Officers Mess

Photobucket?

Posted by Cryns on 02 Jul 2017, 16:36

Hellboy wrote:At the moment, it is not possible to edit old posts later. Will it be possible - if only for a short time - to update image links in old posts?

WELL SAID HELLBOY, WELL SAID!!
Thanks for this most wanted proposal. :notworthy:

Thats the biggest disadvantage of this very forum: there is no way to make any corrections at all for the ordinary members. I feel discriminated :mrgreen:
Its not possible to re-organize my maps and submaps in Photobucket because links get lost as soon as I try to. Not possible to change from one hosting page to another like Hellboys wants to. Not to correct linguistic mistakes while the Brexiteers in this forum can make jokes about our poor English :mrgreen: and also its not possible to keep our privacy: moderators don't want to remove my real name once it was written by other members in old posts because it cost them too much time but at the same time they give me no tool to do it myself :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PLEASE GIVE US SOVEREIGNTY OVER OUR OWN THREADS
FREE THE ORDINARY MEMBERS FROM THEIR IRON CHAINS.
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jul 2017, 17:12

You guys beefing about the running of this Forum again,
can have total control of your work by Blogging.
One owns a Blog,can delete comments,block spammers,
update and change work when required.
If you want complete control of your writing topics,
pictures and names that is it in a nut shell.
It is also Free. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Hellboy on 02 Jul 2017, 17:15

I have to apologize. I'm doing a little test here. :oops:

The hosting at 1und1 folds excellently ... I chose the starter package.

https://hosting.1und1.de/webhosting?gclid=CKDq0vT_6tQCFYEKGwodSSQKzw&ar=1&ac=OM.PU.PUo41K356092T7073a&gclsrc=ds

It all went very fast now. Own domain, 50 GB storage space, low price and all in no more than 30 Min. Attached a picture of the new domain.

By the way, have you found a new location for your pictures? There is still enough disk space available. 50 GB is more than enough! Interest? I'm not quite sure how we can do that? Let's see ... there must be a way!

To hell with photobucket :mrgreen:

have fun :-D

Hellboy
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 02 Jul 2017, 17:34

Hellboy wrote:This will be too much work for the administrators.

Exactly... way too much for just few of us :sweatdrop:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Hellboy on 02 Jul 2017, 17:50

Kekso wrote:
Exactly... way too much for just few of us :sweatdrop:

But which way could be a solution .... ????? Do you have any idea? I very much hope that we can get some change together!!!!!
  • Cryns likes this post.   •  
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Paul on 02 Jul 2017, 18:01

Hellboy wrote:But which way could be a solution .... ????? Do you have any idea? I very much hope that we can get some change together!!!!!

Hopefully PB will back off. They are getting a lot of flack from users at the present.
If they don´t, then some sort of solution to the downed links will have to be found but calls to Change the way the Forum is run/set up won´t help.
Further
Maybe one or two should have read the Terms of use before starting to throw Insults about and shouting
terms-of-use.php
Paul  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by FredG on 02 Jul 2017, 18:16

Mr. Cryns wrote:
PLEASE GIVE US SOVEREIGNTY OVER OUR OWN THREADS
FREE THE ORDINARY MEMBERS FROM THEIR IRON CHAINS.

There you go Mr Cryns.

https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

A free forum and free photo hosting too. Sell those chains to China as scrap :-D
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jul 2017, 19:22

Gee! I like that FredG. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Let these guys go sink their own boat and leave Benno`s Figures Forum, afloat. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FredG on 02 Jul 2017, 19:25

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Hellboy on 03 Jul 2017, 06:24

Paul wrote:Hopefully PB will back off. They are getting a lot of flack from users at the present.
If they don´t, then some sort of solution to the downed links will have to be found but calls to Change the way the Forum is run/set up won´t help.
Further
Maybe one or two should have read the Terms of use before starting to throw Insults about and shouting
terms-of-use.php

Insult????? I??????? Then someone has misunderstood something here! I just want to help .... And I've read the usage rules.

But here is a small emergency. Why not make an exception for a short time until the problems are fixed?

If, however, no one is interested in solving the problem, we leave it as it is now. Is me also right ..... and I save myself a lot of work. Let it be! :-D
  • Cryns likes this post.   •  
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Paul on 03 Jul 2017, 16:37

Hellboy wrote:Insult????? I??????? Then someone has misunderstood something here! I just want to help .... And I've read the usage rules.

It wasn´t directed at you. What you wrote was concerned with the Situation and perfectly reasonable.

Hellboy wrote:But here is a small emergency. Why not make an exception for a short time until the problems are fixed?

Open the threads? The only one who could possibly do that is the Admin, ie Benno. I can imagine it wouldn´t be that easy. It might lead to People being able to edit all and everyone´s Posts...and seeing there´s a large possibility there are sleeping Spammers /trolls registered as members it could lead to a lot more damage than just lost Picture links.

Hellboy wrote:If, however, no one is interested in solving the problem, we leave it as it is now. Is me also right ..... and I save myself a lot of work. Let it be! :-D

I reckon everyone affected is interested in a solution, TBH, I haven´t checked that far back to see if they are showing but some of my older pics were hosted only on FB..shame if they are gone but at the Moment I can´t really do anything about it.
Strangely, I´ve seen PB linked pics which are clearly visible on other sites. Why theirs Show and others not ? It could be they have not uploaded enough pics to get PB interested to demand cash at the Moment or they have been overlooked.
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Jul 2017, 17:17

Well very nice of P B,to re-activate my tinypics account after 8 months.
So via that here`s a couple of cool ones.
It feels like a special opp`s moment. :mrgreen: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by FredG on 03 Jul 2017, 18:35

Nice one BB. I'll drink to that :P
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 03 Jul 2017, 19:44

You can all take a google account, make a blog and you have free space to place your pictures. And the blog is not needed, just the google account is enough.

@Frank: it is not possible for us to open post so members can change their post as a moderator. Only admin can do that and then he has to open it for the whole forum. In the past it was possible but some members who wanted to leave the forum where making a mess of their own posts, so that we had to delete the whole topic. That's why we have this security now. We can help replacing codes when we are asked for it friendly.

@Mr Cryns: what I suggest is that you google "Mr Cryns" and have a look at the result. You will see how anonymous you are with this username. If you would had used your first name you wouldn't have this problems. PS: I know at least one other place where your full name can be seen (hobbywise) and I don't see complains from you there. So please stop these noncense about changing your name.
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by MABO on 03 Jul 2017, 21:00

Peter wrote:it is not possible for us to open post so members can change their post as a moderator. Only admin can do that and then he has to open it for the whole forum. In the past it was possible but some members who wanted to leave the forum where making a mess of their own posts, so that we had to delete the whole topic. That's why we have this security now. We can help replacing codes when we are asked for it friendly.

But, Peter, I think you can not deal with all the links, that the people here lost because of PB or other hosts. That is impossible and the Moderators are not "working" here as in a full time job. Asked friendly or not I personally would not even think about asking one of you.

So I would say: We have a lot of different ideas how to deal with hosting pictures in the future. And we know as well, we will not get back all the links for free, I think. So I have learned, to look for another solution. For me the discussion has come to and end. I know what is going on. Thanks, Paul, for the explanation and the links and a lot of other members for suggestions.
  • Hellboy likes this post.   •  
MABO  Europe

Posted by Hellboy on 04 Jul 2017, 06:39

Peter wrote:You can all take a google account, make a blog and you have free space to place your pictures. And the blog is not needed, just the google account is enough.

Hi Peter!

Thank you for your comment. But unfortunately my offer was totally misunderstood. :( I had no forum or blog planned. The idea was for some of us, maybe 5, maybe 10 maybe more of us Benno's figures forum - users to find a safe, performate and expandable location for image files. Let's call it private photo hosting. After the experience with Photobucket but not surprising - or?

Crazy idea? Maybe. Impossible idea? No. I've tested the idea with a friend. Easy in the application, time expenditure for users and admin low. For sure. Costs low. By the way, I would have taken over the costs.

But look at the reactions! Funny! Today I see that it was a stupid idea to suggest this offer here at all.

However, I am not annoyed. I find such thought-sports tasks rather exciting. Learned a lot again. Had a lot of fun with the friend! What could I want more???

don't worry be happy .... :-D

Many greetings
Frank
Hellboy  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 04 Jul 2017, 07:38

Mr. Cryns wrote:WELL SAID HELLBOY, WELL SAID!!

I think there's no reason for shouting... especially that "loud"
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Cryns on 04 Jul 2017, 10:58

Well sorry for shouting that loud in this most alarming moment in the history of this Forum. I tried to write my opinion in a tone somewhere between humorous and making a serious point, trying not to insult any of you with it.
But people feel insulted anyhow so I better switch back to serious words only.

Peter, you really annoyed me with your words.
Both by its technical content as by its cynical irony.
What worries me most is you, in the function as a moderator, seem not to understand why privacy is important at least for some members who do have a real life and job besides their 'second life' in this forum.

The question is not:
Will it be easy to find out who is the man behind a profile name once you are within the walls of this forum.

