Officers Mess

Facebook Account

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Oct 2015, 00:54

Hi Guys,somebody hacked into my Facebook Account,and placed stupid Spying, Pirate like Slang SPAM on my Picture Gallery. It took ages to get rid of reams of the stuff along with the pictures.
Has anyone else been made a target of such B.....y Foolery? BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 27 Oct 2015, 08:43

No, I've been lucky for some years now. My first account was "phished" as they called it and I had to start a new one, but I had four or five friends at the time and not much on the account so no big trouble. Hope it goes well for you, Paul! Had one friend from here who got his account stolen so we, his fb-friends, got some adverts about sunglasses or something and soon we had a new friend request from him.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Paul on 27 Oct 2015, 09:42

Facebook is the digital equivalent of a public toilet. hacking the accounts is easy, even Computer illiterates can do it, there´s even online step by step "how to´s" on YouTube etc and also on guess what, Facebook and the hacking of accounts is on the rise..what do FB do about it? Not a lot, contacting them is like talking to a brick wall.

They locked my account and then asked for proof of ID, a scan of some form of official ID to which only german officials have Access and therefore an illegal Action both for them to request it and if I was dumm enough, for me to comply.
Why did they ask for ID? I was using a nickname, not allowed under FB´s Terms but legal under german data laws.
Their Retention and Transfer of data* to the US is also against european data protection laws, a fact recently proven in a class Action in Austria.
The head man at Apple said "when People find out what they (FB) are doing with thier accounts, the Sh*t will hit the fan"...the recent Admission to Manipulation of peoples moods through giving them bad or good News was a tiny part of thier social experiments.
When they locked my account, It annoyed me at the time but after sitting back and thinking about it I realised they had freed me from thier crap and I don´t miss it at all.

IMHO, Best Thing ..Stop being a lab rat feeding Zuckerbergs account and possibly filling intelligence agencies data bases, Close and delete any existing accounts,** especially if you are unwise enough to have opened the account without using a Proxy mail address.

* No matter what they say that you as a user have signed up to by opening an account, It is illegal for them to retain or Transfer Any unique data (photos etc that you have created)
** The Meta-data remains though.
Paul  China

Posted by Emperor on 27 Oct 2015, 09:52

@Bean Boy I don't have Facebook Beano Boy...Reason is that I doesn't want to post my private pictures so that anybody can see it even if I have a lot of pictures...My private life is my private life... I had several accounts on various forums, but after some time a man got tired of arguing ... I like places where I can learn to do things...For example this guy made great clip...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuW4EnKNmk
This type of things I like...And on Benno I can find a lot of useful things... There is nothing like great feeling of being tired after doing good job of making something that you enjoy making...
Emperor  

Posted by Emperor on 27 Oct 2015, 10:09

@Paul that what you said my friend with Apple CEO and what he said about FB, can be applied on many aspects of life...But not to get into discussion of this type, I like the idea of my personal micro space where I can relax and can get away from rest of the world for a second... I also have an old saying ,,Some times you need to remind yourself that you need to appreciate what you have, by seeing how it would be without it...If something is natural for us and we got used on it, we don't appreciate...For example in order to appreciate money, you first need to be without it, so that you learn how much it has value...'' Only the man who had no money and know how hard it is to earn it will appreciate...
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Oct 2015, 16:55

Thank you my friends,for your comments.
i thought what the Heck is going on when I visited my Facebook account? There is very little ,well there is nothing placed there of my personal life,or indeed details of who or what I do. Things like Date of birth,including the year of that birth and where it took place,coupled with ones correct name is a passport for having your identity stolen. That is why these details were not placed on my Facebook Account,My Google Profile,Twitter,my Blog or even correctly placed here on Benno`s Figure Forum.

Although revealing this,my thanks was most genuine for all who wished me happy birthday based upon those dates,and it came from my heart. I`m afraid we all live in a very unkind system of things out there in the world,and there are sick people who just get a kick out of being wicked! My little Facebook page, and Time-line,was another way of showing others the great works I often see,and feel good about placing there so others can view.Fellow Benno-knights like Paul, Remco,Peter,and Sam Wise are just a few. Why anyone would wish to corrupt my little space is way beyond me? Call it SPAM or Whatever,I`m glad I have a Spam Filter on my Blog! BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Emperor on 27 Oct 2015, 17:11

@Beano Boy internet frauds and hacking other people profiles is what happen in some occasions...If you recovered your data and fixed the things it should not worry you...But also as Paul said, when you make any account on any forum, blog, or You Tube or Facebook, you give your personal data to someone...There is a memory that records our activity on the net...I have watched a TV program in which is debated in EU parlament about things like privacy on the net...There are many debates and many aspects of this thing, and I don't want to get into it so deep, but be assure, web is a virtual reality, I like it to call it 8 continent, and like in real world the where crimes are possible, so is in the web...
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 27 Oct 2015, 17:34

:read: "It`s sorted out. There being no more corruption on BB`s space at all. So he is one Poor Widows Son who`s most content." __________i__________ am :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 05 Nov 2015, 13:55

Emperor wrote:There is a memory that records our activity on the net.........

and, apparently Facebook uses the same logarithm to collect data from other social media sites (ones that have nothing to do with FB) and record Details of People (who are also on FB) A Facebook user has connected with then suggest to them as possible "friends" to each other, even though they have had absolutely no Connection with each other through FB.
Example;
I Chat with someone on a dating site (not that i do) and both of us are also FB users but have no Connection with each other at FB..FB´s Programme collects this data and sends both FB users a "possible friend" message.

This is, depending on how you have set up your privacy (a joke in ittself) Settings at FB, bad News, as that Person may not know how old you are, what you look like where you live etc on the dating site but again, depending on what info you have put on FB and your privacy Settings, does now when FB gives the other Person and you the "friend request"

Emperor wrote:I have watched a TV program in which is debated in EU parlament about things like privacy on the net......

This?
21/10/2015 - Austrian Court of Appeals: 20 of 22 points in Facebook Privacy Lawsuit upheld

http://europe-v-facebook.org/EN/en.html
Silicon Valley now 'illegal' in Europe

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/06 ... _analysis/
The ruling means that 4,400 businesses, , including Facebook, Google, Amazon und Microsoft, aren´t allowed to store (or possibly even Transfer ) european users data to or in the US ..and those who joined the campaign at the start (myself included) are in line for a €500 payout.
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Nov 2015, 15:05

Nothing to do with the issue I raised.

In the past few days,TALK TALK.HACKED!
Hundreds of thousands of peoples personal detail`s stolen. Linked to identity fraud.
A NORWICH Teenager, has been arrested. I live in Norwich. This youngster is far too young to be identified under UK Law. Some of the same set of Laws he broke,is now in the process of protecting him.
Makes one sick!____________ But on consideration we must have rights under Law.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 05 Nov 2015, 15:28

I have made a You Tube account some time in 2010...Usually I post some comments, but usually I get answers that annoy me and make me feel sick how people act on net...So I made another YT account one that is creative and useful...I suggest everybody from my experience never to leave any comment on YT...
Emperor  

Posted by Susofrick on 05 Nov 2015, 16:27

The sick thing with FB is Friend suggestions. Some are totally natural, common friends, etc. But some I get are spooky! Neighbours with no mutual (?) friends on FB. Spookiest is brother-in-law who turns up quite often. He have a "secret" (we have told him that it doesn't work) account, doesn't live in the same part of the country, have another name, no friends that I have, no hobby that I have. I have never mentioned him nor the missus. Where did they get that information? I know that I put up a lot on FB, but no secret or important information. Everything is public. That way it's not that interesting to hack my account to find out anything about me. I am not secure from hacking though. Also have Youtube account. Made some comments, but people are not nice (well, some are) on YT. Now I only have filmclips on my dog and some where I play guitar a little.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Nov 2015, 17:21

Well I gave you a couple of visits Gunnar, and the guy in the river was quite safe,it only being about 18 inches deep where he jumped in. Needless to say my friend I will never be a Pest! Respect BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 05 Nov 2015, 17:57

Beano Boy wrote:Nothing to do with the issue I raised.

In the past few days,TALK TALK.HACKED!
Hundreds of thousands of peoples personal detail`s stolen. Linked to identity fraud.
A NORWICH Teenager, has been arrested. I live in Norwich. This youngster is far too young to be identified under UK Law. Some of the same set of Laws he broke,is now in the process of protecting him.
Makes one sick!____________ But on consideration we must have rights under Law.BB

So far None (three so far?) have been charged..so the question, Did he hack the account or was his PC "slaved" ..the actualy hacker sits somewhere else. "Slaving" some elses PC is an easy enough Thing to do.
Paul  China

Posted by Paul on 05 Nov 2015, 18:03

Susofrick wrote:The sick thing with FB is Friend suggestions. Some are totally natural, common friends, etc. But some I get are spooky! .
..and some are downright dangerous, either for thier other "Connections" or they try and get you into clicking on Spyware contained in free giveaways, Video links etc..some even appear to be your friends by either blocking out then replacing accounts or taking over a real friends /relatives account..which, as I said before is easy on FB
Paul  China

Posted by Emperor on 05 Nov 2015, 19:39

Some 3 days ago I was ill of cold, and I was too lazy to plug the lap top into charger...I opened the lap top yesterday, found some 3 irritating notes on You Tube, and I think ,,Man I knew something was missing, and I know what it is the headache from annoying messages that I receive on You Tube from people I don't even know...'' Only thing I was really missing is to see some good tutorial on You Tube or Benno's figures...
This night I made a list of annoy order in real life and on net since 2001... Man what a fool I was, what a stressful life I have lived in past 15 years but now I know what to tell to my children to learn them how to make their life easy...
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Paul on 06 Nov 2015, 09:14

I agree totally about Youtube..the comments there are sometimes worse than anything I have seen anywhere else, racism, sexism, blatant threats of violence. They (YouTube) should delete a lot of the comments,
TBH, I was getting a bit bored with FB, it was getting a bit much looking at the endless Posts and finding nothing that I couldn´t find elsewhere and I´m happy that they blocked my account :-D :-D :-D My gain, thier loss.
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 06 Nov 2015, 14:43

Well I have a Spam Filter in place on my Blog.Which is working fine it blocks out those irritating nasties.
As for You Tube there is little point in posting my stuff there,however I did post stuff showing my little gardens.
One Thing I do Miss on You Tube

I miss seeing my friend blucher1815 on You Tube,so really I don`t go there as often as I used too. If by chance you are reading this blucher get in touch buddy. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Nov 2015, 00:37

Paul wrote:I agree totally about Youtube..the comments there are sometimes worse than anything I have seen anywhere else, racism, sexism, blatant threats of violence. They (YouTube) should delete a lot of the comments,
TBH, I was getting a bit bored with FB, it was getting a bit much looking at the endless Posts and finding nothing that I couldn´t find elsewhere and I´m happy that they blocked my account :-D :-D :-D My gain, thier loss.

Yep. Evidently there are a lot of not so nice people there on Youtube.

I've never used Facebook. TBH I see it as narcissistic. If it amuses you: great. But it's not for me.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Beano Boy on 07 Nov 2015, 03:03

The 16 yearold teenager was arrested, charged and has appeared in court,and he`s out on Bale. Apparently an X Con,has turned over a new leaf.He once stole over 10,000 peoples identity and is a P C Wizard . He got 8 years inside behind bars. Well he served his time and This Super Hero,is helping to catch the thieves now on the B W. News report tonight Friday 6/11/2015,is crooks are selling peoples details for as little as 35pence on the Black Web. BB
Beano Boy  England

Next page

Return to Officers Mess