Officers Mess

tinypics

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Jul 2019, 15:12

tinypics is closing down this year 2019 . BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jul 2019, 02:33

i rescued all of my pictures before this plug is pulled by photbucket who own tinypics. If you have files stored there i suggest you remove them before they are lost. Above is the official notice posted at tinypics. Have fun .BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Graeme on 18 Jul 2019, 03:54

Thanks for the tip off Paul. I have a couple of pictures hosted there but the originals should be stored on my computer still.

Interesting that they cite lack of advertising revenue as the reason, I always found it nearly impossible to use the service because there were so many advertising videos on the site jamming up my computer memory. Sometimes I had to try for a couple of days to upload a photo. Can't say I'm going to miss them.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jul 2019, 16:28

Thanks for commenting Graeme, :thumbup: when they pull out the plug from their mainframe computer all the photographs placed there upon such a fragile cloud will disappear world wide, Before that happens i am copying all my tinypics photographs that i have placed here upon my really early topics. So i retain good back up files if and when i need them again.

If members have tinypics photographs free posted here, and do not have them on p c file anymore. I would urge copying those pictures like i have.

Likewise if members topics have photobucket ghostly overlaid over their pictures, by clicking onto them will take you to a clear picture on photobucket. Then copy the picture from there and plonk it on your pc files, if they have value to them for you.

All this is sound advice freely given to avoid even more desolation upon this Forum i love.
Remember guys one cannot copy from the complete unoccupied empty space of void?

So roll out the guns, and let us board those pirate ships and take back that which is ours. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jul 2019, 18:47

:read: A HA ! They are gone. :cowboy: Good Riddance. :winky: By far,to late. :sst: bb,saved so many from the void.
:wave: Honey Well will return. :mrgreen: Ya! with brand new Loco`s spinning by. :oops: Ought we hold a wake?
:eh: Eh! What has happened? :drool: :shock: O`, No! Wingnut is awake. :eh: That ain`t funny.

:coffee: New Horizons Lay Ahead. BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Officers Mess