Work in Progress

Vietnam Diorama WIP

Posted by Flashcad on 20 Sep 2021, 21:34

Iceman1964 wrote:Here is the first short post :-D
It's a very well done diorama, with magnificent ground, foliage, background and details.

Best compliments !!!!

Thanks Icemen -- glad you like it.
Cheers
Flashcad  China

Posted by Flashcad on 20 Sep 2021, 21:47

Michael Robert wrote:Great diorama, Flashcad.
I can certainly live with your 1:35 figure painting skills :-))
Seriously, you did not build this in one week?
To me it is mist instructive how you set about building all this to such a complete dio
Thank you greatly for that
Michael

Being retired does come with certain advantages... ;-)
The M113's took about a week. Once they were finished the diorama only took around three days to complete. I was working on the figures simultaneously, while paint, glue, groundwork, and so on, was drying out.

Yeah, I wanted to demonstrate how a simple diorama can be built from scratch using just a couple of vehicles, some figures to give life to the vehicles, and a few scenic accessories.

Hoping this might encourage anyone else who might be considering taking the plunge into this aspect of the hobby. It's really not that difficult and can be very rewarding.

Cheers... :-)
Flashcad  China

Posted by Santi Pérez on 21 Sep 2021, 19:37

Wonderful diorama, FlashCad, like all your works. :love:

I only miss one thing: the female character usual in your creations. :mrgreen:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Flashcad on 21 Sep 2021, 20:06

Santi Pérez wrote:Wonderful diorama, FlashCad, like all your works. :love:

I only miss one thing: the female character usual in your creations. :mrgreen:

Santi.

Oops.
Sorry mate -- I haven't got around to painting her yet.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Flashcad  China

Posted by Bluefalchion on 21 Sep 2021, 20:59

That female figure reminds me of the scenes in the second half of Full Metal Jacket.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 26 Sep 2021, 13:51

Wonderful WIP and final result.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 30 Sep 2021, 21:54

Wonderfull final result! :thumbup:

About the skintones I agree with Aaron, they look to pale. And it can't be that they are all new recruits! :-D

PS: maybe you should have contacted joefix about the incomplete box? http://www.joefix-studio.be/
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Flashcad on 01 Oct 2021, 00:46

Peter wrote:Wonderfull final result! :thumbup:

About the skintones I agree with Aaron, they look to pale. And it can't be that they are all new recruits! :-D

PS: maybe you should have contacted joefix about the incomplete box? http://www.joefix-studio.be/

To repeat my earlier response:-
Feedback of any kind should always be welcome. How else do we learn and improve?

01. The pale skintones on the three Brovo6 figures is a good catch and shall be rectified once I get around to painting the additional miniatures I subsequently placed on order for this diorama. So it's no big deal to add a couple of thin layers of a darker flesh color to the three existing figures same time as I'm doing the add-on figures. The key phrase is "once I get around to it" as I'm currently busy with re-vamping two old dioramas and planning to build two new ones fairly soon. So this issue will just have to take its place in the queue.

02. My beef with the Ruined Temple was with the vendor, not joefix.
The vendor obviously put the image of the 1:72 scale model in the 1:35 scale section of his website by mistake.

Again, no big deal as I rectified the issue myself easily enough and as mentioned, sending the model back to the vendor while entering into an endless exchange of emails would have been more hassle than it was worth.
On delivery of the model, I reckoned I would have been better, and cheaper, to buy a suitable Buddha figure at one of the local bric-a-brac shops and build the walls of the ruined temple myself -- which is essentially what I had to do in any case -- and besides, my version ended up looking a whole lot better than either model anyway, IMO.
Mind you, the wife spent an entire day hunting for the missing lid of her tin of green tea -- and it never did turn up, which was a bit of a mystery... :-) 8)
Flashcad  China

Posted by Graeme on 01 Oct 2021, 08:46

Very nice diorama. Great composition, and excellent work on the vehicle weathering and the overgrown temple.

Armoured, and heavily armed vehicles driving past a neglected Buddah statue though... There's a message there.

Re. the troops riding on top; another factor must surely have been the humidity. riding inside would have been a bit like trying to breath underwater.
Graeme  Australia

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress