Officers Mess

The Pond at Fiddle Wood

Posted by Beano Boy on 24 Apr 2019, 17:38

Yesterday and today saw myself and my dear Mrs B, out in one of our small gardens dredging smelly silt out of our pond. Being four and a half feet deep from its surface the deepest part was very hard work for us,as we took turn`s with our largest longest fish net to fish the black stuff out and then plonk it onto the garden where our friendly Robins picked it over eating the water creatures.

Being 20 years old this large pond has had a darn good spring clean,but the well established plants have been left as they are, and where they are as their growing season is well under way now. Lots of water has been piped into the pond,and letting it overflow into other surrounding area`s of the garden has certainly helped clear it too.

Four years ago the City Council sprayed weed killer in and around the court yard where we live , that killed all our Koi Carp ,Gold Fish and lots of their offspring. So since that time it has become just a wildlife pound.

However with the recent plague of Mosquitos biting Mrs B,very badly every time she ventures out to do some gardening, we determined to counter their attacks by restocking the pond with two to three inch Gold Fish.
So 22 little fishes will arrive next week on the Thursday by Delivery via E Bay,which we are quite excited about.. I have grave concerns about this type of trading but have no longer a choice upon the matter. However I looked into it and orders are sent out the night before the delivery date. So I`ll keep you posted concerning this new trading scheme. OK?

Mosquitos never seem to bite me,i never could fathom the why of that? ;-)
Even when in the Jungle 50 years ago I never seemed to get bitten half as bad as the others. I therefore guess biting a BB is not good for flying critters. Sure I got stung from those painful pests that have to wear the same t shirt all their live long days,but then who hasn't ?

:coffee: This will come as no complete surprise to most of you guys,`i blew all the fuses in our home when plugging into the mains once more our very large garden pond pump.' :mrgreen: Yes BB, overloaded the circuit board. BANG!

:coffee: it all makes life that little bit different from normal, and all in all it was just one part of our early spring adventure. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Officers Mess