Work in Progress

painting Asterix & Obelix plus Lucky Luke toy figures

Posted by Dad's Army on 08 Jan 2015, 08:49

Peter wrote:Impressive paintjob on these figures Paul! I like them a lot! :thumbup:

Now let us bring this very carefull to Remco! Thisisn't good for his health, as he only paint one figure a month! :-D

Much to impressive...
I guess its time for me to search for another hobby :eh:
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Susofrick on 08 Jan 2015, 08:53

Very nice! The Gauls must take back The White Tower!!! Nah, we like your figures too, Remco!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Peter on 08 Jan 2015, 13:14

Dad's Army wrote:Much to impressive...
I guess its time for me to search for another hobby :eh:

What? No way! I'm waiting for your January figure! ;-) :-D
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Jan 2015, 18:13

Many Thank`s guys, what I find most impressive are the comments I often receive, and although I aim to please I am not a good painter of figures.
Remco, your own unique style of painting clearly shows you have a passion for painting these tiny figures, and I agree fully with Peter, and look forward to seeing your ongoing work. Respect BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by dutchboyinohio on 08 Jan 2015, 19:55

Have been looking at this thread, and wow, these figures look cool once painted. I think I used to have some of them when I was a kid. I'll have to see if I still have them.
dutchboyinohio  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 09 Jan 2015, 02:59

Always good to receive nice comments from another of Benno`s Knights of his Round Table. So Yah! Have a look see if you still have them. Paint E`m up and Post E`m in, or send them to Remco,he is an avid collector of those little fellows,and has been way before my time here.

Stay safe dutchyboyinohio. BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 10 Jan 2015, 15:11

MMMMM! Caution some Things are Turning.
I know I said Lucky Luke next,but this sort of came up,so please follow along.

Yes this will do.

This is Great stuff, and left over from roasting,so "Why not use it is my Motto!"

Lightly crimpled up nicely, but I don't need this straight edge. So off it comes.

There that's just right.
What did you ask?
Opp`s! Have I put this in the wrong place?
Of course not. This is still a Comic Book style W I P !
Yes ,I like Working In Peace ,and with pieces of This & That.
Now I just need another piece of crumpled up Stuff.
By the way this stuff is good on Ya Head stops Aliens from Reading your Mind. Well I`ve got some on Mine,to stop you Reading my Mind and finding out to soon Just what the heck this is shaping up to be.

Fantastic looking job,and it will do for this short Demo! Now I`m popping off for a Coffee!

Fred & MayBell are very curious,and take this opportune moment to ask a few questions from the part painted Royal Guards. Who just stand there on duty,and yes,say nothing. However because of who they are,they were allowed to pass.

"What Ever is IT!Has B B finally Flipped his Lid? " They say to each other.
It appears that they`ve both seen that Shiny Thing he`s got crumpled up on top of his head too.
"Opp`s, He`s coming. Lets scarper before he see`s us." WHOOOOOOOSH! They`ve Gone!

Now then I think I`ll have a bright read of this Asterix & Obelix Comic while I sip my coffee. Memhirs,this should be interesting.

The two friend are now back ,and so is, Obelix who looks very please with the work,and his delivery`s can now take place again.

My own style tree`s are right handy to have to be able to do such a thing as This.

Perhaps you might remember that I made that mould, so I could cast the Menhirs up just for this project. Without doing that of course ,I could have never been able to do this scene.However I wanted to have some fun along the way, and not just slap a picture on this open ended topic. So yes ,I set my mind to model the Obelix Quarry ,and as it reads on the sign ,Caution Menhirs Turning.

This is a Demo, and I will need to just paint the thing up ,and the Menhirs and make the sign up too. Along with other stuff too, in order to be able to use it as a Prop in future Story Telling Tales. Gosh! I`m glad that's over now I can take this Thing off my Head. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 15 Jan 2015, 15:10

I was up all night working on stuff,and then looking at the clock which read 3 o,clock! I figured to work on painting a few Plaster of Paris Rocks for my Railway Layout,and then dry brush this little Quarry which I did,and finally finished all the work at 7 o,clock this morning just as Mrs B was getting up.

This complete 4 sided shell of Kitchen Foil is reinforced with tiny balls of news paper. Each ball with a spot or two of PVA Glue is laid in layers inside. One layer at a time was built up when the layer beneath had dried and stuck so it would not move. When the inside was stuffed full of these tiny paper ball`s the size of a Chickens Egg,then the back and sides were fitted using PVA GLUE. When all dried and firm to handle,the entire thing was painted black then two days later dry brushed.

Now the Cost.
This little project cost me £1.00 for the paint ,plus 50p for the glue, plus 18 p for the brush. Total £1.68p

I decided not to make it to busy with to many figures. I wanted to show it Secret & Secure, so I Surrounded it with 50 tree`s from the Wood at Hougoumont,and added Obelix & the little fellow on top of the Menhir Quarry. I must admit that making 50 tree`s for this project would have been a Big NO! However once you have them they do sort of help make a scene.

Mrs B, said that it would make a Fine Little Cove by the Sea.I thought of Pascal`s Pirates. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Peter on 17 Jan 2015, 14:21

Great looking rocks! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Jan 2015, 16:25

"Thanks for looking. This is what BB call`s Rocking!"
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Nov 2015, 22:59

It was a question of scale really.
__ :read: "What was BB?"__ "Cabbages! "
__ :read: :cowboy: "Cabbages?" __"Yes ,Cabbages."
__ :shock: " Oh My!"

It was Dalibor,that commented that they were far to large for 1/72 scale,and rightly so,because clearly he knows his Cabbages.
So although lucky Luke figures are not yet painted,the placement of Cabbages earns its place here as this turn of events play out.

"Are you sure its true?" ____ "Yip! We invade Britian."___ "What ever for.Those Brits as a Nasty Mean Bunch you know?"___ " Tin and Lead,and Coal,Thats what for."___ " Coal?"___ " Yes Coal,but its not been discovered yet."
Very soon after the Romans invade lower Britain, then astablish strong holds,and after Biff! Bash! Crash! Wallop! They seize what they have come for. The Cabbage Patch.
However at great cost,but replacements are on their way.

"Flaviouse,this cannot be? Surely Caesar, would never allow them to land in that condition?"
_____ " Well Markis,you being my twin Brother. I say it is,and whats more there are only two of them."___ " Gad! This sounds worser than i thought.Two you say?" ( Only a short while in Britain and he`s picked up the local lingo already.) " Yes,and to make things even worse they are to guard the highly prized Cabbages Patch."
:read: "Boy, O Boy,I just Love reading and hearing about History. But are you sure its all true BB"
____ " Well Yes,Uncle Ned,said it was the case when i was a toddler!"__ :shock: " OH,MY!"

"Just look at what we`ve come all that way from Gaul for. To guard this place?____ " Well this could be the high spot of Britain. And people might flock in to spend their summer hols here."

"Look at them. They are not fit to replace our brave lads who fell in that foreign field."

"Yes ,best we get e`m painted quick smart before Caesar see`s them."

So they slipped me a Scroll._____" Thanks Guys." :thumbup:
( I must spot their eyes,and graphite will do.)

A while longer a simple paint job ,followed by a wash and I`d rectified the condition of these new arrivals.

Gosh they grow quick in Britain.

The Cabbage Patch_______________ by :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Susofrick on 12 Nov 2015, 08:47

:-D Cabbage and coal are pronounced the same in Swedish! (Kål and kol) Very fitting! :-D
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Marvin on 12 Nov 2015, 20:29

I can feel another post from Plastic Vegetable Review coming on... ;-) :joker:

Astonishing creativity as always, BB! :yeah:
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 12 Nov 2015, 22:11

I like these with some sugar and bacon! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Nov 2015, 22:51

Gunna , so you place a lump of coal on the plate if someone asks for seconds? :shock:

Marvin,I don`t know much about creativity,but they were raised from seed. :-D

A few more Roman stragglers came in from a punch-up with Asterix and Obelix,
so i painted them up for MrsB`s Collection. They are the first things I`ve painted in 7 months.
:cowboy: " Bout time you painted Lucky Luke BB."__" Ya! I`ll check the colours out later." :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Nov 2015, 22:59

:cowboy: "Good Tip Peter. Sugar coated Romans,and Bacon."

:read: " What about the Cabbages?" ______ :-D BB
Beano Boy  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 13 Nov 2015, 08:48

The cabbages looks very nice. The Romans too.
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Peter on 13 Nov 2015, 21:05

Beano Boy wrote: :cowboy: "Good Tip Peter. Sugar coated Romans,and Bacon."

:read: " What about the Cabbages?" ______ :-D BB

We can always play a game with them! :mrgreen:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Previous page

Return to Work in Progress