Officers Mess

Windows 10

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Sep 2015, 00:15

Hi Guys, I went onto Windows 10 , two hours ago,and it is tuff going for little old me to find my way around a new system. The thing was Internet Explorer kept failing on my 8.1 Windows,and this time today it failed big time,and i lost out on bidding on an E bay Lot,I`d watched for days. Well ,thats not quite true, I did bid,but my picture froze and the bid never went on. Yes Internet Explorer had failed again. I lost out on buying classic toys that are so rare I near pulled out what little hair i have left. However i soon cooled down,but i decided to take the free option of downloading Window 10. It took over two hours to download,and copy stuff like my files,then Mrs B, set about getting my PC up and running with the usual things I normally use in my day where i can see to get them on the Bookmark Bar. The thing that really was hard to understand was I lost my connection to my Blog,and I had no idea of the address. Then I remembered I`d placed it on my Forum Profile. Wiz,I was there in a flash,and was able to get access to BB`s Blog again. I write things down,but they always seem to get lost, and I guess I have become a very forgetful Fiddle Wood Gnome. Well its been a fustrated adventure that has eaten away most of my night. Tomorrow back to work once more on the keyboard,and then my normal visit on this Forum, my Blog and E bay. See Ya, Soon. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Marvin on 15 Sep 2015, 19:58

Windows 10 is quite a relief to me after that utterly dire 8.1 version.

What's your blog address BB?
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Sep 2015, 21:18

BB`s Blog steponejust4fun Blog Spot.com :-D ___________________ Marvin,and guys, its a Topsy Turvey place at no mistake,but it is one that I own.
Concerning that far away place of plaster dust and toys,the oddest thing is my audience is growing world wide. By tomorrow there might even be two. :-D See Ya :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Emperor on 15 Sep 2015, 23:03

@Beano Boy I recommend Fire Fox or Chrome, Internet Explorer is problematic, even if I use it, I don't find it better than Mozilla or Chrome...
Emperor  

Posted by Emperor on 15 Sep 2015, 23:08

Bean Boy let me ask you one thing...You are from England...I saw one on some square I can't remember was it Trafalgar (I am not familiar whit London sites so maybe this about Trafalgar and stands sound like idiot talk to Englishman)or some other place, they have a big stand with tin soldiers...I ask because one day I might come to London, you never know...So I want to know where are good places to buy tin soldiers...
Emperor  

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Sep 2015, 23:21

For some unexplained reason I cannot copy and paste using Chrome. Tried half the day to do so. Talk about stress! In the end Mrs B,kindly installed Edge. Instantly I can copy paste and post. I`m up and running again guys. What a Relief! BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Marvin on 15 Sep 2015, 23:33

Emperor wrote:Bean Boy let me ask you one thing...You are from England...I saw one on some square I can't remember was it Trafalgar (I am not familiar whit London sites so maybe this about Trafalgar and stands sound like idiot talk to Englishman)or some other place, they have a big stand with tin soldiers...I ask because one day I might come to London, you never know...So I want to know where are good places to buy tin soldiers...

Well, I visited the Guards Museum in London last year and they have their own model soldier shop there. It's not far from Trafalgar Square (a short walk past Horse Guards Parade and the Household Cavalry museum). I recommend a visit to the museums too!

http://www.theguardsmuseum.com/Guards-Shop
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Sep 2015, 00:11

Well I buy from E bay,
but only when i see a honey pot. Meaning an enticing source of pleasure or reward.
Getting back to the subject matter, I supose i could also download windows 10 on my other PC now all the problems have been ironed out for me. Mrs B, has already installed it onto her Lap Top today.
As I mentioned before it takes quite a while to install,and then more time to get used to it.
Summing up i dare not recommend Windows 10 , to anyone.

Now back to My Book :read: "I`mm thats interesting BB."__ " I know i just wrote it." BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Sep 2015, 00:20

Thanks Marvin,for responding to the question ,on `Where to buy metal toy soldiers.` I forget for the most part folks like to buy new products,and of course there is nothing wrong in doing that. Indeed i buy lots of new stuff too. Have Fun BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Officers Mess