General

Italeri Giant sizes

Posted by stewaoi on 09 Jul 2016, 14:07

Hi Guys

I recently purchased some italeri/esci napoleonic figures - quickly finding out that my later Italeri sets (6095, 6066) are huge in comparison to the ESCI sets, but also beautifully detailed.PSR lists both sets as being the same size as the much smaller and slimmer ESCI at 24mm.

I want to flesh out my forces with some figures from other manufacturers but worry that they may look comically small beside the italeri figures as the ESCI figures do. Does anyone know what figures would fit in with the new Italeri?
stewaoi  New Zealand

Posted by Wiking on 09 Jul 2016, 14:56

I am sorry beside this Franznap figure I have no napoleonic figures.
But the size of Italeri in WWII figures is the same huge size as to Esci WWII figures.
The Zvezda green Partisan is bigger as Esci and narrow in size to Italeri.
So Zvezda napoleonic is an option to your Italeri I think.

Funny note: Compare the same weapons from Esci and Italeri figures!
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Graeme on 09 Jul 2016, 17:19

PSR's comparison page will give you some idea, place your mouse pointer over each figure to see the manufacturer. Your French infantryman from the 6066 set is on the far right of the second picture.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=22

As you can see the figure from HaT's 1808-1812 infantry set looks a pretty good match but this set does have the earlier pre bardin style uniform.
I would agree that Zvezda's Old Guard and Elite Voltigeurs are probably a decent match but be aware that Zvezda's French Line Infantry is a reissue of the older Italeri set that is shorter and more slender looking.
I think Emhars French infantry might match well enough, PSR lists them at the same height and they look to have a similar chunky style but I don't have these figures so I can't say for certain.

The comparison pic for British line infantry on the PSR link doesn't have a figure from the 6095 set but you can get an idea by comparing the figures to the French infantryman.
Most of the other figures are of the smaller and more slender style. For fleshing out your British army Italeri's Scot's Infantry (that's "scots Infantry" not the ones marked "Highlanders" or Grenadiers") and 95th Rifles sets are both in the newer tall and chunky style.
Again I think the Emhar British infantry might be a similar size.

It's up to you but you could try putting the taller and shorter figures in different battalions to see if the size difference still bothers you.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by stewaoi on 15 Jul 2016, 02:13

Thanks so much for the help guys. I have gone ahead and purchased the Elite Voltigeurs from Zvezda. Looking forward to posting my painted minis and diorama once completed.
stewaoi  New Zealand

Posted by davbenbak1 on 16 Jul 2016, 17:04

Wow. I couldn't find any Zvezda voltigeurs when I was looking a while back. Then again I was only looking state side. Went with the various Hat sets which is OK and gave lots of the posses I was looking for. I have a series of posts in the WIP section if you want to check them out.
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by Pete Shep on 22 Aug 2016, 17:24

I have the Italeri British infantry and they look good next to my HAT 1808 -1812 French line infantry (size wise). I'm now looking at getting some Rifleman but my Revell ones are much smaller than the figures mentioned above but I've read the Italeri a slightly bigger than the above too.
So can anyone tell me how the Italeri Rifleman look next to the Italeri British infantry please? I'm hopeful there isn't too much difference.

Thanks,

Pete
Pete Shep  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 22 Aug 2016, 18:45

British Infantry: 24 mm
- http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1188
British 95th Regiment: 25,5 mm
- http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1061

Sorry but I couldn't take a picture, but for me they don't fit together. You can see the difference very good. You will have to decide for your own if you buy them or not.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Pete Shep on 24 Aug 2016, 16:22

Thanks Peter, I had seen on PSR the difference in size but when I compared them on the PSR comparison page they looked very very similar in size to the 1808-1812 French infantry which are also listed as 24mm.
I think like you say I will have to take a chance on them.
Thanks

Pete
Pete Shep  England

Posted by Graeme on 26 Aug 2016, 06:53

Some comparison pics, from left to right British inf, British rifles, French inf.

The smallest beside the largest.

The rifles are a bit beefier and taller than the British infantry and the difference is a bit more obvious looking at the figures than is shown by the camera. The French infantry are abit larger again and a chunkier sculpting style.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Susofrick on 26 Aug 2016, 11:27

I have been thinking about buying Italeri's giants to use with my Prince August Nappie-figures, but I have never come round to buy them. Could be that they are too small for that and too big for 1/72.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by DerkleinePUC on 26 Aug 2016, 12:41

Hello,
have a look at Hagens Miniatures online shop. They have some british infantry that matches well with Italeri. You can put all different sizes and manufacturers together when got painted by the same artist. In former days there were also some more tall or fat ones, were not all the same. But never let them stand beside each other too close.
DerkleinePUC  Germany

Posted by davbenbak1 on 26 Aug 2016, 14:48

Unless this is for a dio and they are going to be right next to each other, I don't see much of a difference. I'm a wargamer and I don't put my British rifles on the same base with line troops, so no problem.
davbenbak1  United States of America

Return to General