Work in Progress

Warhammer to Dragon Rampant

Posted by steve_pickstock on 06 Jul 2022, 10:56

Peter wrote:Mh, could that be another word for lazy? :xd: :lol:

It could.
But I prefer to think that I was just 'in the moment'. :-D
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by MABO on 08 Jul 2022, 18:37

Good looking armies with fancy characters!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by steve_pickstock on 11 Jul 2022, 17:28

Going back for a rematch tomorrow night - Tuesday 12/06/22. May shuffle the TOE slightly. I'm convinced the basic tactics were right, just need to get the activations.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by steve_pickstock on 13 Jul 2022, 00:45

Well! That went much better!

I changed the army list slightly - I dropped the Kislevite Horse Archers, the Blauband halbardiers and their shot block and the Rottband shot block, and put in a unit of foot archers and a unit of Tilean crossbowmen.
I also included a wizard on foot and the witch-queen Katarina of Kislev (the single figure on the white horse in the middle of the army).

I didn't take too many images as it was quite a busy game. The army deployed.

It started out as it did last time, with a few rounds of missed activations and those damned wizards of his doing a lot of damage. Katarina was an early casualty.
However, then the army seemed to get traction (changing dice helped as well).

Everything moved forwards, and we met in the middle, the Empire were triumphant. A carnage award was given to the Bellicose Foot (the Landesknecht Great Swords) who charged into the enemy general's unit and scored a wounding hit on every one of 12 dice.

A much better performance. I think I need to look at the wizards with my army, so stand by for that in the future.

Thanks for looking in, stay safe in this heat, regards Pickers.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by Peter on 13 Jul 2022, 13:54

Thanks for sharing Steve! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Minuteman on 15 Jul 2022, 14:23

Great stuff! Hopefully next time your new army will continue its return to battlefield-glory and we will see the return of the various 'side-lined' Rottband and Blauband units etc. And how could the Landsknecht Great Swords fail to inflict slaughter if they come within striking distance!!

Good also to see the fabled Ancient Pillars that mark the entrance to this famous arena of war being marked by corresponding drink bottles. Rum and coke perhaps?
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by steve_pickstock on 15 Jul 2022, 17:40

Minuteman wrote:Great stuff! Hopefully next time your new army will continue its return to battlefield-glory and we will see the return of the various 'side-lined' Rottband and Blauband units etc. And how could the Landsknecht Great Swords fail to inflict slaughter if they come within striking distance!!

I'm hoping the next time out will be against some Lizard Men, for various reasons. We will see how that goes. Anyway next week is Cruel Seas and 1/300th scale motor torpedo boats.

Minuteman wrote:Good also to see the fabled Ancient Pillars that mark the entrance to this famous arena of war being marked by corresponding drink bottles. Rum and coke perhaps?

It's actually Dandelion and Burdock, and not mine, I prefer not to have bottles on the table, but hey nonny-nonny! It's the club, what can you do? As for what's actually in it, who can say?
steve_pickstock  England

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress