Work in Progress

Kit Figures WIP

Posted by Flashcad on 11 Dec 2021, 14:30

I had originally intended to do 3 x additional figures for my "Scottish Hebrides 1307" diorama, but dropped one of them out as he was more like late-15th/early-16th century and just didn't fit an early-14th century diorama. I'll use him for something else.
Here's how they looked yesterday.

After today's progress the additional Sepoy Mutiny characters are beginning to look okay and the two knights are almost done. Time to leave all five WIP figures alone now, then finish them tomorrow, or Monday.
The comments in this photo are just reminders for me on what still needs done.
Flashcad  China

Posted by Peter on 11 Dec 2021, 16:26

Nice way to make a to do list, but I do that on a piece of paper! ;-)

Looking forward to the progress on these figures! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Flashcad on 11 Dec 2021, 17:50

Peter wrote:Nice way to make a to do list, but I do that on a piece of paper! ;-)

Looking forward to the progress on these figures! :thumbup:

I find it easier to make notes on the photos. Cos I keep losing bits of paper... :eh:
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 11 Dec 2021, 17:56

I added a 2nd Madras Fusilier (Neil's Blue Caps) to the line-up, although I want to extend his trousers down to the ankles and eliminate those knee-boots. Will do that in the morning with Milliput filler.
Time to leave the 4 x Sepoy Mutiny and 2 x Hebridean diorama knights alone, then get on with them again once I've had a few....zed's....zzzzzzzzz....zzzz
;-)

Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 12 Dec 2021, 21:11

Sepoy Mutiny Personalities WIP

12-Dec-2021

13-Dec-2021
I'll be picking dried superglue off my fingers for the next few days - getting that tulwar hilt guard fixed on was a nightmare as it's just a tiny bit of bent wire.
His cap is a bit on the large side, but that's because of the amount of metal that was left on his head before I slapped on the Milliput filler to form the cap shape - lesson learned though, and I'll bear it in mind when it comes to doing the Sepoy conversions I have planned.

Time to leave this one alone and come back to him next week for a few refinements to the paint job.
That's my entire line up of Sepoy Mutiny personalities almost done now.
The Laurel & Hardy figures at the bottom of this next photo are for a future NW Frontier project.

Meanwhile,
The Bruce Diorama
Getting Angus Og off the groundwork was a pure devil of a job. After several days of drying out, the mix of celluclay, fine sand, diluted PVA and dollops of superglue results in something like super-strength miniature concrete. I eventually had to resort to hammering a small screwdriver into the groundwork and using it to lever the figure out of there. While that was going on, I managed to bust off the hand & sword on one of the existing figures....Doh... :eh:
Anyway, I then built up the small rise at the back-left with the celluclay/sand mix. Might have to raise it up another 15 ~ 20mm, but there's no point in me doing anything more with the additional miniature concrete until The Bruce figure gets delivered and I work out exactly where to locate him and Angus.

Cheers the Noo
Flashcad  China

Posted by Peter on 12 Dec 2021, 23:23

Looks wonderfull! And we all love Laurel and Hardy! So don't let us wait to long for that project! :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Flashcad on 13 Dec 2021, 01:24

Peter wrote:Looks wonderfull! And we all love Laurel and Hardy! So don't let us wait to long for that project! :-D

It's not easy trying to find a suitable Shirley Temple figure to use alongside Stan & Ollie up in the wild NW Frontier, although I do have something that might work as an "Evil Shirley Temple", but it'll take a bit of work.
Meanwhile, I want a bit of a change, so before I get back to the final refinements on those Mutiny conversions next week, I reckon I might just have a go at this 54mm "Vampire Queen".

She'd look pretty good if I could find a base tall enough for her to be looking down at the action going on in my "Vlad Tepes Last Stand" scene. It'll have to be around 250mm high, so I'll have a hunt on Taobao and see what I can come up with.
:P
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 13 Dec 2021, 05:14

Found an old phone stand/holder that'll work fine as a display stand for The Vampire Queen.

The amount of junk in our condo has to be seen to be believed, but I can actually find a use for some of it...occasionally.
:P
Guess I better get a primer coat onto her later today, then start throwing some color on tomorrow.
Cheers the Noo
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 14 Dec 2021, 09:10

I had about 24-hours of no internet access yesterday, which meant no distractions. So I got the Vampire Queen pretty much finished this morning.

Flashcad  China

Posted by Peter on 14 Dec 2021, 10:01

That's a nice looking lady on her throne! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Flashcad on 14 Dec 2021, 12:03

Peter wrote:That's a nice looking lady on her throne! :thumbup:

Yeah, but I'm told she has a disconcerting habit of biting her boyfriends... :eh:
Flashcad  China

Posted by Wiking on 14 Dec 2021, 13:33

The rich lady look like her live is sooo boring.

But top painted!
:yeah:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Kekso on 14 Dec 2021, 14:02

Peter wrote:Nice way to make a to do list, but I do that on a piece of paper! ;-)

If I would make my hobby to do list one Excel sheet wouldn't be enough :xd:
It's not called "Pile of shame" in vain ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Flashcad on 15 Dec 2021, 12:03

Wiking wrote:The rich lady look like her live is sooo boring.

But top painted!
:yeah:

The 1:1 scale version would be free to come and bore me as much as possible...anytime.
:shock: ... :P
Flashcad  China

Posted by Peter on 15 Dec 2021, 21:50

Flashcad wrote:
The 1:1 scale version would be free to come and bore me as much as possible...anytime.
:shock: ... :P

Anytime? Also when you are painting figures? :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Flashcad on 15 Dec 2021, 23:28

Peter wrote:Anytime? Also when you are painting figures? :eh:

Yup...anytime... :P :P :P
Flashcad  China

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Dec 2021, 10:46

Agree with Wiking, she looks a bit bored. Maybe you didn't tickle her enough while you painted her ... And only that we can see that she looks bored make it a really top-painting. And at first I thought you invited Peter ...
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 16 Dec 2021, 17:54

Susofrick wrote:......And at first I thought you invited Peter ...

:eh: I can't follow??????? :eh:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Work in Progress