Officers Mess

Wild Fires

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jan 2020, 12:21

i sincerely hope all our Australian Members are both safe and well at this present time of this posting. i have been monitoring the Australian News from down under for ages it seems,as i have wide spread family members and friends in Oz,as i often affectionately term it these days.

If Members of this Forum,would like to let us know how they are faring during this rather dangerous and difficult time. Give us a shout.
It is always good to communicate ones feelings at any time ,day or night.

As a Veteran i have experienced the results of wild fires myself in my younger days of service.

From the Evergreen Gardens of our part of Fiddle Wood UK,i hope you and yours are safe. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 06 Jan 2020, 19:43

OK here Paul.

We had fires to the North and South of us and it was very hot, dry and smoky but after heavy rain around Christmas time things have eased off here for now. Where I live I sometimes have to watch out for flooding but bushfires aren't a problem. I suspect it was a more worrying time for Donald a few weeks ago though.

I have relatives in both Batemans Bay and Gipsland were the fires are at their worst at the moment. My cousin in Batemans Bay is in Britain so she's safe but I spoke to her daughter who said she'd been evacuated to the beach twice and expected to be evacuated again on the Saturday. She said the car was packed and she wouldn't hesitate to leave which is good.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Jan 2020, 21:06

Very good to read that you are OK Graeme. :thumbup:
Even though i am over 12.000 miles away on the other side of the Earth from Oz,i kind`da felt reaching out during these awful troublesome days was well worth the effort of typing. Why so? Simply because i care.
So i still hope other Members in our little community are safe and well.
Like i mentioned before give us a shout, perhaps even a private e-mail if you would like to. ......................... May you and yours keep safe. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Officers Mess