Officers Mess

Windows warning

Posted by Paul on 28 May 2016, 17:02

They offer the Thing firstly for free..then dump it on wether you want it or not :mad:
If ,like me, you are still using Windows 7 ,you will receive a message from Microsoft to the effect that they will update your system automatically on 31/May , to Windows 10.
If you don`t want "10" ,Do not click on the red "X" at the top right hand corner,instead go to to the "Do not install " option in the text.
Paul  China

Posted by Peter on 28 May 2016, 19:25

To late for me Paul! I clicked the "X", turned my back and some time later it was uploading! :mad:

At this moment I don't have problems with Windows 10, but when it changes I wil tell here!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Paul on 28 May 2016, 19:31

Peter wrote:To late for me Paul! I clicked the "X", turned my back and some time later it was uploading! :mad:

Apparently they are getting a lot of complaints, People loosing data etc. especially as they used what amounts to a trick to make People "accept" it. "X" means for most People delete/no or don´t accept. I did the same a while, clicking the "X" thinking it meant "go away I don´t accept" but managed to block it quickly when I realised my mistake /thier trick
Paul  China

Posted by Peter on 28 May 2016, 19:36

I was to late to stop it! Bad luck! I had Windows 8 and was very pleased with it! Luckely I didn't loose data!
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Andreas on 07 Jun 2016, 08:30

@ Peter
I also did try to avoid W10 , now i get bugged several Times every Day . Right now i got a blue " Recomandation " to update . What happens if i click the white X ?
My English isn´t good enouhgt to explain all the PC Problems I have since i didn´t update Windows.
0xc0000022 Error and so on ...
To me it feels like some kind of Repression .
Andreas  Germany

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 08:41

Andreas, don't click the "X" because they will update to windows 10. Somewhere you can read "don't update" or "not now", I think. Click on that, but they will keep on trying. You can't mark "don't ask me again", pity enough, otherwise I would have done that.
Problem with Windows is that sometimes the PC blockes, or they say that you don't have enough memory left on your PC. Only thing you can do then is restart to solve the problem.
Hopes this helps you a bit?
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Andreas on 07 Jun 2016, 09:00

Thank you Peter, but like said i can´t explain the Problem in English .We talk about different things .
I didn´t click on X , but still sometimes my PC starts uploading W10 .Then i have to stop it ..
I have done much more than only click " don´t ask ..." . And still they bug me.
Andreas  Germany

Posted by Peter on 07 Jun 2016, 09:21

It sounds that you are allready in the next stage of the updating, and I don't know if you can stop that. I think you need someone who knows more about informatica as me. Maybe Benno can help you. I know that the earlier version of windows stays on your PC and that it is possible to get that back but I don't know how.
Sorry that I can't help you! :(
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Officers Mess