General

Lots Bid for and Won,But Items not Honoured by Seller

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jul 2015, 01:37

I was really excited with the thought of opening that package that had just arrived.

A Big Box of Goodies! It looks Good. But it Ain`t. Things were about to get even worse.

"Look at this Mrs B. Look what he`s used to pack my stuff in", I exclaimed with my face wearing a not amused wrinkle to it. I`m all for recycling cardboard,and Bubble Wrap,but a used throw away bag,is in my mind not being very respectful to a customer that's just shelled out tons of money.

Notice He Used The Same Photo For Both Lots.

I bid and won these models that are seen as sealed in packs. So I expected new items that were displayed ,but I received 17 loose used cavalry one with a broken arm. The Seller said he changed the Listing before my bid. So basically he`s saying Hard Luck! Those that know of my reputation with Sellers know darn well that I will pursue this fellow at full throttle until I get a full refund. I have made this fellows E Bay shop 1 janeaway a hot bed of contention on my Blog,FaceBook and Twitter. Now here.

Audience Shown to Reason:

If one was to buy a Rolls Royce after seeing it offered for sale in the Emotive Language of Advertising, he would hardly expect a Reliant Robin to be delivered___ and with the Seller Stating Oh Yes,Well! I changed the sale goods description before you bought it. So I have reported him to E Bay,demanding a full refund from them under E Bay rules,and under British and International Law. This guy has lots of explaining to do when he wakes today,and see`s my Negative Feedback on his E Bay Site. One could liken it to S..t Hitting the Fan.

I invite you to watch this space for another intrepid chase report by___Beano Boy
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by tom s on 01 Jul 2015, 01:44

go get him and good luck.im sure ebay will make sure this guy gets whats coming to him.
tom s  United States of America

Posted by Paul on 01 Jul 2015, 08:56

Finally tracked him down.
http://www.ebay.ie/usr/1janeaway?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Free postage but the postage is then added to the Price of the item???? :scratch:

DEL PRADO RELIVE WATERLOO description to follow /p>

FREE UK POSTAGE

WILL COMBINE POSTAGE ON MULTI BUYS OVERSEAS

MORE DEL PRADO WATERLOO TO FOLLOW

Please note Ebays new policy re postage, to keep my selling price low I have had to raise my postage to feature this. Please bear in mind when bidding & leaving feedback.

"Final value fees will be charged based on the combined value of the item listed plus postage. For example, if an item sells for £20 with postage cost of £4, the final value fee will be charged based on the combined value of £24."

Same as with Farce book, I won´t use Evil bay
Paul  China

Posted by Kekso on 01 Jul 2015, 10:22

Keep us informed Paul (BB)... I hope you'll get your money back.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jul 2015, 12:17

Hi guys,thanks for your support.
Yes I`m wearing a different coat now that buttons up in many other ways, and as such, legally I am cool calm and collected after this guy now.His practace synonym of how he defines law is clearly a Case now of Consumer Trading Rights being Infringed,especially as he has stated "No Returns Eccepted and No Refund", which is about as a Binding as a Legal Case,that a Garden Sieve can hold water.

E Bay has informed me that Generally Cases are not opend up until 8 working days have passed. I have inform them "Generally ",is not a legally binding word so Open The Case Now. I also imformed them by E Mail,that I was Wondering why on Earth am I having to deal with this Guy Alone,who clearly never had the items he Posted on E Bay in the First Place,and that he should be made answerable to the Question Why? I also imformed them that I am not one to back down,and let this issue slowly disappear into thin air. Hit them where it hurts, All my trading by way of Pay Pal and on E Bay is now fully suspended until all issues are dealt with to my satisfaction. The last Seller that I tangled with on E Bay shut up shop and did a runner. So that's OK, He`s no longer allowed to trade because his activities are being tracked.
Yes, I will keep you informed as to what happens next. There are many Members on the Forum who trade on E Bay,and who buy model figures and other stuff that is why I posted this Item here. All your comments are most welcome. He Who Dare Wins! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 01 Jul 2015, 13:25

@Beano Boy-What are you planning there Beany, going in search for gold in Twidle-wood forest :-D ? LOL... So you need something to help you find gold in river... :-D Just joking...
https://whatsthepont.files.wordpress.co ... g_3765.png :-D
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by PDA on 01 Jul 2015, 15:44

I love the feeling of getting something in the post, something purely self-indulgent like a new model or toy soldiers. And the feeling of disappointment when you open up the package to find you've been gipped is well known to many of us, I'm sure.

In the past, I have had satisfaction from e-bay and paypal, so I believe you will get recompense as well. But it possibly still won't take the bad taste away. However, I can't see the point of just sitting back and letting him get away with it, so here's wishing you good luck in your pursuit.
PDA  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jul 2015, 16:16

Emperor, that's funny an a Jooly Good Comment.
The Sieve I decided to show because of the differing languages around the world ,so all could see and fully understand the word I wrote,and the object I refured too. I am pleased to say, that I don`t need to sieve out gold in all weather conditions,because there are riches coming in constantly that stem from my Fiddle Wood finger tip writings.

