Visited Events

ISSC - international small scale convention, Heiden, 2015

Posted by Zed1 on 12 Sep 2015, 21:28

Okay folks - Heiden was, once again, a great show.

I have learned that I have to learn waaaaay more if I really want to compete with the big guys in the competitions. And I have learned that sometimes, one piece just fits into the other when you're on the look for finding ideas for a new diorama.

Image (this one won the best-of-show-gold-award, a diorama gold model and Bennos' special price trophy.

Another best-of-show entry. As all this stuff is scratch-built, it was a worthy competition-breaker.

And finally: Bananaaaa!

I much enjoyed the day out with all these painting enthusiasts. Plus I have bought plenty of new stuff. :lol:
Zed1  Germany

Posted by k.b. on 13 Sep 2015, 02:01

WOOOOOOW! Some truly stunning work which really is inspirational stuff, especially those lucky ones who were able to get to the event!
More piccies please!!!
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by santifernandez on 13 Sep 2015, 10:34

Great dios.......The race car is awesome.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Das_Dirch on 13 Sep 2015, 13:42

For me it was a great day too. Thanks to Remco, Benno, Sascha, Jan, Konrad and Andreas for beeing there.
We have a lot of fun.
Hope next year the show will e again and we could present the Forum there.

Here are my pictures. Sorry if there are some double to Saschas pics.

And the best of show and winner of the Bennos Figures Forum Special Price

All brushbros are very busy
Das_Dirch  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 13 Sep 2015, 15:39

OMG, Benno is painting :shock: ... The End is coming... Run for your lives!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great photos BTW, thank you guys!
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 13 Sep 2015, 20:58

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us! Looks like you all had a very nice day! :thumbup:

The diorama with the race cars is presuming a situation in the rally "Boucles de Spa" in Belgium. What I find very interesting is the figures been used in it. I see pirates, arabs and figures of many sets and periods. The telex base is also a wonderfull thing. Question I have. What the hell is the Benno's Figures Forum Special Price???? :shock:

Kekso wrote:Image

OMG, Benno is painting :shock: ... The End is coming... Run for your lives!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great photos BTW, thank you guys!

It's just a pose Dali, don't worry! They paid him for taking this picture! Seconds later you could find him on the bar! :mrgreen: :joker: :lol:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Benno on 14 Sep 2015, 07:02

It was a lot of fun last Saturday at the International Small Scale Convention in Heiden! :-D As the pictures already showed... I held my brush for the phot... I mean... yes I was painting again! :laughing: I really enjoyed seeing all of you again and to catch up. It was a beautiful show with amazing works. :thumbup:

From left to right: Remco, Andreas, Dirk, Jan, Konrad, Sascha and yours truly. :-D Image

Andreas is teaching Remco how to paint. :sst:

My tiny setup

The Benno's Figures Forum Fantastic Waterloo Project

Dirk was announcing the winner of the Benno's Figures Forum Special Price cup but the winner was already gone. :stressed:

Our forum team won many prices in the painting competition! :yeah:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Benno on 14 Sep 2015, 07:06

Peter wrote:Question I have. What the hell is the Benno's Figures Forum Special Price???? :shock:
It was the price of all prices... the largest cup and the most prestigious award... :mrgreen: It's a price we give as a forum, organised by Dirk. We all voted for our best entry and the one with the most votes won. The entry that won was great. It was very unique subject and well built. There were lots of tiny details everywhere (a woman smoking a cigarette, a kid pulling a toy train, a flat kat ran over by one of the cars, etc). Too bad I forgot to make photos... :sweatdrop:

@Dirk: Did he eventually collect his price?
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Das_Dirch on 14 Sep 2015, 07:23

Benno wrote: @Dirk: Did he eventually collect his price?

I don´t know. After he get his gold medal he was gone with the wind. And at the end of the show the price was allready there :(
I hope that the organisation take the price and they will send him. I would like to ask Berthold.
Das_Dirch  Germany

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 14 Sep 2015, 07:44

Thanks guys for posting these pictures. I am on my way to Togo, And seeing you painting cheers me up!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Benno on 14 Sep 2015, 08:36

Das_Dirch wrote:I don´t know. After he get his gold medal he was gone with the wind.
I guess he couldn't wait to try it out...

:-D

He probably didn't expect to win more because the prices in his category were already given.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Wiking on 14 Sep 2015, 10:36

Yes that is correct.

