Members

Introductory thread

Posted by Peter on 12 May 2016, 19:35

Welcome Torsten! And go ahead and show us your work! ;-) :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 12 May 2016, 22:29

Welcome at Bennos. Nice to have you here. Last year I have worked near to Dessau. And, as Peter already has said: Show us your work.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 13 May 2016, 08:32

Welcome to the forum Torsten. Don't be afraid by Alex or Erik... they're not from this world anyway :xd: But I'm sure your work is excellent :thumbup: . Please show it to us.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by stenfalk on 13 May 2016, 15:25

Peter, MABO and Kekso, thank you for the nice words! And Alex, thanks for the friendship request! I am extremely pleased with the warm welcome :oops: and I´ll try to trust me as soon as possible with the technology to post pictures here :eh: . But I don´t want to violate the rules of the forum :sweatdrop: and must ask a question before. It is not unlikely that I market my characters someday commercially. The decision has not yet been made ​​- for example it could motivate me as much when you say you like my models :winky: :winky: :winky: or I change the subject if you don´t like :-x . So I need to know it´s advertising show my photos here? And if so - what should I do? I understand the instructions not completely. Can one of you help me please :xd: ?
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 13 May 2016, 16:39

You wouldn't be the first who sells his products here. Just remember that you could become forum supporting member one day when you will be rich :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by stenfalk on 13 May 2016, 17:38

Thank you for the answer. Now I am reassured - I have already applied for "Supporting Member Bronze" yesterday... ;-) :-D
stenfalk  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 13 May 2016, 20:12

Thank you. But I didn't meant right now but when business flourishes ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by stenfalk on 13 May 2016, 20:21

I know. But the forum is unique and I thought such work must be supported immediately :yeah: :-D !!!
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 16 May 2016, 08:09

Huge welcome Torsten! Really like your dogs! Would love to see your boxer since I am a little (yes, Peter and Dali, just a little) crazy about them. The playful shepherds are the best I've seen!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Oortje on 07 Jun 2016, 09:07

Hello all,

Just a small message to introduce myself to this forum.

My real name is Mark Orriëns, 29 years old, and live in Tiel. I've started modelling about 10 years ago with 1:35 scale diorama's (first project was a Panzer IV, not the ideal starting project...). Then jumped tot 1:72 and 5 years ago i started with 28mm. Nowadays i mostly paint 28mm Napoleonics, but every now and then I paint some 54mm and 120mm aswell. I'm not really into wargaming itself, I'm more of a diorama and figure painting/building guy :).

Last Sunday it was my first visit to Figz and I enjoyed it very much. Nice people and too much stuff to buy. I hope that this forum helps me to learn new techniques, and offcourse learn to know more co-modellers.

Here are foto's of some of my projects;

'Shall we open the ball, gentlemen?' Napoleon I & staff at Waterloo, 28mm

'Feast yer eyes' 42nd Blackwatch at Waterloo, 28mm

'Teufels im ruhe' Fallschirmjäger in Normandy, 1944. 1:35 scale.

'800 meter, geradeaus...' Sniper and spotter in Ardennes, 1944. 1:35 scale.

Cheers!,

Mark
Oortje  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 09:40

Welcome Mark and I'm looking forward to more of your work! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by stenfalk on 07 Jun 2016, 14:56

Hello Mark,

and a friendly welcome! I look forward to seeing more of your work. I like to look at what other modellers do always. It´s not just a matter of techniques - I think i can be seen in the works something about the personality and the way how the modeller sees his world. I like your view... :-D
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 07 Jun 2016, 16:03

Fantastic work Mark. Welcome to the forum.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by renikart on 09 Jun 2016, 13:10

Hi guys, great to be part of this forum! Amazing to see all these tiny pieces of art. Here's a short introduction: My name is Renik, 38 years old and living in Uitgeest, the Netherlands. I'm a selfemployed graphic designer and illustrator and since I can remember a big fan of painting, well, just about everything. My dad is to blame for my interest in painting miniatures. As a small kid I was always watching him paint the Airfix 1/72 napoleonic collection (and others) and was intrigued by the colors and uniforms. When I got older I tried it myself and got hooked. After a while life changed and painting started to fade to the background. A few years ago my dad retired and we decided to have a weekly paint-day to give it a try again. It's a great diversion from a busy life and it's nice to be creating things. Gives a lot of energy. At the moment I paint 1/72 and 1/16 scaled models.

Cheers
Renik
renikart  Netherlands

Posted by Peter on 09 Jun 2016, 13:37

Welcome Renik! And we're looking forward to yours and your dad's work here on the forum! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by renikart on 09 Jun 2016, 13:48

Thanks Peter, will certainly do so!
renikart  Netherlands

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ben on 23 Sep 2016, 19:16

Hello,

I'm Benjamin from Gelsenkirchen, Germany. I'm into modeling since my childhood, a friend of my father who is into WWI introduced me to painting figures. With him I made my first visit to a modeling show, the DUZI. Lately after three years where I unfortunately could do just very little modeling I got back deeper into the hobby. I had some ideas in my mind, like building the swamp from MASH, a scene from Hogans Heroes or something from Star Wars. I wasn't very satisfied with the figures I found which would maybe fit or could be converted, so I thought why not try sculpting something myself. In my search for a material to work with I found bees putty, so that's what I'm working with at the moment. I've done a few figures so far. Right now I'm doing some German soldiers for a winter scene in Russia.

Kind regards

Benjamin
Ben  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 23 Sep 2016, 19:26

Welcome to the forum Benjamin. We're looking forward to see some of your work. Don't be modest, share it. ;)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Ben on 23 Sep 2016, 19:44

Thank you Kekso!

With pleasure, I'm always looking for help or advices :)

Right now I'm online using my iPhone. Have to read how to post photos here. And please don't be hard on me, I'm just usin my phone for photos
Ben  Germany

Posted by stenfalk on 23 Sep 2016, 20:42

Hi Ben, welcome! Nice that you're here! I'm curious to see your sculptures. Your ideas sound good. Have you already begun the "MASH" fantasies? I remember Major Margaret Houlihan for example... :oops:
stenfalk  Germany

Previous pageNext page

Return to Members