Group Builds

The Road to Arnhem!

Posted by MABO on 17 Jan 2016, 23:09

Hello friends,

it is time for another Group Building 2016!

Keeping in mind the great fun and the fine result of the last years FIGZ presentation of all your famous figures from all over the world, I would like to present a new plan:

The Project for this year is

„The Road to Arnhem“

My idea is to create a special diorama, that features an ideal of a street leading to Arnhem, the home of the FIGZ, troughout all time periods. So in the end we will have parts that are 10 square centimetre and putting them together in a long row, sorted in time periods, which is the diorama.

Think about scenes that could have happened: Stone age people hunting, Celts riding, Romans, exploring, Franks travelling, Knights fighting, medival people discussing, Bandit waiting for a treasurer, Landsknechts resting, civilians farming, British troops travelling to Hannover, Nappies running around everywhere, the Great War, A Bridge to far and finally the modern times.

Once the last GB was dominated by the famous and glorious and for all very motivating Napoleonic times, this is free to your ideas and preferences. :mrgreen:

BUT it is important, that scenes you like to create, could really have happened there around Arnhem. So no Samurais fighting (sorry Konrad) But imagine a traveller from Japan might visiting the Netherlands. No Zulus fighting Brits and no ACW troops or Russian WWII Infantry.

Be creative but realistic!

In concrete: What can you do?

You can create you own vignette and send it to me as one part ready to add.

You can build a scene and send the parts to me so I will fix it on a base.

For example: a house wall as a background and three figures meeting in front of it.

Or you build a wagon, a canon, car, truck or tank with figures

Or you simply paint some figures for a little scene and I will base them concering your idea.

I would propose at least three figures for a part. But maybe you have a special idea for a part that needs only one figure? Then this is ok,of course.

If you think about a wagon or a car: That is fine as well, but I think it is dull to have only a tank on a road. Imagine a small story behind.

I will prepare the final presentation and I will straighten the edges by adding an additional neural part if necessary. But in general build street-parts with 10 square centimetre.If your idea requieres more space than build two parts with these dimensions.

Exception: Behind the road you would like to add a complete building. For example like the scenes from Fredericus-Rex.

http://www.fredericus-rex.eu/de/Massstab-1-72-Figuren-Gebaeude-Pflanzen-Fahnen/Gebaeude-1-18/1-72-Mittelalterliche-Gebaeude/Green-Line--GL-GEB-049-Vignette-II--Mittelalterliche-Stadt-am-Fluss---1-72.html

Then it would be fine for me to have the street in nearly 10 square centimetre and the building on the side.

It goes without saying, that I have in mind a variety of different periods, so one can see times marching on. But of course this is a ideal conception. I will discuss it here or via PM, if we only have German Infanry marching.

BUT: I would like to limit „The Bridge of Arnhem – Scenes“ up to three. Be quick, Michael!

The D-Day for sending the part or whatever to me is 30th April! I have to finish everything so this might need some days as well.

Send me a PM for contact- details.

I am counting on you and I think we can have a very impressive new presentation in June at the FIGZ. And keep in mind: If you could not come there personally, you can show you work this way. Maybe it will be presentated somewhere else like the Waterloo Diorama last year!

So get on your marks and let's start! :-D

MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 18 Jan 2016, 10:18

What a great idea! :yeah: :thumbup: I'm in for something small at least. :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 18 Jan 2016, 10:24

As you can imagine, Gunnar, I have counted you in for sure :yeah: :-D
MABO  Europe

Posted by mickey mouse on 19 Jan 2016, 11:42

Yep, great idea indeed! I'm in aswell.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Kekso on 19 Jan 2016, 12:36

My deepest respect to you Jan and your good will to take care of another multinational project.
And idea is very cool. Even coolest than Waterloo although I'm a Napoleonic fan. :D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 19 Jan 2016, 13:22

wow, wow, wow, what an idea!!!! Do I see a German-history timeline you show some time ago behind it? I am wondering how I can join this another great project from Togo. Let me think about it.
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 19 Jan 2016, 22:19

As I live in the region where the Operation Garden started I have to join!

But "what?", my dear Watson! :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Jan 2016, 08:50

Do these figures fit in anywhere near Arnhem?

I am going to paint some Medieval figures especially for this project, but we can use these oldies I can send them with the others.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Jan 2016, 15:58

Susofrick wrote:Do these figures fit in anywhere near Arnhem?

I am going to paint some Medieval figures especially for this project, but IF we can use these oldies I can send them with the others.

Sorry, missed a little and very humble word called if (no capital letter, it is too humble for that) in my post. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Marvin on 20 Jan 2016, 22:03

Interesting idea, Jan! :notworthy: Like Gunnar, count me in for something 'small' too! Not sure what yet, I'll have a think... :neutral:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 20 Jan 2016, 22:18

Susofrick wrote:
Sorry, missed a little and very humble word called if (no capital letter, it is too humble for that) in my post. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hello Gunnar,

I think one can create something out of the Romans, but I would prefer to see something new medival stuff from you! ;-) :yeah:
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 20 Jan 2016, 22:18

Hey Marvin, What about a Nappy parade on the road...! :mrgreen:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Marvin on 20 Jan 2016, 23:05

MABO wrote:Hey Marvin, What about a Nappy parade on the road...! :mrgreen:

:lol: Now, there's an idea...
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 21 Jan 2016, 08:40

The Medievals are taken out from the vault. Oh, how they screamed! Will base them on bottlecaps for painting next week.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Arekmaximus on 28 Jan 2016, 20:51

Very interesting project.
;-)
Arekmaximus  Poland

Posted by Arekmaximus on 07 Feb 2016, 22:01

I have a question, is possible this meeting: bear vs. archers :mrgreen: (on the Road to Arnhem... :camera: )?
;-)

???
Arekmaximus  Poland

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 07 Feb 2016, 22:19

I would say of course. Very good Idea! :love: :love: :love:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Marvin on 07 Feb 2016, 22:41

Bear? - yes!

One armed archer? ...possibly. :-)
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Feb 2016, 08:45

Could very well be one-armed after the bear attacked! :-D Looks very nice! Great fun to see more joining!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 08 Feb 2016, 14:15

Great idea...lets see if I could make something
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Next page

Return to Group Builds