I never realy expectet such an sucsess.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 14 Sep 2015, 10:44

Thank you for all the flowers.
Too much. Thank you.
It is nice to read that someone see a few of all the small things.
Do you noticed the numbersshilds for all cars.
Especially from the crashes Alfa...

Sorry for my bad English.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Sep 2015, 15:22

:sst: I have reasoned it out. :sst: I think .The Prize- winner left :shock: That is what happened ? :cry:Wiking,you should never run out on the Benno Twins :nono: Especially when they are taking part in a Paint Brush Advert! :-D Everyone knows you need a very large brush for the finer detail work on a 6mm figure. :read: "That's interesting BB,I just read that here in your latest book:
HOW TO SPEED PAINT WITH STYLE" :thumbup: " Yip! It`s a great Slap Dash Read,and available on Kindle Books,but over priced at 5p."

____________________________________Birds Eye View____________________________________

There are times when because you took part in the adventure, a warm feeling of pride can be felt.
A rather good feeling I experienced as I gazed down upon the little Diorama of Waterloo that Jan kindly put together for all of us Benno-knight`s. I Love the added wooded area there on the left at Hougoumont.It was a good idea ,and the squeezed in tiny grand scale buildings worked out very well indeed.I don`t know if I can take part in another group build,but I`m glad that I was able to on this one.
All jolly good stuff on fine display at the show,and some great idea`s to learn from. No,Not Copy,but Pinch!
I noticed those fine looking Asterix figures all painted up too,and thought someone had Half Inched
( Pinched! ) my whole Collection! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Guys for sharing the Splendid Pictures of your day out. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Benno on 14 Sep 2015, 17:54

Wiking wrote:Thank you for all the flowers.
Too much. Thank you.
It is nice to read that someone see a few of all the small things.
Do you noticed the numbersshilds for all cars.
Especially from the crashes Alfa...

Sorry for my bad English.
Welcome to the forum! :-D Did you already receive the cup? Please post some photos with close up of all the details in the forum. I'd love to see it again. :-D :thumbup:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Peter on 14 Sep 2015, 18:49

I also would like to see more pictures and some information about the figures and cars been used!

Congrats to all medal winners! (Some more information???? Who won what, with what) ;-) :thumbup:

@Benno: Now it is clear! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Benno on 14 Sep 2015, 21:29

Mr. Andrea wrote:Thanks guys for posting these pictures. I am on my way to Togo, And seeing you painting cheers me up!
What are you doing in Togo btw?
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Wiking on 14 Sep 2015, 22:45

The figures : 3x Revell (U-Boot) ; 3x Preiser (Airfield set); 2x Airfix (one was a driver of an bomb towing tractor now he is a driver for the HP 8 Tourer.); 2x Matchbox (Pilot); 2x Noch ; 4x CMK (U-Boot); 2x Pegasus; 4x Nikolai (pirat, arab, viking); 3x Hecker & Goros (U-Boot); 3x IMEX; 1x Cäsar (European Partisan); 7x Dark Dream Studio (WW1 Pilots); 1x Orion; 3x Dapol (Workers); 1x Friderikus Rex; 3x Germania Figuren (Italian tankers); 2x Valdemar (dark age); 2x Red Box (Japanese mechanic, smoking girl) ; 1x Frog (DH 88 Comet box) ; 1x LS; 1x HÄT (I am not sure about that) 1x Kamar; 1x Giesbers Models. You can see that there is a gap for a good civilists set (1920-1940) in 1/72. So i use what i can get and what was in my spare parts box.

The Cars:
No 33 is from Glencoe converted to an MG TA. The wheels are from RPM Ford T.
No 24 is from ACE, 8HP Tourer. Wheels are from an Zvezda Disney blue Car.
No 34 Attack, Tatra 97. OOB.
No 19 Bugatti are from R&L. The front axle is scratch. The wheels are from the Airfix Bofors. The amount of spokes is exakt like the real thing.

All cars are exist before WW2. And the race should be shortly bevore WW2. I hope the comercials at the walls are in the timeline. And Peter yes i planned this unspecified race around B,NL,F. So why not "Boucles de Spa".
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Alex on 14 Sep 2015, 23:46

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for showing friends!
I was quietly beside you. 8)
Alex  Russia

Posted by Wiking on 15 Sep 2015, 04:02

With France 1940 (Flag and sliding numbers) i won Military Dioramas (MD2) too.
Wiking  Germany

Next page

Return to Visited Events