Officers Mess

Microsoft Edge Whacked!

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Feb 2017, 05:46

Hi guys,I often work throughout the night Typing! Most writers often do,there being no distractions about.
Well I logged on my PC,and it was unresponsive. Although having my home picture,I could not shut down manually. The switch on the wall socket then was the only way,so I clicked it off and removed the plug for a short while. Upon switching everything on again an error message from Microsoft appeared that read ,information is being scanned to search out why the error occurred or words to that effect. It was over in seconds and it shut down my PC,and restarted it. However I could not gain entry on anything I clicked on. So I disconnected the thing again. On managing finally to gain entry and access to my stuff,i noticed Microsoft Edge had gone it was missing from my taskbar. Something had given my PC quite a Whack! It has knocked Edge for six shooting it down into whatever,is out there.

Lucky for me that I had,had sense to ask Mrs B,to install another Driver for me when I bought this thing,which has gone from being Fast Smart,to a Dam Crawl. If I only had Microsoft Edge,I would not have been able to do my typing work,and indeed this item on the Forum. Whatever it was that whacked my system it was not stopped by my security firewall which I pay for. So now I await Mrs B,to sort this darn mess out for me,getting well rid of a corrupt file,and trying to reinstall Microsoft Edge which I use for posting and copying my pictures. Upon Googling," Where has Microsoft Edge gone? " There are reams of guys like myself worldwide who have in my opinion been whacked! And darn hard too.
Perhaps some of you guys on the Forum have lost Microsoft Edge in this way? BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Feb 2017, 09:41

Well before the sun came up over Fiddle Wood,my Mrs B, sorted out my PC. It took a little over two hours to get back on BING! For some unknown reason the installed driver that came with the PC,when I bought it disappeared somewhere. Mrs B, realised it was still installed, but no box with my installed icons was showing. Very frustrating indeed, because if one cannot see it, logging on is an impossibility! However job done and dusted and I can now find Microsoft Edge again but by another rout. A sort of double short cut found by Mrs B. MAGIC! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It seems strange that there are simple things that I know how to do on my PC, but Mrs B, cannot, and vice-versa there`s a heck of a lot of stuff she does that to be quite frank about it, I have no clear head of understanding for. ;-) So now I have a new window that opens with the World News, dominated by Trump,of course. And lucky me i can do my daily researching again. :-D I`m Happy Again. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by FredG on 04 Feb 2017, 09:50

I've discovered an app that takes Trump off my screen automatically. It's on every page and shows up as an icon at the top right hand of the page. It looks like a X.
FredG  United Kingdom

Return to Officers Mess