your brushes... And do not forget to post pictures here, of course.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 28 Aug 2016, 19:01

Congrats Marvin! A wonderfull place to display your excellent painted figures! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Edwardian on 13 Mar 2017, 23:10

Superb!
Last edited by Kekso on 14 Mar 2017, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unecessary quoting
Edwardian  United Kingdom

Return to Gallery