Work in Progress

Henry`s Eight Sided Medieval Tower

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2015, 14:01

____________________________________ FOREWORD_________________________________________

Often is the case, I leave projects for quite a while unfinished due to what I like to term as myself having suffered a Mind Block! Much later I can, and do,come back with fresh ideas to have a stab at doing more work. Recently having seen my Topic: "Medieval Building " completely ruined by missing pictures not of my making,and a certain something way beyond my control,I decided to open this new tab,because it would be quite stupid placing this there.

_____________________________________________ So It Begins _________________________________________

Some of you might remember the Medieval Tower I made yonk`s ago?

"That means a Long Time Ago.Nearly as long as me getting this worm out of this page on Benno`s Figure Forum. Perhaps it is a new breed of internet bookworm? If it is ,does that make me a Free Range Antivirus Chicken ?"

Well, I have been Mixing Up ,Spash! Splash! My own Mixture of Wash! Water,black,brown,green,and dollops of PVA Glue all Wickedly Stirred Up! He,He,He! Yip! Time has arrived to give the near completed medieval walls of this place a Good Wash! On the stone floor a bag of Kiln Dried Sand for use on the base of this place.

Shown above are the battlements of the Tower it`s self. There are also two red bricks that will be painted over. As you can see a nosey Roman turned up to have a butchers at the work. ( A Look See! )What a cheek he just waltzed in without a care in the world. I will be fitting the huge Oak Door to this place if I can find it,to prevent further events like this happening. Next time he will need a Battering Ram!

These rather Posh Edwardains, turned up too,and were keen to find out more about this eight sided Tower and why it had been built. Of course they perfectly understood why King Henry agreed to let the structure be built ,as each side wall of the Tower represented a King Henry of England,from the first one to reign leading all the way up to King Henry the VIII Himself.Hidden symbols were placed upon the walls during the whole building process by Master Masons. They placed an easy one to see upon the steps leading to the great door entrance.
Concerning the history of this place it is indeed shrouded in deep mystery,and tales of long ago battles even one set in the near Future. These hard flint walls,just awaiting that moment in Time & Space to happen.

More cheek a couple of Romans upon those very steps.

So the first Waterproof Wash has gone on,and being made up as it was, means that if I want to add more lighter colour washes to differing area`s they will not react with this base colour. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 24 Apr 2015, 18:13

That tower looks fantastic! :shock: :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by santifernandez on 24 Apr 2015, 20:00

It looks great work on the tower and easy to mark the material you are using.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2015, 20:43

Thank you kindly guys it is always a pleasure to place stuff here. It was way back in November 2013 that I began scratch building this Medieval Tower. Now as I have to do some Sand Bases for other projects ,it made sense to continue on with this work too. The Tower is made from Paper Card & not Poly Styrene,and as I recall it took three months to detail all the work on the walls. Good news is my Mrs B Likes it too, and I was really careful with not overturning the Colour Wash. Well I made sure I used good old blu tac to fix it quite firm to my tiny dip and splash table. Another surprise is that this large Tower is also a storage box for nearly all my metal figures. I designed it so the top can be removed, and an inner floor lifts out easily giving extra storage space.Eventually it will be placed upon the Honeywell Layout on a bend along the river. It`s nice to see that Paul has made us another visit. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 24 Apr 2015, 21:05

Beano Boy wrote: It`s nice to see that Paul has made us another visit. BB

Paul is the ghost in your tower, Paul! One moment he's there, the other moment he's gone! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2015, 22:00

Well Peter, there is a green ghost that walks the Tower that's for sure,it showed up on a photo, and in broad daylight too. I will try and find it,but be warned it`s scary ,and even the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I shuddered in share fright,and called out to Mrs B, GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOST! BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by ADM on 27 Apr 2015, 00:48

Really nicely done, I enjoyed watching this work !
ADM  

Posted by PDA on 27 Apr 2015, 01:50

That's a beautiful piece of work, BB. You'd pay a lot of money in a shop for something half as good.
PDA  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 May 2015, 02:40

ADM and PDA,thanks guys your comments along with the others. Sorry for rather late reply.

To justify the size of this Tower,here is the storage space inside for my figures.

Bottom space revealed.

The floor is lowered into place. It fits snug and helps make a very strong structure.

It forms the second storage unit.

The Top goes on.

The steps are put in place.

The Roof section goes on.

Then the two Chimneys.

The Stairwell is put in its place

Its Roof is added, and that is simply the way it is assembled. I still need to make a Base for it, and add that missing door.

"That`s all Folks," the little fellow declares,as he raises his respectful hat. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 14 May 2015, 10:52

As said before this is a fantastic tower! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Work in Progress