Miniatures News

Own Production (OP)...!

Posted by Michel on 16 Oct 2012, 06:14

Today I would like to introduce an idea which to us, Dirk, Bookman, Phalanx and me occupies for a long time!
I ask Alex to make figures , for my or our projects during the last 4 years and he has made Masterpieces for us!
Because I get inquiries because for these figures over and over again, we have decided, them under the name OP, Own Production, to sell to offer!
Here, for example, the newest figures which we have got for the museum project "Calvinists in Frankenthal"!
...and a Hannibal is also available!
Pictures follows as soon as possible!!!!
We want to use the complete Profit for the next Projects (Master and Production)!!!!
The next Project are some Landsquenets, which Alex made for me in the last Years...!
I collect them and now we have enough Figures for a Set...
...maybe 1 Figure more?!

The Price per Figure will between 2,50€ to 3€...!

We have much more plans and If anybody is interested in buying these Figures, please contact me!!!!
In another Thread we collect Ideas and if anybody is interested, there´s no Problem to come in in our Project!!!!

...and it´s also interesting for private Modelleurs, so we have contact to Manufactors which make alsoo small series!!!

If anybody have Questions, please ask...!
Michel  Germany

Posted by Alois Nebel on 16 Oct 2012, 06:18

Excellent idea and very interesting prices !!!!

V.
Alois Nebel  Czech Republic

Posted by Dad's Army on 16 Oct 2012, 07:02

Good idea, want them all :love:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Oct 2012, 09:50

Are there two Michel there? Wonderful figures and great that you sell them so more can get them! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Paul on 16 Oct 2012, 10:24

Business? Advertising product??
Paul  China

Posted by Michel on 16 Oct 2012, 10:43

Business, Paul...!
For our next Projects... :thumbup:
If anybody wants the Figures, please contact me with PM...!
Michel  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 16 Oct 2012, 11:41

Michel wrote:Business, Paul...!
For our next Projects... :thumbup:
If anybody wants the Figures, please contact me with PM...!

I want them all to, but when it is business then counts what is written in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9236

I also would like to know the opinion of Alex in this matter. He's the sculpter of these figures, so he might have copyright, isn't it?

Play it safe and clear this out please!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by zzed on 16 Oct 2012, 11:47

hi Peter,

I believe that Michel is doing this in a cooperation with Alex.

As for the advertising, I suggest that we allow the guys some initial success in order to push these lovely projects. So far Alex's wonderful sculpts were for the most part completely unavailable to us.

Afterwards Michel can contribute something, it will never be to late.

I'm sure that Benno and Remco will support these projects.

So my proposal is let the things up and running at this stage.

After all, we can see in galeries a hundreds of established manufacturers sets, Zvezda's, Italerie's, Hat's and others, but I suppose they didn't contribute anything so far. Although many sales were executed upon painted sets lovely presentation here. :-)

I'm not trying to offend anybody here, honest, no hidden meaning, and I know that we are all thinking similar.
zzed  Croatia

Posted by Michel on 16 Oct 2012, 12:14

As Zoran writes, it is not our intention to earn money with the figures!
We want to get back the deposit, so that we can fund the next projects!
In principle, it is then are projects by and for Benno's members in the forum!
Not only for me and my colleagues!
So many members have the chance to get the great Alex figures or figures from other modelers.
It is also so designed that other modellers have the ability to produce over us in this forum and its figures for Sale!
We provide, for example, a producer of miniatures!

If that is too complicated or is not desired, I set up this project, because I want to stay out of trouble!
Michel  Germany

Posted by Alex on 16 Oct 2012, 12:34

Peter - thanks for the courtesy. My answer - I will always support Michael, my friend.
Alex  Russia

Posted by zzed on 16 Oct 2012, 12:36

I believe that we are intelligent people, everything can be sorted out along the way

nobody should be too touchy, we are friends, at least I think so

as for the critique put towards the established manufacturers, I want to somewhat exclude Hat, beacause I think they would participate, probably Strelet's as well, but nobody suggested them such thing
however, the rest seem to be ignorant and arrogant, which is much of the same, as pathetic as it is
zzed  Croatia

Posted by Andreas on 16 Oct 2012, 13:13

A very good Idea :thumbup:
If the aim is to get more excellent Miniatures for the Collectors it is no Problem to earn Money with it ( my Opinion )
It can be used to do more Masters ;-)
Andreas  Germany

Posted by Bookman on 16 Oct 2012, 17:05

A great idea and I hope that we can find the energy to keep it alive. Some wise and clever heads are really all want the same thing, nice figures.

