Work in Progress

25mm Hittite Axe Men and Other Fantasy Stuff

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jan 2016, 04:22

I first saw these Hinchcliffe original figures of Ancient Hittites, a few days ago. Although quite crude in design and style i found them quite fascinating. Having been boxed away for years on end added absorbing interest. So i decided i wanted them,but it might seem strange to others because i did not wish to buy them. Always adding this that, and another into a one job lot ,can be of beneifit when buying on E Bay. This is how i obtained the figures for free. Buying two lots would mean i would lose out so i placed the three items including the Ancient Hittites ,and asked for another invoice to be sent for Combined Postage. I received it and paid in full ,and the postage saved more than covered the cost of these metal 25mm Figures. So i lucked in, and the way things turned out i got them for Free. The more you spend the more you save,and its a jolly good way 2 obtain Free- Be`s

Sorry for bad photo`s they are from my E Bay Account.

They are all axe wielding fascinating little fellows.

Above is the closest i could find that resembles them,and the Hittite Axe is below. True there are lots of pictures on line of Hittites,but the Ancient Rock Carvings are more of an interest to me.

20 Bretonnian Archers by Warhammer. Very good they being all fixed together.

I must find time to paint some of these.
Last year i only painted 80 or so figures.
The year before i painted over 3.000

I bought 22 of these Ork Gretchin 2nd edition figures also originals from Warhammer.
I have it in my minds eye to use these in a Sci-Fi Fantasy project .
I placed these on my blog,and others like the Hittites too. :-D BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 28 Jan 2016, 08:46

Interesting weapon. My first thought that it has more ceremonial than real use.
That part represented by horns that connects blade and handle seems to be a weak spot.
Still it looks very nice and valuable item.

Oh yes, sorry for off topic comment. It should be about figures ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 28 Jan 2016, 09:03

I can see some figures on the axe, but that's maybe just me. Interesting topic and I like the axemen!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jan 2016, 22:30

Dalibor, you probably are correct about that Hittite Chopper!
No need to apologise either my friend,after all i ramble on enough in my writings.
It would be a poor excuse for a Forum if we were restricted in such opinions. The Internet is full of stiff necked regulated Forums__________ which are void of personalities ,banter and song.

On the other hand,Benno`s Figure Forum ,is full of it. :-D :-D :-D :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 02 Feb 2016, 19:17

Nice models, especialy the Hinchliffe ones from the good ole days.
The blade really looks more zeremonial then a warblade but anyway I won`t get whacked by this one.
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Feb 2016, 20:30

It was the only Hittite Axe i could find,i guess they really carried great big chopper size swords. i cannot think now what to do with them. Perhaps Statues on some kind of ancient building. Our each as a Bell Ringing Autometer toy of some Great Clock. Now that story line sounds interesting. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wheeling Turn on 08 Feb 2016, 14:26

Well I think a double handed axe is not totally out of the way as the greater punch it delivers might count. Even if it is just made out of bronxe and not steel...anyway I like the models
Wheeling Turn  Germany

Return to Work in Progress