Visited Events

FIGZ 2016 Pictures!

Posted by Pieter on 06 Jun 2016, 20:33

Hi everyone;

It was my first time at FIGZ and I had a real good time! Very nice to meet so many of you in person and to have a good look at your work...

I especially like to thank Remco, Benno and Martin for organising this and bringing us all together for one day... Well done guys...!
THANXZ!

Jan; It was nice meeting you and your family and seeing your little desertscene... The groupbuild is a lovely initiative and it turned out really fine...!
Konrad; I loved your preatorians, the way you talk about them and the way you handle this longterm project... Just great!
Andreas; Very nice and original dioramas you make, great themes I felt I could really relate to and perfectly worked out!
Hope we get to talk about them more some other time...
Lodewijk; Nice meeting you, very impressive to see your work and seeing you do your workshop... Great skills!
Dirk; Great having you as a neighbour for a day;
I loved painting and talking miniatures together...
Nice to share so many common interests!
And there were many more nice and interesting people I've met and forgotten the names of or forget to mention right now...
You have all made my day...!

All in all it has been great fun and I will surely join next year...!

I just forgot to take pictures so if you have some; please keep posting!!!

And oh yes; in the end it turned out I had won the painting competition {single figure} with a vintage Airfix 54mm I recently finished... :oops:
I must say; that made my day too...!

Thanx again folks..!
Greetz Pieter

Pieter  Netherlands

Posted by Michael Robert on 06 Jun 2016, 22:03

Hello everybody,

so it's me the crazy guy who drove all the way from Normandy to Arnhem to come to FIGZ - and that at a 5th of June.
I came to see some of the people posting on the forum, get some inspiration on modeling and to attend the tree's workshop of Lodevijk.
When I started my drive on the 4th it was quite cold in Normandy. Somehow the weather became nicer and nicer when approaching Arnhem and when I arived there was a full summer fair going on, people sitting in the Streets and having a good time. I sat and ate a greasy pizza - goodness these French are always picky at food.
The next morning I did 3 tours of the block around to find Dennenweg. Can you imagine, I found the place by asking people - no GPS and no smart phone - and people were helping me kindly. When I arrived at last at 10h10 the FIGZ party was already in full steam - that would never have occured like that in France, not on a Sunday morning :-))
Well.... and then I met you guys in real, Remco, Benno, Jan and family, DasDirch, Mickey Mouse, Zed1, Konrad and of course Lodevijk Cryns - please apologize for those I have missed. I can only tell you that the spirit you convey is the same as the forum : open, constructive, honest, enthusiastic about our hobby and most of all full of kindness. You are really building bridges amongst people who live far apart. Konrad told this to me and I could only agree.
Then there was the trees' workshop. For me it was a real "déclic" (French for Something like "eureka"). I have never done dioramas, but to display figures I would like to have scenery. Lodevijk showed that with rather simple Tools you can be extremely creative. Nowhere you can buy such beautiful trees as his techniques allow. Now it wil be my turn.
I must also say that sometimes I was in awe at what people show in terms of miniature painting skills. Having seen collections in real brings you down to earth again. Gives me some incentive to post.

Here my small unfinished tree from FIGZ. You can be sure that I will finish it soon.
Let me express many thanks for the great event, a big thank you to the organizers and Lodevijk - and long life to Benno's Figures Forum

Michael

own attempts
http://s919.photobucket.com/user/Michael-Robert/media/DSC02290_zpshvuppljq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

my Figz tree (small start, but...)
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 07 Jun 2016, 07:53

This was great! Are there more pics or were you busy being social with each other? Well, except Mr. Cryns who by all accounts were working.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Oortje on 07 Jun 2016, 09:15

Wiking wrote:One question:
There are two well posed figures in the competition who interest me.
From Johan:
Dyne Meid
20mm
Who is the maker of this figures?

The name of the builder is Johan Vink. He's is not on any forum, because he consideres himself 'computer illiterate'. Last Sunday was his first visit to Figz.
Oortje  Netherlands

Posted by Dad's Army on 07 Jun 2016, 09:51

Hi guys, well here a reaction from me about FIGZ 2016. No pictures to share cause Peter did this for me, but Benno is working on his 700 now, and will make a nice colection out of it! First set is on the FIGZ facebookpage already, I hope you can all see them, but will be in this topic as well soon...
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/FIGZ.miniature ... 7252292734
My pictures were made with my phone, and bad light so hope you could see a bit of what was going on.

