Officers Mess

Image hosting

Posted by C M Dodson on 10 Jul 2017, 11:51

Hello.

Many thanks again to Paul for sorting out a fix for the fiends at Photobucket.

However, I am looking for a more reliable hosting and forum sharing site before I plough through my project reposting it.

Do the members have a reliable site preference where uploading is simple, not plagued with pop up adverts and the like. I would prefer it to be free of course.

I will probably end up creating my own site but I do like Bennoes especially and would love to continue to be able to post without threats from the hosting sites.

I have gone through the Internet recommendations but what do you guys think?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Jul 2017, 12:31

Hi There, C M Dodson,
Just click on my picture,it will take you to photoimage a free site. Click on upload,then your pics. click on your picture for upload, instant upload,
then go to the hot forum box and copy it.
Post it on the forum. :-D
If you want your pictures on file there that you can access you must register. If not just use it.:-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Jul 2017, 12:58

Post Script,
For all you guys in a muddle with not being able to post free pictures, i just want to add that
I have used this site for over 9 months since Photobucket restricted use of my stuff. In my case i preferred to support the Forum monthly with a little cash,rather than pay blackmail for 3rd party posting.

Chit chat, ;-)
The storm i have been half expecting has not rolled in yet,
but by the look of the storm clouds gathering i think it is about due.BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by FredG on 10 Jul 2017, 16:14

I've been using Flickr for many years. Usage is free but if you want to have access to the photos for editing it's only the last 200 you can access. All the photos still can be seen on the sites you post them, that is unlimited
You have to pay if you want to access more. ( or open up more accounts and only post 200 in each).
FredG  United Kingdom

Return to Officers Mess