General

my quest for Bubble Gum figures

Posted by Dad's Army on 10 Oct 2014, 23:34

Well I don't put up my wish list anymore, but when I can get my hands on more I will buy them for sure. For the moment I have got out of stock for my romains, all painted now. Hope to find some new ones someday.
Personal I am not a Ebay buyer, but reading all the stories of Paul I am beginning to think of it now.... I feel like dancing already ;-)
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Oct 2014, 12:27

Remco, very nice of you to comment, these went for £10 recently plus £1.50p postage. I had no real interest in them so did not bid. However this is the very rear set containing the Shield and figures to hold that Fattix guy up,who is also included.So bargains are out there,but one has to find time just to look at all the listings on E Bay! ( There is never enough time! I need Neddy`s Time Machine! )

These ones are for sale on E Bay at this present time at £14.99 plus free postage. Concern raised by myself over the issue of contents and of the wrongly printed card on the Dargaud packets of the 1970`s has resulted in all listings being changed by Sellers who do not want bad feed back on E Bay.So this seller,( A recommended one by me) ,now states," Incomplete sets,not 10 in a pack but 7 figures and a rock boiler." So I helped sort that problem out for buyers who are interested in this odd plastic stuff!

The 28mm metal ones are now as rare as hens teeth,and my almost complete set has increased by four times the value that I paid for it. This situation caused by overgreedy Sellers world wide,and I never play their game. I am content to let the market price settle down before buying anything. As for myself I never trade and sell anything,so the value of what I have is unimportant to me. The main thing is these will all remain intact in my toy collection,and be they worth a simple Penny or a Pound. Eventually they will all be freely donated and end up in a Toy Museum.Well that is my little dream. Which I believe to be a good one. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Dad's Army on 11 Oct 2014, 12:44

Yeah Paul, you are right.
I always look to find them, and have most of the plastic set completed now I guess.
The metal range are really hard to find, so I keep my eyes open for them as well!!!
I don't sell or give a shit of what the figures are rare or not, just buy what I like for my painting desk.
But I don't want to buy stuff for to high prices, thats all ;-)
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Oct 2014, 13:57

Hi guys,The 1970`s Dargaud figures I recently became interested in because quite frankly I like them. First the Asterix range of plastic fun time figures,and way back in August of this year I was talking of the Dargaud`s figures of Lucky Luke. Well I have seen some over the past few weeks since then,but they wanted silly money for them and they were in very poor condition.I often wondered ,why not give up looking for them? Of course I did not.

I realise that the modern set is easy to obtain on Amazon and elsewhere ,but i having a head of sentimentality for the past,I just love the old stuff best. It is called ,Nostalgia, which comes from a Greek compound for meaning Homecoming.

Yesterday, I spotted these ,and wondered could I possibly win them in an Auction? Well I did and they went for a Song! A very nice reasonable fairprice, and one the seller from Portugal is very pleased with.The lady concerned sent me a very nice E-Mail.
They were sold as, used ,but are in a very good condition,and the figures are from the Yesteryear of 1973,and are based on the character`s in the 1971 Daisy Town Movie. So soon I will be very pleased to have them in the Dargaud Collection. They will all be painted,and in connection with "Nostalgia",I feel that these are Coming Home. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Oct 2014, 08:13

A while ago I posted this on the little blog. Since I didn't paint them I didn't put them here.

http://gataskog.blogspot.se/2014/08/old-stuff.html
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Dad's Army on 13 Oct 2014, 13:07

Cool set this is, I got a few of these as well..
3 of the 4 bandits, and looking for the missing one but don't know wich one this is cause they all look the same hahahaha
So if you could tel me how many cm each is, I can see who is missing...

seeing the whole collection makes me sad....
because I want them all now hahahaha
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Oct 2014, 13:56

Okay. Averell is about 4,5 cm, Jack 3,5 cm, William 3 cm and Joe is just over 2 cm. Something like that. From the brim of the hat to the feet.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Dad's Army on 13 Oct 2014, 13:58

Thanks, I will see who I got now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 14 Oct 2014, 02:33

Gunnar and Remco,nice of you to comment and chat about these tiny figures.
Way back in August of this year I traced the whereabouts of these figures,on a Vintage Toy Auction site,but not E Bay. They were listed as a complete set,but with my recent buy,this has proved that wrong ,because I have two more figures in my collection. Innocent Mistakes are often made in these matters both by Sellers and Buyers alike so no finger of blame is being pointed here at anyone.I now believe I will have the complete set when it arrives,but if anyone knows different would they kindly like to comment here,and or place a picture of the toy figures in question.Thank you in advance.

I have managed to buy another 55 plastic Asterix and Obelix figures. Many of them Roman soldiers with spears and swords,and plenty of Gaul`s and "Dogmatix "too. I had arranged the shipping cost well before the actual sale took place in case I won,so I knew it would be 12 Dollars US,but the actual amount I`d have to pay for the lot itself was ,and is always an unknown risk. ( He who dares Wins! )
Surprise! Surprise! The complete trade, including postage even though the Seller is based in Quebec,Quebec,Canada worked out at 12 p Sterling for each Bubble Gum Toy figure. Wow! I am overjoyed. I would say that even Remco, will be pleasantly surprised with this low price.

