Work in Progress

Star Wars 1/72 Slave 1 on Request

Posted by Challenger77 on 20 Jun 2017, 13:44

I was asked to post my Star Wars Slave 1 Quarttet here. So here it is, to the Admin if its wrong here , feel free to move this Thread :-D
About 2 years ago we from IPMS Austria planned a Special "40 Years of SW" for our Exhibition in March 2017. So i cannot shut up as always and so it begins........i want to built the Jango and Boba Fett Slave 1's.
A long searching for the Finemolds kits long out of production, and after i have them my enthusiasm was gone.......

But then, also as always, way too late, i begin with glueing and sanding, rescribing and painting.
My plan was 2 of them in Flightmodus and the others in landingposition on kamino and Bespin.But as i recieved only 1 Boba Fett version a bit of casting parts and cut down the kitparts followed.
And lights everywhere :wink: with Lightfibres and LEDs. I use prefabricated LEDs for 12V .
So here we go....first i show the Parts that are for all Slaves the Same

Boxroundup

Parts, Parts, Parts,....

For the 2 Machines in landed Position i build a Interior from Scratch, Partsbox and a lot of Imagination an Fantasy.....

For the Thruster i go another way then most modellers, most of them cast this in clear resin. But i dont like the Look so i go the complcatet way with halfround tube, semiopaque Plasticard , a bit of orange clear Tube and filler....painting is done with Tamiya, Gunze and Revell Acrylics,

Next Step was to cast the Cockpit from the 1 Boba kit that i have, this was fun :-D

Here is left the Originalpart and right the altered Recast

for the landed mode i altered the Recast by adding some Parts of a Uboatkit and parts from the Scrapbox. I use roughly the Cutawaypic from the SW Book. Also the Seats from the Kit where altered with tiny bits of plastic :shock: to show 'em folded up.Trying to get lucas imagination how this a bit weird cockpit should work.

The Same happende to the jango machine, but without recasting anything. but cutting out the Sidewallmonitors for lighting.

And here i build a Rocketlauncher as seen in SW 2 " Attack of the Clones"

as you can see i drilled many Holes here for lighting, this will be next...........
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Challenger77 on 20 Jun 2017, 14:18

Time to paint......

Acrylics from Black hat, Tamiya, Gunze and Revell, Blending and weathering done with oilcolors and some Chalks. All from a Artsshop, way cheaper than the same Things from the big manufacturers of our Hobby. And if its good enough for a Artist it is good enough for me too ;-)

The bottoms of these Space(cloth) iron was a Pain the Axx to mask, paint, remask, paint, remask, and so on.....i need an entire Roll of Maskingtape and some maskingfluid ( also from the Artsshop ;-) )

Painting the lower Hulls was then like Holliday :P
Only the decals , yellow Strpes on the Jango, where scrap, so i paint all these.

And then the upper Hulls....first casting some typical Parts for the Bobaversion and then...... here it is again the Maskingtapegame...... :eh:

this took more then a Week, some xx§%&xx :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: actions but i get the Feeling of the filmmodels i think

Time for the Cockpits.....

jangos

Bobas

:-D
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Challenger77 on 20 Jun 2017, 14:27

Time to light 'em up !

For these Reason i tried a simple Methode to create somewhat like Lenses on the Optics. Hold them near to a Candlelight and they will go like this

But be careful, this will be a fast Progress and also fast you get it in Flames !

Here we go with Jangos Workingplace....

And the Cargobay...

And the Same for babas Place

more to follow......
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by FredG on 21 Jun 2017, 08:33

"Weathering" on the spacecraft due to space not really being an empty space is acceptable. However, if I was the pilot, I'd be very concerned about "weathering" inside the cockpit.
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by sberry on 21 Jun 2017, 08:41

These models are absolutely stunning! The amount of fine details, the paintjob, the illumination - just great.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Challenger77 on 21 Jun 2017, 08:58

@ FredG.... well thats Star Wars.......no cleaned up Starships like fresh from the Washin Tunnel like in Startrek.
In the real World you've been right . Anyway its only SciFi ;-)
Challenger77  Austria

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Challenger77 on 21 Jun 2017, 09:31

Time is runnig out, build 2 Quickistand out of the Kitpart and a cheap Woodplate, then i put all things togehter. The Wings have only the Basecoat and not glued yet. No washing, no Panellinewashing etc etc, also i have no Idea how to make the Kamino and Bespin Platforms.
But these Flying Irons must go to the Show , have mercy :-)

All Lights running and the Show was a great Success, i will do all the Washing and Weathering for the next Event in October..........hopefully 8)

Sorry for the blurry Pics, only Mobilephone......

Boba on the Flight...

And Pics from our Special on our Show ( http://www.ipms.at/index.php/go-modelli ... mo-17-info )

Beside the Slaves i build a cloudcar for the Bespinscene, here are a few Pics

Reinforced the middlepart with steelrods , the Pods are a bit heavy

Drilled out the Truster, this will be lighted ;-)

Build a new one with Plasticard and halfroundprofile. Thisthing is easy insert in the Kitpart after painting.

Highgloss Gunze Orange as first Coat

and after the usual maskingtapeparty.....

Thast is all for now, when this things be finished i post it her.
Thanks for looking !
happy modelling :-D
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Wiking on 21 Jun 2017, 15:53

The whole concept of the Slave one is a great and outstanding idea in the Star Wars saga. Different shape of the Orbiter. Flight and landing position is turned by 90°. As the coloring too.

You bring the light into Boba and Jangos dark side.
Thanks for sharing us these amount of nice step build pic.
Well done!
:yeah:

Be the force with your modelling ideas, young Jedi ...
Wiking  Germany

Posted by FredG on 21 Jun 2017, 16:01

Challenger77 wrote:Anyway its only SciFi ;-)

Gasp! :shock: :shock: :shock:
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 07 Jul 2017, 19:52

Wonderfull project! I love it all the way! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 18 Jul 2017, 12:11

Awesome. You put so much effort and time into it. I like it very much.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 18 Jul 2017, 17:09

Awesome in every presented detail. Respect BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Challenger77 on 25 Jul 2017, 08:53

Imagebanana is no more active so here is the whole Album

https://picload.org/folder/cadla.html
Challenger77  Austria

Return to Work in Progress