Officers Mess

E Bay Passwords

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 May 2014, 11:25

Hi guys, this is not one of my tall tales. A couple of days ago E Bay made the warning that their system might have been Hacked Into,in March of this year. So they finally made the statement that they advise all E Bayer`s change their Password in order to counter on line fraud! I myself buy lots of stuff on E Bay and in this day and age I was not at all surprised to see this on the News,but what has surprised me is that most that I mention it to,are in complete ignorance of this fact. So I decided to post it here to help keep Members and visitors safe in their on line shopping. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 23 May 2014, 11:30

Thanks Paul
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 23 May 2014, 11:33

Thumbs up, Paul!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by SamSagace on 23 May 2014, 14:40

I've never been informed... but didn't have problems at all !
Like I pay mostly with Paypal, maybe I'm not impacted ?
or the sellers are more vulnerable than the buyers ?
I don't know !
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Beano Boy on 23 May 2014, 16:57

I have a thought ,one could always E-Mail E Bay and ask them about their statement on the BBC & ITV News Network T V in Great Britain this week,where they advised all E Bayer`s to change their Password. Now if this was my Pay Pal Account I would be extremely worried, but it`s just E Bay that was Hacked Into. Their use of "Might have been hacked into."is neither Yes or No,and so clearly shows a lack of security on their part. Recently the Morison Shopping Grope in Great Britain fell fowl of Hackers who have obtained everyone`s identity and address ,and National Insurance Number who work for them. My Son work`s for that Company and he is rather concerned about this situation that rather lax security has placed them all in.We,Mrs B and I changed our Password for E Bay when advised to do so.So there is a real threat out there. The old saying," Better to be Safe then Sorry ," I think applies here.So I felt compelled to post a clear warning on the Forum. Stay safe! BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Officers Mess