It was a cool day, or must I say hot day cause it was warm....
But it was like every year a fun day, and always nice to meet forummembers!
Like Pieter, a helpfule person with awesome work!
And of course Micheal Robbert who came from far away, but did enjoy a lot.
I was sitting next to him at the trees workshop, he has a tallent for it.
Realy nice to meet you guys. But also the other friends like every year, feels like a family meeting imo.
There where this year more visitors, never seen so much cars on the parking place, realy nice!
This year we tought it would be the 10th time, but there was a miscalculation, it was the 9th.
So Peter can bring the aniversery cake next year (missed you my friend this day)
The workshop of mr. Cryns was so much fun, hope we can do something simulair next year.
The workshop foam houses did not had anybody who wanted to try, a shame. But he gave some good tips and tricks so there where some happy people from that side as well!!!
We had a some new shops this year, and of coure they wanted to sell more but for such a small event they where happy as well (only the wifi didn't work, so there where some problems with digital paying)
We had 8 different gametables, all having fun as well and of course the 3D printing stand where a real Arnhem house was printed during FIGZ. Only the food section did had a miscalculation, he run out of frieds to fast, but here where some nice other warm snacks.
The painting competition was bad, cause I didn't win hahaha
No It was cool to see all the different works everybody did bring to the show.
When Erik-Jan did show his entry of the globe I already knew I wouldn´t win, what a cool idea this was.
So a deserved winner, and we did celebrate it after FIGZ with some fireworks!
Second place was Sasha, a man who likes to be on every phote, so guys next year....
In the single figures Pieter won, a great job and a nice start for his first FIGZ!
The guy who won second place I don't know, guess he was a visitor.
And of course we had two young winners in the kids prices, so cool to see them working!

And the groupe build, a big Hurray for Jan to organise this again.
I hope he will do a new groupebuild next year. and I guess he is thinking already.

Also a great thank you to Alex, who made our special figure and supporting FIGZ this way a lot.
Without this contribution I couldn't do this for you guys (and woman)
And sorry there was no group photo, I didn't think about it, and no other member seems to...
As far as I can see now (still have to get some payments) this year was with a small loss, so we did well together.

And now it is over....
So thanks for all you guys who did participate on FIGZ 2016, hope to see you next year as well!!!
Now I can releax, stress time is over, hahaha
Hope to find new ideas for next year.
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 09:56

Peter wrote:WRONG SHIRT! Where is that FIGZ shirt? :eh:

Mr Cryns wrote:Peter,

I thought you had problems with your back, not with your eyes. Is that right? So have a good look at that Figz shirt again. A very good look. How many buttons do you count? How many? Yes, that's right.
And how many buttons are needed for a good session of buttoncounting? Have a very good look at my old striped pyjama shirt on Konrads pictures. How many buttons do you count?

Sounds that you don't like my comment on the shirt? But it's the truth! I can't help it that you wanted to do that workshop in half your pyjamas! :mrgreen:

Congrats to Erik-Jan, Pieter and Sascha for their win! :thumbup:

Question:

Who painted those Airfix Indians? Those are wonderfull! :shock:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Benno on 07 Jun 2016, 09:59

It was great to see so many old and new faces again! A special thanks to Michael Robert who drove 6 hours all the way from France to join us in Arnhem. He is the first person from France who visited FIGZ! I'm glad you felt the forum spirit at FIGZ as well. :-D

I was also happy to meet Pieter. A relatively new forum member who started painting 1,5 years ago and managed to fill almost two Bring & Show tables with his exquisitely painted work.

The activity that drew most of the attention during the day was Mr. Cryns' fantastic tree workshop. Thank you for organising this workshop!

This was the biggest FIGZ to date. About 150 people attended, twice as many as last year.

I didn't talk with as many to people as I would have wanted. This year I forced myself to make as many photos as possible to capture the "FIGZ spirit" on camera so we can all enjoy it online until FIGZ 2017. I'm sure I have more time to talk to some of you at Heiden upcoming September. :-D :yeah:

As Jan said... I made about 750 photos during the day. I'll try to post a couple each day. Here are the first few photos...

Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Cryns on 07 Jun 2016, 10:22

Peter wrote:Sounds that you don't like my comment on the shirt?

Don't worry Peter :-D :-D :-D I only tried to drag you into counting the buttons of my shirt so, for once, I could call YOU a buttoncounter. But you did not step in my trap. I think you are a little too intelligent for that.

The truth is I was so busy the whole day since 05:50 h. in the morning, I did not think about that shirt at all for the whole day. I did not even see it. Only after packing up, around 19:00 h. I mentioned Martin was wearing one.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 11:41

Peter wrote:Sounds that you don't like my comment on the shirt?

Mr. Cryns wrote:Don't worry Peter :-D :-D :-D I only tried to drag you into counting the buttons of my shirt so, for once, I could call YOU a buttoncounter. But you did not step in my trap. I think you are a little too intelligent for that.

The truth is I was so busy the whole day since 05:50 h. in the morning, I did not think about that shirt at all for the whole day. I did not even see it. Only after packing up, around 19:00 h. I mentioned Martin was wearing one.

Well it looks like you have to get out earlier to catch me! :-D

But I hope you have your shirt now for next year! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 07 Jun 2016, 11:54

@Benno, I can't find Michael on your photos :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Benno on 07 Jun 2016, 12:06

Kekso wrote:@Benno, I can't find Michael on your photos :xd:

Wait for the next set of photos. :mrgreen:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Wiking on 07 Jun 2016, 16:23

@ Oortje
thank you very much for this reply.
Very kind from you.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 07 Jun 2016, 16:34

@ Michael Robert
You wrote:
... I did 3 tours of the block around to find Dennenweg. Can you imagine, I found the place by asking people - no GPS and no smart phone - and people were helping me kindly.
Yes I can imagine. It sounds the same as like if I drove to Antwerpen the past ten years in march.
That`s funny.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Oortje on 07 Jun 2016, 17:10

Wiking wrote:@ Oortje
thank you very much for this reply.
Very kind from you.

You're welcome :)
Oortje  Netherlands

Posted by Pieter on 07 Jun 2016, 19:21

THANXZ Peter
I brought the Airfix indians as an example of a w.i.p. and the ones on the picture are not half finished yet...
Plan is to take them way further in the near future.
Pleased to see so many people seemed to like them!
Greetz Pieter
Pieter  Netherlands

Posted by Pieter on 07 Jun 2016, 19:29

Benno; these are real good pictures and they capture the Figz-spirit wonderfully well...
Keep 'm coming...!
Greetz Pieter
Pieter  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 20:24

Pieter wrote:THANXZ Peter
I brought the Airfix indians as an example of a w.i.p. and the ones on the picture are not half finished yet...
Plan is to take them way further in the near future.
Pleased to see so many people seemed to like them!
Greetz Pieter

Don't forget to post them here on the forum! Maybe a step by step, so we can see what you're doing with them!
PS: are it originals or Hong Kong copies? I have both that's why I ask! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Pieter on 07 Jun 2016, 21:33

Peter;
I also have both but these are the originals...
(Much better detail and that good old nostalgic feel to them for sure...)
They are kind of hard to get by nowadays and they will often show they have been used as toys for boys back in their day...
I am really glad I finally managad to purchase each pose without too much damage and I am planning a dio with their 7th cavalry counterparts sometime this year...
So who knows; I might post some pics sometime...

Wish Airfix had done these in 1/72 scale...
Honkong did some of them but that is yet another project sleeping in one of my drawers...!

Greetz Pieter
Pieter  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 21:40

Looking forward to that! :thumbup:

And you have the 7th Cavalry? Awesome! I just got a few of them! And did Hong Kong made these to? :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bramble15 on 08 Jun 2016, 02:20

Every year I go through the same emotion as FIGZ wraps up - Jealousy!!! I think it is really awesome that so many member is the forum are able to take some time get together and enjoy the works and friendships of other members. Thanks for sharing all the photos and keep them coming!!!!
Bramble15  United States of America

Previous pageNext page

Return to Visited Events