Photobucket?

Posted by FredG on 04 Jul 2017, 12:05

Mr. Cryns wrote:Dear webmaster please remove FredG's reply from this topic

On what grounds?

If you don't like the result of what you write please don't post it Mr Cryns

http://www.nonstick.com/audio/soundsource/Speedy_Gonzales/ltsg_007.mp3
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 04 Jul 2017, 14:44

I don't use my real name here in this forum, for similar reasons. Mr. Cryns does not care if a handful of forum members know his real name. He cares if a google search of his real name ends up with scale model images of SS Units spattered in blood. This could cause him genuine difficulty with his career and professional relationships. I will respect that by acknowledging his concern, not joking about it, and referring to him or addressing him by his nom de plume. I am not a moderator, though, so there is only so much I can do. I hope Mr. Cryns will not leave this forum, as he is a valuable contributor in my eyes.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by FredG on 04 Jul 2017, 15:10

Mr Cryns is his nom de plume, that is the meaning of the term.

Yes I understand that he wishes to remain anonymous and he told us that at great length. Then he posts where to find his image and real name just in case we didn't know. Brilliant!
Then he asks for my post to be deleted, not his, not both, just mine. Why so? I didn't divulge anything he didn't offer openly and freely in the first place.
Confusing behaviour at best
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by sansovino on 04 Jul 2017, 15:11

I am reading the posts and I am shocked about some aggressions. What happened that members of the Forum are thinking to harm others privacy? I agree that Mr. Cryns rhetorics are sometimes too much overtuned and like a speech in the Roman Senat, but he doesn´t want to harm anybody with it.

Cyncism, private informations on others personal lifes and floods of emojis aren´t very suitable as responses - and shouldn´t be used to harm others.

Please cool down your moods... and be more friendly to each other....
There are no chains and no necessity to insult others....
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Chariobaude on 04 Jul 2017, 15:31

I wish i could see more threads on actual members works than their blabla, or worse, that topic.

If a member needs to protect his privacy, why not helping him ? I just don't see the point.

Back to the subject : if we could just edit OUR posts i guess the probleme should be quicly solved.
I never understood why the editing function was not available, it is to my knowledge the only forum that does not allow it.
Chariobaude  France

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 04 Jul 2017, 16:12

I have to stand next to Mr. Cryns here.
You may know I consider him my friend but that's not the reason.
The reason is I believe he is an asset to the forum.
Just search his posts and you'll find so many techniques and solutions for our modelling problems.
And I think this is the main goal of the forum.

Eventually this thread concerns problems caused by Photobucket, not by Mr. Cryns.
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Cryns on 04 Jul 2017, 16:37

Thank you so much Bluefalchion, Sansovino, Kostis and Chariobaude for your reasonable and well chosen words.

FredG you still don't get the point, do you?
My face is already in this forum when running workshops at Figz 2016 and 2017 and I have never complained about that.
Bluefalchion could not have said it better:

Bluefalchion wrote:Mr. Cryns does not care if a handful of forum members know his real name. He cares if a google search of his real name ends up with scale model images of SS Units

I don't have a problem when members of this forum know private details about me... as long as they do not write it down in this forum.
And because I feel like Benno's Figures Forum is a community.
I trust other members. I trust them in not mis-using that information.
But unfortunately a handful of members has clearly nothing else to do than day after day trying to provocate other members and turning every topic into a joke.

Mentioning Dioramica is not a mistake.
Many members have seen the many reports of that great show posted in this forum. But you were absent at that moment, FredG.
You missed it completely.
And yes, at Dioramica too, there was a lot of discussion about using the artists names.

Peter wrote:and I don't see complains from you there

Peter do you want me to send to you all the mails between Wolfgang and me about the spelling of my name before I agreed to join Dioramica?
Peter do you want to read all the private mails I send last year to about 12 members of this forum in an attempt to stop the use of my name that was ignited by you and Dad?

And by the way there was no N**i stuff at the dioramica show. Well there should have been a German WW2 diorama but after I dropped questions about that at Wolfgangs adress, that particular diorama turned out to be absent from the show. Coincidence? May be. Ask Wolfgang.

So FredG what is the big deal?
I think you are only provocating for the sake of provocating.
You are only discussing for the sake of trying to 'win' a discussion.
Apart from that you have pretty less to offer this forum.

Chariobaude says it as he was reading my mind:

Chariobaude wrote:I wish i could see more threads on actual members works than their blabla,

FredG why don't you post some high quality work of your hand in this forum so we can all enjoy that, in stead of trying to turn many an interesting and serious topic down into silly and often negative jokery?

Finally I like to say I joined this forum after Benno himself invited me.
He invited me to show my best work.
He invited me to give workshops at Figz 2016 and 2017.
I did that on a non profit basis, investing some of my own budget and time to support Dad and Benno and Martin in this.
It was my delight to do all of that.
And I hope there will be a Figz 2018 for me too.
  • Ochoin likes this post.   •  
Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Business Supporting Business

Posted by FredG on 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

I could reply to you at length Mr Cryns but I have far more interesting things to do.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Wiking on 04 Jul 2017, 17:35

Chariobaude wrote:
I wish i could see more threads on actual members works.
Yes, yes, yes, :yeah:

Unfortunately I can`t support the topic .
But it is a great opportunity to say
thank you
to Benno, Peter, Greg for there great support of how to post pic in this forum to me.
Right from the start.

After a few months back suddenly I can`t use there option to post pic.
I really don`t know why.

But as a surprise a few days later Traveller 1865 do a usefull post in the Forum& Help section. So
thank you
to Traveller 1865. You hepled me a lot too.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Jul 2017, 19:25

You are not alone FredG. It seems Beano Boy,
is deserving of special treatement again by Mr Nameless,
Mr Nameless,that should please him no end.
It seems he can use these mad demanding smilies :mad: ,
but that :sst: :mrgreen: :shock: :read: :coffee: :cowboy: :winky: :-D I cannot use peaceful funny ones. It seems one cannot be funny any longer on this Forum,even when the laughter was directed at myself. Beano Boy it is.
  • FredG likes this post.   •  
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jul 2017, 07:45

This thread has totally gone off topic. Therefore, it will be locked (if not removed).

Mr. Cryns wrote:Not to correct linguistic mistakes while the Brexiteers in this forum can make jokes about our poor English

With this, you made it political and very offensive. Labeling entire nation in such negative, political context is very bad move (violation of forum rules). So, consider this as final warning from forum moderator. Next time, I will save your anonymity for good with permanent forum ban - and I'm ready to pay the price of loosing my moderator status after that.
And before sending me pm, think twice - you don't discuss with admins and mods (+ personally, I don't have time for your bla, bla).
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Previous page

Return to Officers Mess