Work in Progress

BFFFWP

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Feb 2015, 15:45

Sorry,I forgot to add the one Prussian Landwehr figure onto my List. ITALERI set.

I have a few buttons to touch up,and away they go to Jan.

One of the Caps worn by Prussian Landwehr Battalions.

Insight into History by BB : A picture of one of these Rag-Tag Battallions.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Zed1 on 21 Feb 2015, 15:29

Well - some final tuning is to be done, but basically, the first of mine is ready.

I chose to paint that old Esci guy in the colours of the light company, 59th foot rgt.

I tried to apply the 59 on the shako, but the result isn't very convincing. Mmph.

Next thing will be a Prussian hussar of the 3rd (Brandenburg) regiment.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Marvin on 22 Feb 2015, 00:30

Nice work!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2015, 16:10

Very good, Sascha. I am keen to see the hussar as well. Is there a special reason fot the 3rd regiment? Just nice to know, I think.
MABO  Europe

Posted by MABO on 22 Feb 2015, 16:19

In the meantime I have repainted the Dutch gun, after I get additional informations here. Now it looks like this:

The next figures I have painted are the Tirailleurs of the Young Guard. One figure is for the project. but like the Brunswick Figure (as well from Art Miniaturen) someone else can paint these figures, if he wants to. We will fix it at the end of February.

Btw: On the photo I saw that I have to paint the chinstraps :oops:

And: tata! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Martins Figures arrived here safely:

MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 Feb 2015, 12:52

Nice work Jan on both the Gun,and figures. I like Martins figures too. The AIRFIX Cuirassier,i could never fix,and get to stand up.So well done Martin for achieving that. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by MABO on 01 Mar 2015, 12:34

Here are the news today:
I have recieved the figures from Paul:

and

George:

Both have done a fine job in my eyes and I am happy to add them to the waiting figures in my treasure-box

So there are still some figures to have and to paint. In the next days I will contact all the painters who would like to do more than one, two or four figures. If there are friends out there thinking that they might join the BFFFWP do not wait to long to act...
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Mar 2015, 14:45

So good to see Jans figures all arrived safe and still intact.
The wonders of recycling bubble wrap!
I used so much on my package, I could well imagine it bouncing along like a Rugger Ball in the Royal Mail Sorting Office.
I have the Officer that goes with that AIRFIX Horse,painted or otherwise I could send him in. As for the Gun it looks well fit to give the other side a darn good pasting! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 02 Mar 2015, 10:28

Done! :-D

Buttons on the lancer? Nope! Last time I gave him buttons he first lost the buttons, then his trousers. And then ran around stark naked and there was ladies fainting andd all kind of chaos! And we can't have that! Can we? So it's body-stocking for him! No belts or whatever, everything printed on the stocking! The Airfix-guy is much more reliable so he got a few buttons. Are there any figures left? Old pic (well, a few days old. Before Santi took the ESCI).

Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Marvin on 02 Mar 2015, 19:50

Beano Boy wrote:So good to see Jans figures all arrived safe and still intact.
The wonders of recycling bubble wrap!
I used so much on my package, I could well imagine it bouncing along like a Rugger Ball in the Royal Mail Sorting Office.
I have the Officer that goes with that AIRFIX Horse,painted or otherwise I could send him in. As for the Gun it looks well fit to give the other side a darn good pasting! BB

I reckon the Royal Mail staff do drop-kick most of their packages in their "care" BB, so you're wise to bubble wrap like crazy! :-)
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Martin on 02 Mar 2015, 22:55

Jan,
I don't want to be a spoiler, but the Dutch gun is not a good one.
As BB said before, most of the guns came from the French period. Some others were Austrian ( the Southern Netherlands were a part of the protection of Austria before the French invaded).
A couple of years ago I was in the Dutch Artilley Museum (not fo far from Kampen, in the north part of the Veluwe area). In this museum they have a 6 pnd gun which was actually at Waterloo. And it is brown.
I asked there if they knew if all the guns were brown. They said that a good part was. The other part was olive-green like the French ones. And all the Dutch guns had twin beams, so all were like French or Austrian model.
I am sorry but your model has one beam and is British.
Also Plasticsoldierreview said the same thing in their review of the Waterloo1815 set of the Napoleonic Dutch/Belgian artillery.
I can send you a good one if you want. I have enough spare guns.
Martin  Netherlands

Posted by MABO on 02 Mar 2015, 23:46

Hello Martin,

thank you very much for this detailed information. I was sure that the color of the French Artillery was right. But You got the best available infos I think. If you like I really would be happy to get your gun for the project.

:scratch: :thumbup: :-D
MABO  Europe

Posted by Zed1 on 08 Mar 2015, 09:34

*ping* Here's another one.
Brandenburg hussar, ready for shipment.

Zed1  Germany

Posted by Greg77 on 08 Mar 2015, 09:56

well, my project aren't ready for shipment,
but I am workin' on 'em
I wish I could make better pics :oops:
the gunner uniform needs more "fine work", the piping isn't finnished
two gun barrel, I will pick the better.. painted with two different method, none is finnished one of them not even washed...
the box is optional ;-)
Greg77  Hungary

Posted by MABO on 08 Mar 2015, 11:09

Hello Greg, hello Sascha!

Very impressive updates! I like them very much and I am looking forward to have a personal view on them.

Here is another update:

The figures from Kurt arrived here during last week. I was not here so I can add the pictures a little late:

As you can imagine I have deep respect for painting the tartan of the piper! :drool: :love:

And as well here you can see another update from me as well:

I painted the Osteroder Landwehr from Art Miniaturen. Again three figures to get in a flow, but only one is for the project.

And I started painting the British Ensign:
MABO  Europe

Posted by Kekso on 10 Mar 2015, 15:51

Finally, something from me. First part of my modest contribution to this great project.

KGL light dragoon. Thank you Gunnar for this figure:

It isn't that glossy in real life
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 10 Mar 2015, 15:56

Nice to see all those figures!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 10 Mar 2015, 19:11

Hello Dalibor,

nice to see your first figure. For me it is very interesting to see the different painting-styles in the end.
MABO  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Mar 2015, 20:51

I agree with Jan, it is nice to see all the differing styles of painting now arriving , and those that will be finished soon and then sent in. The Call to Arms, Gun & Figure I painted were posted yesterday by Mrs B. So my little part played out in all this is at an end. I would just like to mention that although I am interested in seeing the whole thing taking shape i realise it to be Highly Top Secret! So I can wait to see the photos after the event has taken place.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 10 Mar 2015, 21:37

Lets wait and see... But, Paul, would you paint the Strelets French Infantry Advancing figure as well? Sorry again for being not precise in the other topic, because I misunderstood one of your posts...
MABO  Europe

Previous pageNext page

Return to Work in Progress