These are the figures above. When they do arrive,it will well worth breaking a brand new paint brush in by painting them all. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 14 Oct 2014, 23:40

Paul, if you are trying to make me jealous... Youre doing a great job here hahaha.
Man I love those buys I see here every time.
Maybee you can do my shopping, since you pick out my wanted figures for low prices!
Hahahaha
Well done here, love to see how you get such a big amount of them every time!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Oct 2014, 02:28

Hi guys,In the past few days I have had amazing good luck getting my little collection together, but there was no master plan played out in order to gain them.When I think back on it,if I had not cut my hand badly,I would have missed the opportunity to trade,because I would have done other stuff,and not spend extra time on Line. It is quite funny odd how things turn out sometimes. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Oct 2014, 00:04

I just watched,"Lucky Luke Daisy Town " the 1971 film cartoon on You Tube! Great Fun ,and a social statement concerning change for those who have eyes for it . Highly recommended Beano Boy
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Oct 2014, 15:10

THE FIRST ADVENTURE

Clip, Clop,Clippaty Clop!

Lucky Luke,has arrived,on my table today,but the Indian has very sad news to tell him.

The Indian Chief lay there all chewed up.
"Now that is quite a shame." Luke said as he arrived upon the scene. As he saluted a brave warrior the Officer with tears in his eyes and an arrow in his hat was stunned and lost for words. The Indians although choked up with grief agreed with each other,and asked ,"Please Beano Boy ,try and find us another Chief. The colour is unimportant. Please will you? " Of course his reply was " Yes,I will."

More and more of the figures arrived and they all thought,`Gulp! Gulp! That could have been me.`
The Undertakers Vulture began pecking at the remains as if it was his best ever Meal.

The Daltons sashayed upon the table,and lined up in their usual aggressive manner. "Does this mean our daily gunfight is postponed Lucky Luke?" The little gritty one asked in the voice of James Cagney!They all stood there grinding theit plastic false teeth. The red Mexican just snored his way through his endless sleep.

"Yip! I guess it does." Luke ,replied in the voice of Gary Cooper!

"OK!" they all replied,and really it seemed a reprieve to them all because they always lost out,and big time too. Today will not be a day to end up in jail after all. ( Lucky because I an`t got one BB )

Everyone all except three,agreed it was such a sad fate for a noble Indian Chief to meet his end,and the sleeping Mexican continued snoring and whistling while still upon his adventures in Dreamland!

Image The Undertaker and his burping half filled Vulture were as usual not sad at all.So that accounts for two,but what of the other one left ?

Meet number three,
Our Bella, the chief culprit in this whole afair, with ,` Butter will not melt in my mouth` look on her complete face of innocence.......................................Yes Bella has,Nashed me once again another casualty !

I have always been one to make a good thing from a bad one,and so this first adventure of Lucky Luke is at its end. I hope you liked it. Thanks for looking BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 18 Oct 2014, 17:46

WOW now I am realy jelous...
And seeing the end of this post, the best to do with these figures is sending them to me hahahaha

No serious cool set you have got there, now I want to buy them as well...
So have to make a ebay account, and lets see if there is a set left ;-)

You must be a verry happy man!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Peter on 18 Oct 2014, 19:01

You see? The dog also thinks that they are bubble gum! :mrgreen:

Nice post Paul! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Oct 2014, 20:53

Peter, that comment has made my day,I laughed aloud so much I near broke me rib`s. That is a classic Fun Time Remark. Remco,I have managed to find another Indian Chief ,I`m waiting to find out the shipping cost to Great Britain from France so I can pay. E Bay should send details to all Sellers world wide to include postage rates to all countries because if they don`t Buyers can`t pay for their items. This P`s me off,that I have to spend time dictating countless E Mails each week to sort this kind of mess out. Sorry I`ve had a bad day,but as in an Oxymoron!A Good Day too. Have fun guys see ya soon BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2014, 00:46

Very Good News

As you see I managed to find another Apache Indian Chief,so the two braves will have someone to oversee their adventures of which I`m sure there will be many. Of course I had to sweeten the pot a little to make the Seller eager to trade,and I insisted on a combinded postage,or come Friday my offer to buy would expire. Well that got things moving on quite quickly and I`ve just paid for them all. I must admit that I paid way over the odds for all the figures,but I needed to replace that chewed up Indian Chief. So Daisy town Table is filling up,and one day soon for a camera shoot,I must fetch out my toy wagons and Stagecoach from my collection of American Toys.

I am glad that I managed to obtain this Shootin Tooten-est Cowboy who`s name was listed as OMO ,and the horse too,which is a puzzlement to me.

More Bubble Gum figures Peter.This time way back from the year 1969.
Gosh! I had just turned 20 in that very same year.A birthday spent in the Rain Forests of Belize.

Daegaud, Asterix & Obelix figures

Above ASAAIVELLAUNOS Breton. Below a Druide

Egyptain Soldier above. A Roman Centurion below.

That is none other than Jules Ce`sar above. ( Name spelt as listed )

Thanks for looking and for taking interest,
and Remco that was a very funny E-Mail that you sent me. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2014, 10:53

The sound of tramping hob nailed plastic feet at the quick march could be heard well before the Roman Legionaries could be seen emerging from the forest. Yippy! They have arrived on BB`s table top.
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 20 Oct 2014, 13:29

Because this is dealing with buying metal figures on line,I have placed this here.

mikenicholson40 a Seller on E Bay ripped me off,by not sending items that I had paid for on the 28mm metal range of figures. He is no longer allowed to trade on E Bay,and if he tries to sell my property on line I will fall on him like a legal ton of brick`s! His IP address will be recognized if he tries to open up for business again on E Bay. I feel by taking action, I have helped take a Paricite off line so have helped protect others from being cheated by him. FiddleWood Gnomes are not to be trifled with. Stay safe guys and have happy trading fun. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Dad's Army on 20 Oct 2014, 21:21

A shame those guys are on the internet Paul.
This is just what stops me to respond on such a trade...
I hope you didn't lost to much on it....

And the other pictures.... ARRRR, I guess I am going to hate you, hahaha
The blue figure of Ceasar is new to me, great!!
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Previous pageNext page

Return to General