Nice comment too PDA. Thank you.
For myself most days is one of unwrapping needful things, like Toy Figures from the past,and the odd one or two new models figures as well. Along with Modelling Stuff, and typing a few thousand words each day, I am always feeling rather good about our lot in life in our hard earned Twilight Years. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by vellek on 01 Jul 2015, 16:17

PDA wrote:In the past, I have had satisfaction from e-bay and paypal, so I believe you will get recompense as well. But it possibly still won't take the bad taste away. However, I can't see the point of just sitting back and letting him get away with it, so here's wishing you good luck in your pursuit.

Ditto. Good luck BB!
vellek  United States of America
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jul 2015, 00:18

Hi guys this,so called Seller on E Bay sent me an interesting E Mail stating he does not see why he should take a loss of money out of his own pocket because I don`t want those figures. He proposed a counter offer to me. He wants me to return his items at my cost,and he being so generious is going to give me a full refund,but he will deduct his postage he paid to send them to me. I have informed him that I have now been assured of a full refund and under E Bay rules and that I will not have to pay any of the postage at all.

He also stated he has done nothing wrong under E Bay Rules. I then countered his statement by pointing out,that he placed pictures on Ebay of items that he never had in the first place. I also informed him this was miss representation under the consumers rights governing trading standards,and that he should be held accountable for it.
Then I told him quite direct and to the point. That I didn`t care if he was out of pocket due to his own actions,and that if he owed me a penny then I wanted it,and I demanded a Full Refund again and assured him E Bay will also make him pay the double postage too. Principles set down by law governing peoples rights are only ever enforced if one takes the necessary action. Far to many people don`t ,and quietly shrink away,and take the Hit! He is finding out that I am not one of them. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 02 Jul 2015, 10:19

I went to his guy's ebay profile. He would charge me £15.99 for shipping few figures (and I mean standard international postage, no tracking). I got 8 HaT boxes from UK for £8.05
A ripoff :?
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jul 2015, 11:05

I agree Delibor. Rip Off! Indeed.
Wearing a different coat,I used to represent others in tribunal cases where a Judge,or other judicial officers sat.
Usually I represented clients in cases and issues concerning Social Security & Pensions.
I did this for Free,because I saw a need to do so.
I also advised on comprehensive and authoritative actions that can easily be taken.
To pursue any action concerning law first one must think as the law " Thinks."
There are three advantages to this.
1 You`ll find the help you need more quickly.
2 The information will make more sense.
3 Your knowledge can be used more effectively.

So how can I give an example?
You may view someone in terms of their trade for example a Builder, but this is not how the law see`s them.
The law looks at: What they sell ( goods or services). Where they sell from ( in a shop or online.) How they sell ( treating customers fairly and abiding by any rules that apply under law) This is all that is needed for anyone to take the first step. If we think on it,knowing and abiding by the law protects businesses,is good for consumers,and above all helps support the economy.
I have informed this Seller,that I do not play wargames,but that I win legal ones. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Jul 2015, 00:32

Hi Guys.
I nailed him. My money: A Full Refund from EBay plus free postage of items back to him. The Seller wanted me to pay for all the postage costs. One I would pay for return of items,and two,he would also take out his postage cost out of my Full Refund, for his postage to me in the first place. £ 9.50 ,A double hit on postage because of his highly suspect action was no way going to happen.
He is now refusing to deal with E Bay proposals put to him. So I sincerely hope this guy loses his right to trade on E Bay. As for me my resolve to see this action through has shown both him ,and them that I will not go quietly into the night. All trading with E Bay & Pay Pal, was halted from the 28th /6 /2015. It will stay in place for a while longer. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 12 Jul 2015, 15:08

That ebay bait-and-switcher has taken a bad decision: he has chosen to tangle with a purchaser who knows his rights and knows how to enforce them! Bravo BB.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Jul 2015, 15:38

Thank you Bluefalchion,I always strike while the iron is hot. Straight and to the point be it of metal or be it a simple swish of my typing finger. Being a Son of a Poor Widow means I fight. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jul 2015, 08:42

__________________________________ SIMPLE ADVICE________________________________________________

Hi guys,just a little advice that will save money if there is a need to return packages bought on E Bay. Usually it is you the buyer who has to pay the postage because it is returned by Royal Mail ( Post Office ) This is a clever cop-out designed legally to save E Bay millions of Pounds,US Dollars,or Whatever Currency! ( Copping Out is Legally defined on Line . ) Under their Guarantee of Full Refund they themselves also agree legally to pay for postage return. So one must ask E Bay for Return Item,and then ask them to send you a Pre-Paid Postage Label. So you don`t take the hit on Postage,They Do! This Shipping Label is in PDF Format. Therefore you need to have an Acrobat Reader installed on your PC. These are Free to Download on Line. OK? So once Prepaid Postage Label is received , you can print it off. Stick it on your Package for Returning, and take it to the nearest Shop offering Collect +, and out where that is by using this Link://WWW.collectplus co.uk/orders/new_______ by entering your postal code.
The Label you stick on has a tracking number so you must write this down so you can track it. In any Event E Bay will also track the Return too,and right up to the guys front door, where it is signed for.
I always take a Photo of contents of package,then another after it has been packed for extra insurance. Some of these Crooks will use any trick in their books to claim damages. So I do not give them the option to claim anything from this little humble Fiddle Wood Gnome.

Have fun guys,and protect yourself from extra cost by taking my little bit of simple advice. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jul 2015, 08:51

Sorry guys,I missed out, Find: in find out where that is by using this Link ://WWW.collectplus co.uk
So now it will make sense. Beano Boy
Beano Boy  England

Return to General