Officers Mess

Russia 2018

Posted by Wiking on 06 Jul 2018, 21:14

Congratulation to the Belgian.

They run.
They fight with enthusiasm.
(After running and missing the too fast football Lukaku hit with his hands on the wall, was angry not to reach it.)
They play like a team, and win !
Wiking  Germany

Posted by MABO on 06 Jul 2018, 22:38

And what I like most: The crybabies Ronaldo and Neymar are out! :yeah:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 07 Jul 2018, 09:49

Yes, a fine performance from Belgium and against a very good Brazil team who had a lot of good scoring chances. Also they did it without a lot of shirt pulling, Sumo wrestling and ham acting. I think they had a very good game against a very good Japan team In the last round too.

MABO wrote:And what I like most: The crybabies Ronaldo and Neymar are out! :yeah:

After the mexico game someone on the internet asked if Neymar rolls around in agony like that when he gets tattooed. I thought that was funny. I just heard they've counted the amount of time he spent on the ground pretending to be injured, 14 minutes. :shock: How many goals can a world class striker score in 14 minutes?
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bluefalchion on 07 Jul 2018, 16:26

Hindsight is 20/20, but Tite should have benched Neymar. He was making the Brazilian side all about himself and trying to do too much.

Their strength is attacking as a group, not having one flashy player take all the chances and try to get all the glory.

And the faked injuries were downright farcical. Imagine LeBron James or Tom Brady or Michael Jordan pretending to be injured. Those champions don't have time for such antics because they played with total focus on dominating and defeating the opponent.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 08 Jul 2018, 10:54

:beer: :beer:

Thank you guys! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Wiking on 09 Jul 2018, 15:59

Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 11 Jul 2018, 21:46

Don't get to drunk before sunday Dali! ;-)

Congrats buddy! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 11 Jul 2018, 22:50

Thanks Peter. I still have 2 days to work, so no (too much) alcohol for me :xd: Honestly, I thought we would play with Belgium for the 3rd place.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Graeme on 11 Jul 2018, 23:07

As an England fan I have to say that that game was won by the team that really looked like they wanted to play and wanted to win for the WHOLE of the game. And that's the way it should be. Congratulations Croatia and good luck for the final. :yeah:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Emperor on 13 Jul 2018, 12:54

Things are pretty much different on field than on screen...The pressure is too big on players when they see thousand of viewers on stadion...
Emperor  

Posted by Wiking on 14 Jul 2018, 05:31

For the third place I have no preference. Both teams have shown us great soccer.

I hope for Croatia. No world cup title till now. Would be the first east European nation with that title.
The reality told me that France will get it, or?
This World cup is full of unexpected results for me. Several "big" nations are not qualified. Early "game over" for several big others.

Hope for an nice and interesting final.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Graeme on 14 Jul 2018, 14:58

I just hope England play the way they have for most of this tournament. Accurate passing along the ground, going forward and creating chances. Some of you may wonder why we're all going so crazy over this but it is exactly what has been missing. I thought they lost a bit of belief in themselves in the semi, or were rattled by Croatia's relentless pressing, but there were too many of the old aimless long balls.

If they're beaten by a better team here tonight that's fine, I firmly believe the best team should win but I'll be happy if England go out there and try to be that best team. And, of course, if they actually are the best team I'll be even happier. :-)

Belgium have been great, I've really enjoyed watching them and, to be honest, I thought they were on the way to the final. Good luck to them. If both teams play the way they can this could be a very good game which I might watch with the aid of a pint of Tetley's and some Cheshire cheese. :beer: :tongue:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Graeme on 14 Jul 2018, 17:45

Graeme wrote:If both teams play the way they can this could be a very good game

What did I tell you? Great game, I think both teams gave their fans something they can feel proud of.

Congratulations to Belgium, two good goals and what a player Kevin De Bruyner is. :yeah:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bluefalchion on 14 Jul 2018, 19:44

England had a great tourney but weren't quite up to the quality of the very top teams.

That save by the Beigian fullback after the goalie was beaten was a real game changer.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Graeme on 15 Jul 2018, 05:06

Awesome save on the line.

I look forward to seeing this Belgium team playing in the Premier League this coming season, I have to say I recognised more of them than the England squad.
Graeme  Australia

Return to Officers Mess