The question is:
Will people from the real outside world, searching for information behind our correctly spelled real names for economical, medical or job-related reasons end up in this forum?
This forum thats full of weird humor, emotional chats and topics related to WW2 N**i stuff.
I would like to keep that separated from my every day life and job. Do you?
The difference between y and ij makes little difference to a reader but a huge difference to an internet searching machine. Do you agree with that?

Many members seem not to care at all about any kind of privacy.
They throw out their whole private life including their medical and mental problems in this forum. Its their decision. Not mine. But I wonder if they realize it will never get off the web again.
I live in a city of Jews and political left wing colleagues who distrust and dislike everything that can be related to army stuff and especially Hitlers war machines or grown up men playing with plastic toys. I am occupied in a bizniz where journalists scrolling the web all day long.
Sure, if somebody really wants to, he will find everything on the web anyway.
Its not watertight, I know, I know.
But at least, when we search for my correctly spelled full name on the web we end up with my professional work only and (up till today) not with the plastic toys. I like to keep it that way as long as possible.
The more we can reduce the use of our real spelled names in this forum, the more incognito we can stay for as long as it gets. I like that. Do you?

Some members of this forum are retired and have not much to loose. I have at least 20 years ahead of me to struggle with my profession in the real world. If you have no interest in respecting that, please tell me right away. My final conclusions will be made very soon after.

Do you think its funny to throw out our private first names on the streets of this forum day after day?
I think that is dis-respecting the basic values of any public forum especially when its done by the moderators them selves. Its the world upside down.
If somebody is calling himself Peter or Paul as a profile name, please keep calling them Peter and Paul in this forum.
Unfortunately my first name is not that common and in my professional life, just like in this forum, I am the only one called like that. I already tried to explain this to you a year ago but you still don't seem the get the point.
No, you call it nonsense.
Well thanks a lot.

I have to say that is very disturbing.
For me and for many other members of this forum it must be disturbing too.

Do you think its funny to ignore that and keep telling me and the members of this forum I should change my second name into my first name?

Peter: I am not the one who is complaining for over a year now to get my name changed. You are that one. I came here as Mr. Cryns, I was presenting my work before joining Benno's forum as Mr. Cryns and I will still call myself like that after I leave this forum.
If you do not agree with that name, you should have told me once I joined this forum, not halve a year later.
And (irony oh irony) how do you want me to change my name in this forum when we are not getting the permission to do so - just like what all of this thread is about?

Ironically as well is the fact you and Dad were the first ones writing my real spelled first name in this forum last year. Not me. Not the other members. Other members just followed your examples. I can't blame them. Moderators set the tone. Moderators should set the right tone. The other members follow their example. They copied it from both of you, not from me.
Now you don't want to remove it. And the members copying it from you in unawareness, are not allowed to do so.
I think that is disgusting.

So it seems no more than reasonably and fair to me to ask you and the other moderators very politely, again and again, for over a whole year now, to remove some real spelled name errors from this public forum.
Like here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19118&p=206694
or here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19629&p=212692

Why don't you or other moderators want to do that?
Is it ignorance or is it wrath?
Dad, why don't you say something.
We discussed this several times already.
But nothing is changed.

Peter: When you are calling my request 'nonsense' you are undermining the overall reliability and credibility of this forum.
I dislike that very much.

And please keep the Dioramica out of this discussion since that is not a public forum.
  • Ochoin likes this post.   •  
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by FredG on 04 Jul 2017, 11:14

Mr. Cryns wrote:And please keep the Dioramica out of this discussion since that is not a public forum.

Well advertised Mr Cryns, now I know your real name and what you look like. :-D :yeah:

I like your idea of retaining anonymity.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Jul 2017, 11:54

Very true Peter,everything you wrote is true concerning Mr. Cryns.
Model Exhibitions, reveal his real name and also his professional work too.
Those links lead to You Tube, Movies. Where I watched his movie about young cancer victims months ago.
Under copyright, he can nip along there and go block it now. :-D

Thankfully,
Neddy Eddy Longbottom Beano, will never be revealed here. :drool: "opp`s!"

:sst: " bb`s, gone and done it again."

:coffee: " Not to worry. Archibald,my first name before Neddy is well safely guarded and locked in a big box in the north tower of Beano Castle. :drool: opp`s !"

:cowboy: " Don`t worry we`ll never use it BB."

Friendly Forum Members :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: " We`ll even forget it BB."

:read: " Yes,yes. Very true. I`ll just jot it down in the ledger!"

:winky: " Yes please do. After all names are important."

:sst: " bb,hid his real names for 28 years. he was really upset when it was revealed he wasn't the lone ranger!"

:eh: " u mean E ain`t."

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: " Nope, we are."

Unable to post photographs means smillies win the day. BB
Beano Boy  England

Previous pageNext page

Return to Officers Mess