Work in Progress

28mm Retreat from Russia Diorama

Posted by DickerThomas on 08 Jun 2017, 07:47

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

fantastic work .. can't wait to see more ... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
User avatar
DickerThomas  Germany
 
Posts: 225
Member since:
27 May 2015, 15:16


Posted by Mr. Cryns on 08 Jun 2017, 11:24

Dear Gerry,

This is becoming one fantastic project with lots of figures I have never seen before.
Lots of surprising poses of figures, and good conversions by you.
Well done, good work Gerry. I wish this was my project :oops:

You posted some other extremely realistic threads last months. But I prefer to reply on Napoleons period instead of WW2 because of my personal interests and fascinations.

I like to share a very short eye-witness account with you, written down by a surviving Dutch soldier serving in Napoleons army during that terrible retreat from Moscow 'When I saw our men walking through the snow, they did not look human. They were black all over. Their cloths, faces, hands and hair, everything was black because of the smoke of the many fires they had made to keep warm. And because of the dirt they had been sleeping in.'
User avatar
Mr. Cryns  Netherlands

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)
 
Posts: 1102
Member since:
11 Nov 2015, 15:33

Posted by gerry7944 on 08 Jun 2017, 14:38

DickerThomas wrote::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

fantastic work .. can't wait to see more ... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:



DickerThomas

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 390
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Posted by gerry7944 on 08 Jun 2017, 14:45

Mr. Cryns wrote:Dear Gerry,

This is becoming one fantastic project with lots of figures I have never seen before.
Lots of surprising poses of figures, and good conversions by you.
Well done, good work Gerry. I wish this was my project :oops:

You posted some other extremely realistic threads last months. But I prefer to reply on Napoleons period instead of WW2 because of my personal interests and fascinations.

I like to share a very short eye-witness account with you, written down by a surviving Dutch soldier serving in Napoleons army during that terrible retreat from Moscow 'When I saw our men walking through the snow, they did not look human. They were black all over. Their cloths, faces, hands and hair, everything was black because of the smoke of the many fires they had made to keep warm. And because of the dirt they had been sleeping in.'




Mr Cryns

Your continued support and kind words on this topic are very much appreciated.

I fully understand your sentiments on the WW2 stuff I post and I understand that everybody has a different area of intrest and focus.

I have a wide intrest in mostly Napoleonic WW1 and WW2 although I tend to stay clear of more modern conflicts.

The inspiration for this project has come from my finding a copy of "The Memoires of Sergeant Burgoine" who was a member of Napoleons Gaurd and went through the whole Russian campaigne including the retreat.

If you have not read this I recomend it as it is a first hand account of this terrible event as told by an ordinary soldier.

Again thank you for your continued support.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 390
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Jun 2017, 14:55

Really Fantastic Work Gerry.
I use those flickering tea lights too,in scratch-building samples. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 4960
Member since:
03 Sep 2013, 14:45

Posted by gerry7944 on 09 Jun 2017, 07:11

Beano Boy wrote:Really Fantastic Work Gerry.
I use those flickering tea lights too,in scratch-building samples. BB



Beano Boy

Thanks for that.

Much appreciated.

This is the first time I have used one of these tea lights and I must admitt I am quite happy with the results.

Cheers

Gerry
gerry7944  United Kingdom
 
Posts: 390
Member since:
07 Oct 2016, 04:49

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress