Officers Mess

Why ??

Posted by SamSagace on 25 Mar 2020, 10:41

I would like to know the reason why for this post, the comments are locked ?
And also why there is no mention of the reason and of this locking ...

Looks strange ... talking about an international problem in an international forum must be allowed in my opinion ... or the post "it's a laugh" for example must be closed too.

That's said ... and I will not be sorry if someone thinks that my post is not politically correct ...

Sam but
Pascal in real life and pandemic is real life ...
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Susofrick on 25 Mar 2020, 11:03

Agree with Pascal.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Dad's Army on 25 Mar 2020, 11:21

Sorry but I did lock the post and din't delete so everyone can read, locked because of the corona is taking over whole internet at this moment.
We would like the forum as a place people can go to for the hobby and fun! Thinking of something else.
At this moment the whole internet is full of corona, and yes we are aware that also members of our group wil be infected, and our toughst are with them, even our own meeting FIGZ maybe can't be held, we keep our fingers crossed.

Hope this statement is clear, for all kind of corona things there are other places (like facebook) to write your things, some make jokes (this is not fun for those who got the ilness or family) .

Let's keep the forum corona free, and make fun here, and hope stay at home painting figures saves lives.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and my bad English...

Remco aka Dad's Army
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by SamSagace on 25 Mar 2020, 11:46

Dad's Army wrote:Sorry but I did lock the post and din't delete so everyone can read, locked because of the corona is taking over whole internet at this moment.
We would like the forum as a place people can go to for the hobby and fun! Thinking of something else.
At this moment the whole internet is full of corona, and yes we are aware that also members of our group wil be infected, and our toughst are with them, even our own meeting FIGZ maybe can't be held, we keep our fingers crossed.

Hope this statement is clear, for all kind of corona things there are other places (like facebook) to write your things, some make jokes (this is not fun for those who got the ilness or family) .

Let's keep the forum corona free, and make fun here, and hope stay at home painting figures saves lives.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and my bad English...

Remco aka Dad's Army

I can understand that, Remco, but it would be correct to post this comment before closing the not invading BB's post: he just talk about his own (real) life ...
And why it's not the same for "it's a laugh " ??? the internet is full of those pictures, memes etc...

The covid is not funny, I agree, sometimes we need to laugh a little... sometimes we need to be serious, I can do both without problem.
Everybody here on this forum need to be informed about the reason of the locking, but not by me !
That's your responsibility ...

and ... well, your english is very good : I've understood what you have to say ! :-D

Take care of you and your family... that's what I'm doing ...
Pascal
SamSagace  France

Posted by Dad's Army on 25 Mar 2020, 12:01

Agree, sorry again.

Now let's paint :mrgreen: !
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by SamSagace on 25 Mar 2020, 12:07

Dad's Army wrote:Agree, sorry again.

Now let's paint :mrgreen: !

Don't be sorry Remco, I just think that our dear Paul has been very depicted and is sad...
And of course, I will paint ! that's also what we are needing and why we are on Benno's forum !

Pascal
SamSagace  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sansovino on 25 Mar 2020, 13:44

Sorry, I had much work to do and health problems in the last months, why I wasn´t active in the forum, but I read very often all posts

I understand Dad´s army, but to loose members like Beano Boy seems me a too high prize for inflexible principles. Many members of our forum are old and have to live probably some months in quarantaine, Our forum is now more than ever before for them and us an important door to the world. And unfortunatly Corona became a part of this world, why they want so talk also here on this theme.
To declare a ban on this theme doesn´t seem to be an appropiate solution, sorry. Bennos Figure Forum doesn´t have a Facebook account why I can understand that some members want to talk on Corona and theirs lifes in our forum. The situation is extraordinary which should made also possible extraordinary decisions.
Therefore I ask for an exception from the rule. We have stand together and not divided....
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 25 Mar 2020, 14:16

Sansovino says it very well
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Dad's Army on 25 Mar 2020, 14:44

Like said before, this is a place for fun, and if people want to talk about corona it's okay but please not here.

In several post people react with a corona sentince as well, will don't do anithing about that!
It is not my meaning to get guys off our forum, I see Paul also as a personal friend, and don't want to loose him here.The same for all the others.
And I am alone as well, isolated from family and GF, and hate like all this virus... So I feel lonely as well!

And yes we got other simulair post here, but the corona issiue is getting so big it's all over internet.
You can PM an mail each other (like some do to me as well, but please keep the forum free of corona.

I know not everybody does agree, that's the problem with so much members in one place.
I made a mistake to say why i did lock that topic, and said sorry about that.

Hope is clear now, got your point!

Thanks and sorry
Remco
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by SamSagace on 25 Mar 2020, 15:40

Ok Remco ... I think that each one here is able to understand this point of view.
But I'm sorry : if you lock Paul's post, you do the same with "It's a laugh" or ban all "corona discussions, pictures ... " .
Each one here is able to understand this decision, isn't it ?
SamSagace  France

Posted by Dad's Army on 25 Mar 2020, 15:55

Like said before only about corona, yes there are more post in the officers mess about other shit, but NOT CORONA!!!

End discussion.

Last reaction, topic closed
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Return to Officers Mess