I am one of them!

http://bookman-miniaturen.blogspot.de/
Bookman  Germany

Posted by Peter on 16 Oct 2012, 17:29

I've been reading the posts a couple of times now. If I get this right, there will be a one time insert of money in this project. The figures will be sold on production price, just to get the money back, and be used to produce a new set of figures, and so on. No profit will be made! That's what I'm reading, right? If this is how it's going to be I have no problems with this procedure.

Strange thing here, is that I have seen this idea launched in another topic, and that the one who launched it, is not involved in this project :?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12355
His own choice or "Damn, we forgot to ask him!"

We provide, for example, a producer of miniatures!

A producer of miniatures? Or must I read a seller of miniatures? If he's a seller, this means that there will be less figures/sets for the members of this forum. Just my 5 cents!

@Zoran: sure we are all friends. And I don't want to offend someone. But I want that everything goes fair here.

@Alex: thanks for the answer! :thumbup:

PS: Let me be very clear here: I like the idea, and I'm interested in this kind or other figures (I've seen that other topic on this issue). And I'm a friendly guy, who you can talk with. And I can listen to :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by zzed on 16 Oct 2012, 18:55

Peter wrote:..Strange thing here, is that I have seen this idea launched in another topic, and that the one who launched it, is not involved in this project :?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12355
His own choice or "Damn, we forgot to ask him!"..

well, I can't see any collision between these two or any other similar project, like set of civilians-workers etc.
Paul is free to participate as anybody else, and is welcomed and in fact badly needed for further support, being a man who gets things done.
I'm also interested in his idea.

I think that we all need a good solution in how to get Alex's, Erik's, Leon's and others beautiful sculpts at the most acceptable price and, even more importantly, in the best possible quality.
This could be one united project or there can be several similar projects.

Only thing which I suggest is that there is no need to contribute for advertising here before anything even started. Such policy would be like my own country's, which is desperately looking for investors and instead of support, for a start is asking money for licenses and public services :lol: . Well, we are not all like our public officials, they are leftover from our unwanted communist past, not selected as best, but appointed amongst worst.
Let's get things go, any of these great ideas, and if something hopefully succeed it is no problem that some contribution can be donated to this forum, retroactively if you want.

Let any of these ideas succeed :cheers:

yes, I badly want Alex's - and others - sculpts :lol:

btw, as for the suggested name of the project/company/Corporation, I'm afraid that there is already one with the same or very similar naming, started some 3 years ago by one member, Jetouche, correct me if I'm wrong
zzed  Croatia

Posted by Michel on 16 Oct 2012, 19:00

I do not quite understand what the problem is!
Only for understanding ...
1 master normally costs between 80-100 €!
50 casts in resin € 30
Together about 110 - 130 €
As does the figure costs already 2.20€ - 2.60€
Then I must sell all the Figures, and can not take 1 for myself!
... and we will not sell once determined 20 figures, although here all rejoice always, when new pictures showed!
Is this fair? ...
We want to make special characters accessible to all!
That is our Target!
Then, if something more is left, which is re-invested in characters!

I meant, for example, the manufacturer shilling Miniatures, which can make the mold and the casting!
This should to be for Modellers who build up the Figures, but do not have a caster ...!
We want to put them together and finance e.g. mold making and production of the copies!
The figures are sold through OP, the modellers gets his Honorar, figures or money, and also the producer gets his reward!
The rest is coming back into the Project-Bank!

Paul who initiated the topic, and we talked about it in Heiden and he has supported us!
He will also write a comment in this Topic...!!
Michel  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by KenzoSato on 16 Oct 2012, 19:34

:thumbup:
KenzoSato  Italy

Posted by mickey mouse on 16 Oct 2012, 19:57

what will be the costs of one set of figures?

mickey
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by David O'Brien on 16 Oct 2012, 22:05

A tangled web we weave.

Anyway nice sculpts
the first pic looks like Henry VIII

This full size mannequin is in Portland Castle, Dorset an English heritage property
David
David O'Brien  

Posted by dirk on 17 Oct 2012, 12:35

I think that now where everything is clear.
As Michel has said, we want to do with this project, no profit. We just want the money back to use for new projects.
Let us look at just what the future will bring. ;-)
dirk  Germany

Next page

Return to Miniatures News