Officers Mess

Funny anecdote about me

Posted by Emperor on 01 Jan 2014, 20:19

There is symbolic, why I choose nick Emperor..
My dad is born on August 15th as Napoleon, but my mom is borne on Napoleon's greatest defeat, June 18th Battle of Waterloo...
I myself am born on November 16th as first leader of my modern country...
Emperor  

Posted by Dad's Army on 03 Jan 2014, 10:52

I use the nickname Dad's Army...

Because:

- WW2 is my favorite period
- I love TV series to laugh like the British series "Dad's Army"
- And because I am the dad of Benno

So this was my reason to choose for this nick!!!
Simple with a bit fun in it :P
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Emperor on 03 Jan 2014, 19:12

Yeah I like British series too...Major Richar Sharp brought me into Napoleon buissness...That was a good serie...
Also I'm tired of all HBO, Holywood blowingup, car chasing, fighting and primitive slang language movies...
Or epic fantasy, or superheors, or doomsday...I like old Holywood movies from golden age, Erol Flin, Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes,Lugosi and Karloff in The Raven, I watched that on chemotherapy...I don't like these modern movies, to slacker if you ask me or too megalomanic...I need slow tempo, relaxation, etc etc...
Emperor  

Posted by Alex on 03 Jan 2014, 19:56

Huh, it is interesting stories about the origin of names .
A little history from me.
My birthday April 1. This day is called the day of laughter , humor, or fool day .. Anyway, on this day is considered normal to make fun of someone .. When I was born , my mother could not tell this to my father , because he was at work and she did not know where he is, and mobile phones have not yet been ( scary thought ! ) Then my mom asked for help from a nurse , whose husband was a police officer . The officer , of course, found my father and told about the birth of a son. My father laughed as he thought it was a joke from friends. He thought that a few more days until ...
Since then, I very cheerful and I love laughing and joking and like to create a good mood to others.... :joker: :joker:
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 03 Jan 2014, 23:16

I took the name Beano Boy,because of my older brother who sadly passed away. It is my way of remembering him pleasently each day as I log on.When we were both young kids growing up in the 1950`s and early 1960`s,things were tuff for us then,and it was always my Brother Ron who managed to earn enough pennies to buy each week, The Dandy and Beano Comics!........... Names real or otherwise,are important as we travil along the open highway of life.................B B
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 05 Jan 2014, 11:45

O.K. why did I choose "Wheeling Turn", well many years ago there was a great game called Flintloque shown around at the Essen Games Fair. I played the demo and the halfway through I bought this game. It is a Napoleonics Fantasy Skirmish with very funny names and places. Where the Brits are Orks, the French are Elves and the Germans (well not all) are the Dwarves. As it has a very strong Sharp feel on it (yes there is a Mayor Sharky and a Sergeant Harpy) and I love playing te Orks I choose the name of the Orcish/British High Command. The Duke of Wheeling Turn.
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Konrad on 05 Jan 2014, 12:52

I have chose Konrad :-D
Because my name is...yes...ähem... Konrad. :oops:
Konrad  Germany
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by myname96 on 05 Jan 2014, 14:12

My story is less interesting than most. I Chose the nickname "Myname" because the application to set up a account for the forum asked for my "name". :D It seemed appropriate at the time :lol:

Brian
myname96  United States of America

Posted by Emperor on 05 Jan 2014, 18:35

Well here is another interesting thing...Two nights before operation, I heard there is guy from my town in second clinic...So I go there...When I came in that big room, full of beds and ill people, I noticed that guy had big tattoo...I noticed also that he has that voice that in my country only low criminals have...So we talked...He asked me where I am from...I tell him Triangle, because that is name of neighborhood, because it is on railroad tracks in from of triangle...He asked me do I now some guys, all of them junkies and criminals...Now Trinagle is also called Monkey Island...So who is more dangerous on the island of monkey then my neighbor drug dealer Donkey...Donkey is very dangerous guy...Anyway the guy that I talked to was afraid...
When I came out I found out he is junkie, and he is godson of brother of my mothers maid of honor...And the brother of my mother maid of honor married my half aunt...My half aunt is daughter of my granddad's half sister, great granddad went into war never came back, so great grandmother married second time...
So next month I hear that that junkie guy I met in hospital was arrested , he was angry on local soccer team, so he sneaked in night on their field, dug a grave, and putted a cross on which was written ,,second league or this...''So police broke into idiots apartment, and found a pound of marijuana...
Emperor  

Posted by SamSagace on 05 Jan 2014, 23:45

Interesting topic !!
a lot of funny or freaky anecdotes...

I don't think that I've one which is good to tell here....

Just about my pseudo :
SamSagace (Sam Sagace) is the french name of Sam Wise, and, for those who ignore it ( :mrgreen: ), I'm a fan of Tolkien. Sam Gamgee is my preferred character of the LoTR (maybe because I'm more like him than like Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli or... Arwen ! :lol: ).
Sometimes ago, I was "Rascal", a play on words with my real first name (Pascal) and the word "rascal" that is used in some westerns for the bandits (french translation) and also because of the old tv show :
"The little rascals" for those who know it (In France, I saw it when I was young, on our B&W tv, but the tittle was : "Les petites canailles"

and to finish (so much "blabla" !! :affraid: ):
@Emperor : agree with you about the movies, Tv shows and so long: I'm tired with all that frenetic images ! Yesterday, we saw with all the family, while eating a home-made pizza, a "Japanese-anime", it was very slow, very poetic, without great actions and .... it was a real pleasure !! :love:
("From Up on Poppy Hill" / "La Colline aux Coquelicots" )

@Alex : with you it's often the 1rst of April .... you show us a lot of marvellous figures that we never have! :angry1: ... fortunately sometimes some of them are send to the caster :love:
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Susofrick on 09 Jan 2014, 17:50

Many years ago I took a course in creative writing. One of the assignments was Fairytales and stories for children. Me and two friends started to work on the rhymed fairytale and also wrote our own about the beach troll Susofrick. No idea where the name came from. We wrote some more stories, but often during the very very late part of parties and Susofrick came no further than two blokes using him as a user name on the Internet.
Susofrick  Sweden

Return to Officers Mess