Officers Mess

Paris sightseeing/nightlife

Posted by Benno on 29 Jan 2012, 18:54

In March I'm going to Paris for a weekend with my sister to do some photography and check out the night life. This will be my 6th visit to Paris so I'm more interested in the lesser known parts of the city. Does anybody know some places we should check out? Also some cool cafe's or (jazz) clubs? Tips are welcome! Thanks in advance! :-D
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Peter on 29 Jan 2012, 19:22

No "model" shops Benno? :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Zed1 on 29 Jan 2012, 19:48

Well - if you're about to make photos of the city, you most probably want to visit Montmartre hill and the cathedral Sacre Coeur anyhow. At least, I would do so because the view over the city, especially on a sunny day, is marvellous.

I would recommend to go there the other way round and step up the hill from the backside. Drive with the Metro to Lamarck/Caulaincourt, follow the Rue Caulaincourt a bit eastward, then go right following the Rue Lamarck in eastern direction. Gives you some impression how the backyard of Paris looks. After a few hundred meters, go right into the Rue du Mont Cenis and at the next crossroads leftward. Between the houses, there are stairways going upwards. Take one of them - a hundred steps upward, that make a good photo as well as they lead you into the backyards of the cathedral hill. A place, where you will find small, old houses that make a strange contrast to the rest of the city. Small gardens will guide your way up to the cathedral and it's interesting construction.
Zed1  Germany

Posted by Old Wolf on 29 Jan 2012, 21:53

hi Benno,
have you ever been at the Rue mouffetard ?
i like the smell of the market there.
i know you like the buttes chaumont as i do and in the jardin de Luxenbourg there are some corners i like too
entered it at my last visit
and if you like classic music, try to find the metro orchestra. They playing whole symphonies in the metro stations and on the floors.
btw there is a big modellshop but i forgot where. 4 years ago they were selling the small old Atlantic boxes for 12 €

have fun there
Old Wolf  Germany

Posted by zuluwar on 29 Jan 2012, 22:41

hello

i f you are the time go here for pleasure (for wargames)

Boutique Descartes écoles.

52 rue des écoles, Paris V ème.

Tél: 01 43 26 79 83.

M° Cluny la sorbonne, St Michel ou Odéon.

Ouvert : du lundi au samedi de 10h30 à 19h00

the link

http://www.jeux-descartes.fr/index.html

for the book

http://www.librairie-ac.com/

great trader too here

http://www.tonyshop.fr/

for the 1/72 scale

you are the adresse on the first page

nice trip in paris

regards

gérard
zuluwar  France

Posted by Alex on 06 Feb 2012, 21:06

I was at various times at Disney Land, and have always enjoyed (as much as my little (at the time) sons. I'm also very fond of medieval Cluny Museum. It is a cultural part of it. If uncultured - a suburb of Panten example - a good fight is guaranteed ... :mrgreen:
Alex  Russia
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Officers Mess